Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Wow, those are some beautiful pictures breal74!
  • breal74
    breal74 Posts: 324
    nbrowser wrote: »
    breal74 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Whereabouts is the locale for those photos (regionally), if you don't mind sharing?

Silverstar mountain in SW Washington. We were facing south looking at Mt Hood in Oregon. It was an amazing experience and for a brief moment on our hike down the whole forest looked like it was on fire from the setting sun. My 6 year old was in awe and so were my wife and I.

Don't we live in such a great area for awesome scenery? I'm just slightly north of WA State up here in Abbotsford and I'll tell ya, we got a stunning view of the north face of Mount Baker from here and all we have to do is drive about 35 minutes east and your in the Cascade mountains...and all their breathtaking vistas.

I am in heaven out here! There are so many outdoor activities to do between the ocean and mountains and all with incredible views.

My family and I have been doing a lot of hiking since April and I am always in awe of where we live! My six year old daughter is an absolute trooper and always up for a good hike and just loves being in the outdoors.

I lived and played in Colorado for 11 years before I moved here and I feel it does not hold a candle to what we have going on in the great Pacific Northwest. It's an amazing place to live!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    breal74 wrote: »
    I lived and played in Colorado for 11 years before I moved here and I feel it does not hold a candle to what we have going on in the great Pacific Northwest. It's an amazing place to live!

What? There... You... Blasphemy!

resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.fineartamerica.com%2Fimages-medium-large-5%2Fpikes-peak-in-winter-john-hoffman.jpg

v8DVO8o.jpg

5cb90d8e83ff0e120f6fcd8629a85468.jpg

afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • breal74
    [/quote]What? There... You... Blasphemy[/quote]

I traveled to every corner of Colorado when I lived there so I know that there are some incredibly beautiful places in the state. For me, it is just the diversity of beauty out here. The ocean, glacier capped mountains, countless waterfalls, rivers with seasonal salmon runs the Palouse out east..... I could go on.

Oh wait, Denver has the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Yep, Colorado is better.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,787
    qdluh09qf45l.jpg
    q59qsivcwmwh.jpg
    Priorities, Gentlemen! It is what seperates us from the savage beasts!
    One should not meter a man by his choice of sustinance. But guage him by his choice of imbibement.
    A 74 cent tin of beans and franks paired with a 26 dollar flagon of ale!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,234
    don't fluff the covers
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    Indeed! But Terri has done a spectucular job tidying up the hovel. Ne'er laid eyes upon her, but a pleasant note is on the nightstand upon my arrival at night. Querrying me about her performance.
    Not one complaint about flatulence residue. Top marks!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    lightman1 wrote: »
    qdluh09qf45l.jpg
    q59qsivcwmwh.jpg
    One should not meter a man by his choice of sustinance. But guage him by his choice of imbibement.

The FBI, CIA, NSA, FDA, and DoD have all taken note of this post. Good luck getting a flight anytime soon.
    Amateur....posting your bomb making parts on the interweb.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • breal74
    edited August 2016
    My wife and I went to Music Fest Northwest's Project Pabst last night and it was amazing. We stood next to the sound booth for Tame Impala and is sounded incredible. Parquet Courts were also incredible. Good times were had by all!
    r655kqyzzqv7.jpegb6r18rjbiga4.jpeg

ccdujj7q26zy.jpeg
    Post edited by breal74 on
  • lightman1
    mrbiron wrote: »
    qdluh09qf45l.jpg
    q59qsivcwmwh.jpg

The FBI, CIA, NSA, FDA, and DoD have all taken note of this post. Good luck getting a flight anytime soon.
    Amateur....posting your bomb making parts on the interweb.

Dammit, Fred! You ratfink bastage! You being the one I could count on. And to sell me down the river.....
    Well then , Judas...tell Ryan that I can't be in Iowa this coming weekend! Tu rd slurperz!
  • Nightfall
    T7Jpo9j.jpg

• lightman1
    Super J knows how to party. :p
  • txcoastal1
    The real throwback

utlcdaju4wdr.jpg
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Nightfall
    Super J knows how to party. :p

Once upon a time... not anymore. Well, I could, but no.

