Post a picture... any picture

15005015035055061052

Comments

  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,070
    rrv09v2mzetf.jpg

    Jimi Hendrix and turntable. Anyone identify the turntable brand?
  • Garrard ?
    Sal Palooza
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,070
    dczh862nq5as.jpg

    When these needed repair, would they send a plumber or an HVAC tech?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,756
    edited January 2021
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    rrv09v2mzetf.jpg

    Jimi Hendrix and turntable. Anyone identify the turntable brand?
    Garrard ?


    Yup. A 301 or 401. I think it's a 401, based on the BIG stobe markings on the BIG platter.
    (edit: and the rectilinear look of its chassis)

    3np1wxjuby80.png
    (borrowed image, of course. The one here has a SME - I think! - arm; not sure 'bout Jimi's)

  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,756
    edited January 2021
    Here's a photo of Stefan Kudelski inventor of the Nagra tape recorders

    49sqtwifylzp.png

    Looks like a Tek scope (or two) and a coupla HP meters behind him.
    Cool image; I've never seen a photo of him before (although I am still a bit more disposed towards Stellavox than Nagra, had I, indeed, the income so to dispose!).
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,756
    edited January 2021
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    dczh862nq5as.jpg

    When these needed repair, would they send a plumber or an HVAC tech?

    Big commercial conglomerates were "in" for a while. For example, LTV (Ling-Temco-Vought), better known for military-industrial complex stuff, owned Altec for a spell. :|

    ... and then there was Fairchild. Fairchild made... most everything at one point or another, including (among other things) top-flight semiconductors, aircraft, and some of the finest music reproduction equipment ever made.

    EDIT: Oh, I presume youse guyses all know this, but Roberts was the importer/reseller of AKAI components (most notably tape decks) for a while -- back in the days when most if not all Japanese brands were handled by third parties in the US (e.g., Sony Superscope, at least their tape recording products).
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Back when stuff was cool.f7ufhfznt3dw.jpg

    Just kidding, I was there and nothing was cool.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,904
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Milito wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    boston1450 wrote: »
    vos1gs68rlet.jpg

    Beautiful Kenworth conventional.

    Not bad, I sold Pete's for awhile in the mid to late 90's. Needless to say I prefer them.

    Only because you liked to say you had a new peterbilt....

    😉

    You do realized there was a bumper sticker that said that. I saw two old truck salesman in their Caddy with that bumper sticker driving thru a lot full of trucks many years ago. It was the first time I had seen that bumper sticker.

    It said " Old truckers never die, they just get a new Peterbilt."
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Clipdat wrote: »
    D56P6Eb.jpg

    *facepalm*

    I watch that same show all of the time!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,904
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Milito wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    boston1450 wrote: »
    vos1gs68rlet.jpg

    Beautiful Kenworth conventional.

    Not bad, I sold Pete's for awhile in the mid to late 90's. Needless to say I prefer them.
    Great trucks. Pete's have narrow cabs. I'm on the thick side & prefer wider cabs. I've had Freightliners, Western Star, Macks, Volvos. Their all good trucks. Years back I used a Mack Superliner with a 500 in it & it had 2 shifters & had to put arm thru the steering wheel to shift it. Wouldn't that thing pull a hill. Back in the 80's my Mack 350 Cummings you'd see a hill & it was like you threw a anchor out. 60mph to 40 if you were lucky. Don't miss that truck. I am semi-retired now & don't miss the racquet one bit.

    My father was in the truck business for 30 years. He sold Whites (Freightliners) and Macks. I still have the Mack chrome bulldog ashtray he had. Don't if you had ever seen one.

    At one time he was Used Truck Manager at White Trucks (later Freightliner) in Dallas. I got a little bonus because of this. My first car was a 57 Chevy 2dr with a pink accent color. Needless to say I didn't like the color, but I knew I would get it painted when I bought it for $700.00.

    He sent it to a local body shop a lot of business so they painted my 57 for free with nine coats of Maroon lacquer and the local interior shop put a rolled and pleated interior in my car for the costs of materials. The cost on the interior was $45.00 in 1967.

    Just goes to show how far the value of the dollar has dropped since then.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Here's a photo of six Ampex 351-2 decks being used to duplicate tapes at a radio station.

    ydy7tuk24rwo.png
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,756
    Clipdat wrote: »
    D56P6Eb.jpg

    *facepalm*

    You're just jealous.

