• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,167
    ^^^😀😀😀😀😀😇
    Sal Palooza
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,060
    ^^^^^
    Pretty amazing!!!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueBirdMusic
    as seen on offerup

0anffzo5k7bm.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    I've heard of toe rings but toe chains? Gotta be REALLY uncomfortable 😂
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • s6i2eabueie5.jpg
    saw this on ebay looking for JBL K2
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,481
    edited July 2020
    s6i2eabueie5.jpg
    saw this on ebay looking for JBL K2

Yes. I seen that pic many times. Usually pops up when I was searching for a JBL Synthesis center speaker. I think that is a SK2 3300 center in the middle there.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Kex wrote: »
    So...

This is what we’ve been working on in our little corner of the world.

njti1y7ggcyx.jpg

s1880lyjugww.jpg

Man is that nice. Is that a sustainable renewable energy home? It looks similar to some European off grid homes I've seen pictures of.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    I hate those POS birds
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,872
    WLDock wrote: »
    So...

This is what we’ve been working on in our little corner of the world.

njti1y7ggcyx.jpg

Man is that nice. Is that a sustainable renewable energy home? It looks similar to some European off grid homes I've seen pictures of.
    It is all the brainchild of our (American) architect @WLDock. I don’t think it’s especially sustainable or anything, but it is well insulated.

She favors “mid-century modern” architecture. This is a more contemporary variation on that. The wood cladding is actually one of four wood types allowed as a fire retardant in our area (it’s very dense). Currently, there are four a/c units (for complete temperature control in different zones), but only the smallest unit has been needed so far.

We’ll probably add solar, with at least one backup battery (Tesla, maybe). We’re still working out the details. Everything will be HomeKit controlled for complete automation, manageable from anywhere in the world, so no wasted energy from traditional inflexible programming.
    Alea jacta est!
  • BlueBirdMusic
    as seen on offerup

0anffzo5k7bm.png

Yesterday, I should not have made fun of the spelling of the word "tow" in the offerup chain for sale ad.

Later in the day, the timing belt broke on my Toyota RAV4, and I had to call a toe tow truck.

Harry / Marietta GA
  • WLDock
    edited July 2020
    It is all the brainchild of our (American) architect @WLDock. I don’t think it’s especially sustainable or anything, but it is well insulated.

She favors “mid-century modern” architecture. This is a more contemporary variation on that. The wood cladding is actually one of four wood types allowed as a fire retardant in our area (it’s very dense). Currently, there are four a/c units (for complete temperature control in different zones), but only the smallest unit has been needed so far.
    We’ll probably add solar, with at least one backup battery (Tesla, maybe). We’re still working out the details. Everything will be HomeKit controlled for complete automation, manageable from anywhere in the world, so no wasted energy from traditional inflexible programming.
    For sure that open light-in design is prevelant out West... As well as so many other cool and beautiful styles that we just don't see much here in the Midwest.

There are many prefab eco homes available in that style: http://www.takepart.com/article/2015/09/14/7-prefab-eco-houses-you-can-order-today

Solar and batteries makes so much more sense out there vs.here in the Midwest. Since last years PG&E power outages, we've gotten many calls about hybrid solar/battery backup off grid capable systems. We don't have one for the USA yet but there are many other companies that offer solutions.

Speaking of solar, here's a cool picture odf a stack of boards for one of our larger solar inverters. mnjfki5sxxao.jpg

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited July 2020
    A morning visitor a few days ago:

wg7qcasn37n4.jpeg

Pileated.
    Cool.

:)
    as seen on offerup

0anffzo5k7bm.png

Yesterday, I should not have made fun of the spelling of the word "tow" in the offerup chain for sale ad.

Later in the day, the timing belt broke on my Toyota RAV4, and I had to call a toe tow truck.

I thought the RAV4 used a timing chain -- the 4-cyl (in 2006), at any rate.
    At least, that is what my mechanic told me back when I had one. It was having transmission issues and so I never found out if it was belted or chained :|
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    Speaking of solar, here's a cool picture odf a stack of boards for one of our larger solar inverters. mnjfki5sxxao.jpg

But can they be ordered with upgraded sonicaps and mills resistors?
  • BlueBirdMusic

fo4fmcrk1gu0.png

Harry / Marietta GA
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • WLDock
    Clipdat wrote: »

But can they be ordered with upgraded sonicaps and mills resistors?

Ha! :D Now that would be a funny Tech Support question.

The reality is everything has gone cheaper beacuse the solar industry is so competitive now. The current solar inverters are based on a transformerless design. The housing are plastic and thin metal and they are smaller more streamline, lighter and cheapr to make.

In contrast, the last gen inverters were big bulky boxes made of extruded aluminum . The larger units had three identical power stages to get a final output. So three times the amount of parts. Ours was more expensive than the competition but we didn't care because we felt it was "quality."