• Nightfall
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    The real throwback

utlcdaju4wdr.jpg

What is that?

• txcoastal1
    Nightfall wrote: »
    The real throwback

What is that?

Two sides of an early Mountain Dew bottle using the "Hillbilly" design.

Tennessee bottlers Moses and Ally Hartman developed Mountain Dew in the 1940s as a mixer.[10] Soft drinks were regional in the 1930s, and the Hartmans had difficulty in Knoxville obtaining their preferred soda to mix with liquor, preferably whiskey, so the two men developed their own.[11] The name was trademarked in 1948.[10]

• Nightfall
    The real throwback

What is that?

Tennessee bottlers Moses and Ally Hartman developed Mountain Dew in the 1940s as a mixer.[10] Soft drinks were regional in the 1930s, and the Hartmans had difficulty in Knoxville obtaining their preferred soda to mix with liquor, preferably whiskey, so the two men developed their own.[11] The name was trademarked in 1948.[10]

I kind of want to bid on it...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MOUNTAIN-DEW-HILLBILLY-10-OZ-SODA-BOTTLE-/282148320524?hash=item41b159b50c:g:QZYAAOSwawpXvc13

• txcoastal1
    The real throwback

What is that?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MOUNTAIN-DEW-HILLBILLY-10-OZ-SODA-BOTTLE-/282148320524?hash=item41b159b50c:g:QZYAAOSwawpXvc13

Just keep on eye on it and other postings, try not to pay over $5

• txcoastal1
    The real throwback

What is that?

Just keep on eye on it and other postings, try not to pay over $5
    i.e. wait till the last minute

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Rainy season in full swing. The moat is full.

w4703u9o46mj.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,608
    This juvenile northern goshawk is very happy that we put a hawk feeder in our backyard ;) When the platform feeder's full of morning doves, it's a hawk feeder all right!

28544280293_fa69156c6b_b.jpgDSC_5457a by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Rainy season in full swing. The moat is full.

w4703u9o46mj.jpg

Need some gators (or sharks with frickin' lasers) in that moat there Mike!
  • BlueMDPicker
    We get a gator about every other year during mating season, Al. The smaller males get driven out of other waterways and find their way here. Once they get to 4 feet, my nervous Nelly neighbors rat them out to the state, a trapper snags them and off they go (they're killed, not relocated as some think). Now, the sharks with lasers sounds interesting. Hmmm.....
  • BlueMDPicker
    Just shy of 3" of rain overnight has made a good start at a front moat. :o
    We're in the 6" to 10" zone of potential rainfall in the next 72 hours from Tropical Depression 9 (soon to be a named storm I'm sure). Should prove interesting.

34fqr24mdux4.jpg
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,947
    Least you don't have to water the lawn, look how green it is. Looks like a future movie set for Sharknato XXV.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,608
    We had a decent amount of rain last week, and things are respectably green here. much of neighboring Massachusetts, though, is in severe drought conditions

One upside to the changing climate here -- the hot, dry summer is poised to result in the best 'mater crop we've had since our days in Baltimore.

('maters are in the other garden plot... but this illustrates the generally good garden karma this year)

28545510924_83b7c55d05_b.jpgDSC_5430 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited September 2016
    tonyb wrote: »
    Least you don't have to water the lawn, look how green it is.

Don't have to top off the swimming pool either, Tony. The pool's overflow port is approximately 6" below the patio surface. Last night, as the storm drifted towards the north, we were receiving rainfall at 2"+/hour. The pool level rose to within 1/2" of overflowing. I'm glad we dodged the original prediction here!
  • sandworms
    sandworms Posts: 1,043
    cs1g6k8n031s.jpg
    Samsung pn64f8500
    Sonus faber venere 2.5
    Sf venere center
    Oppo 105d
    Squeezebox touch
    Parasound hca1500a
    Apc power filter
    Audioquest cables asst
    Polk rtia3 SB