    :#
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,462
    Clipdat wrote: »
    D56P6Eb.jpg

    *facepalm*

    Wall o' crap!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,756
    The HH Scotts on the bottom flanking sides (with Philips dome tweeters) actually ain't half bad, nor (?!?!) are the Radio Shack "Nova 10"s sitting atop them. The Nova 10 has a PR and those fetching white-coned woofers (JBL wannabes) and those audiophile cone tweeters with the metal dustcaps (to improve dispersion and HF response!).

    B)

  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,464
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    You're just jealous.

    Yes, I am jealous - of that large open space where a proper HiFi system could be set up. Would love to have that much room to set up my system in.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,904
    I would love to have that kind of space too.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,269
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Back when stuff was cool.f7ufhfznt3dw.jpg

    Just kidding, I was there and nothing was cool.

    That blue Panasonic (one like it) there was my first cassette player.
    I played the wheels off it.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,070
    Milito wrote: »
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Milito wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    boston1450 wrote: »
    vos1gs68rlet.jpg

    Beautiful Kenworth conventional.

    Not bad, I sold Pete's for awhile in the mid to late 90's. Needless to say I prefer them.
    Great trucks. Pete's have narrow cabs. I'm on the thick side & prefer wider cabs. I've had Freightliners, Western Star, Macks, Volvos. Their all good trucks. Years back I used a Mack Superliner with a 500 in it & it had 2 shifters & had to put arm thru the steering wheel to shift it. Wouldn't that thing pull a hill. Back in the 80's my Mack 350 Cummings you'd see a hill & it was like you threw a anchor out. 60mph to 40 if you were lucky. Don't miss that truck. I am semi-retired now & don't miss the racquet one bit.

    My father was in the truck business for 30 years. He sold Whites (Freightliners) and Macks. I still have the Mack chrome bulldog ashtray he had. Don't if you had ever seen one.

    At one time he was Used Truck Manager at White Trucks (later Freightliner) in Dallas. I got a little bonus because of this. My first car was a 57 Chevy 2dr with a pink accent color. Needless to say I didn't like the color, but I knew I would get it painted when I bought it for $700.00.

    He sent it to a local body shop a lot of business so they painted my 57 for free with nine coats of Maroon lacquer and the local interior shop put a rolled and pleated interior in my car for the costs of materials. The cost on the interior was $45.00 in 1967.

    Just goes to show how far the value of the dollar has dropped since then.

    My mother's cousin was a top mechanic for White/Freightliner in Omaha all his life. They flew him to other places to make repairs that others could not. He probably retired in the late 1980's.
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    D56P6Eb.jpg

    *facepalm*

    Thus inspired, Phil went on to create his Wall of Sound.
    To know him is to love him.

    sgugnl3takld.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,070
    78v3o9bhdqew.jpg
    959zpd3d2b4e.jpg

    I'm pretty sure the guy on the sofa is Randy Newman. Can't place the girl. It's not Olivia Newton-John. It looks more like Susan Anton?
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,416
    edited January 2021
    Wow. She is hot. Figures i think they called the wrong Randy
    ..
    ..
    ..
    Randy/Maine
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,462
    edited January 2021
    They must have teenagers!
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,070
    edited January 2021
    DaveHo wrote: »
    They must have teenagers!

    Probably toddlers. Even today's teenager's can (hopefully) operate a Phillips screwdriver. When parents were gone, it would be unscrewed. The wife could have put the screws in too ya know. :)

    No one should do that to even a cheap piece of gear. But we see it all.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited January 2021
    I believe that's Hal Blaine at the drums and Carol Kaye on bass.

    bi9hlgfx6jis.png
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,841
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    DaveHo wrote: »
    They must have teenagers!

    Probably toddlers. Even today's teenager's can (hopefully) operate a Phillips screwdriver. When parents were gone, it would be unscrewed. The wife could have put the screws in too ya know. :)

    No one should do that to even a cheap piece of gear. But we see it all.

    You are giving them way to much credit. If it's a virtual screwdriver perhaps.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,756
    sometimes, even the cat shrugs...

    bfbwhw7ctylf.jpg