The EV Hate Thread

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,630
    edited August 23
    Although Kex's post included his typical lavish lifestyle comments, he is not entirely off point. EV's are ideal for some people, but not for the majority. There really isn't any vehicle that will check the ideal box for everyone, including Navigators, or Tahoes.
    At some point, I would like an EV or a plug-in hybrid for running to the grocery store or other short trips. I won't give up my gasser though.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,803
    I don't want an EV at all.

I don't even want a plug-in hybrid.

I want a vehicle with an electric motor that gets it's power from a hydrogen fuel cell reactor.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,620
    I won't purchase an EV because I feel that ot would be flaunting my wealth and would be rather gauche to do so.
    I have a hard enough time keeping my charm to a minimum as it gets tiresome having women offer their credentials shamelessly to me when I'm out and about.
    I'm sure you plebians have never had that experience but believe me, it gets old real quick !
    I mean, are they infatuated with my charm, my good looks, my physique (once posed for Flex magazine), or my finances ? 🤔
    It's quite the conundrum but one I'm forced to live with dailey.
    Sometimes I question God:s wisdom when He has given me so much because it must mean that He had to shortchange so many of you lesser peoples ! 😢
    Sal Palooza
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,803
    You speeled "daily" rong, there, twinkle toes.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,354
    I wouldn't think an EV would do so well in cold Michigan winters.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,586
    wealth. an amusing topic.
  • billbillw
    Dude, you're gaslighting yourself. Quit already.
  • mrbigbluelight
    I don't like to fly in economy either because,
    well, ....you know
    (icky people).
    That's why I contacted one of my Hollywood friends (John T) who was willing to sell to me his 737 , but after I inspected it, well, the interior was just simply too plain for my tastes
    My business friend heard of my search and said he'd let me use his personal G700 whenever I needed to use it, so I'm considering that option.
    🤔
    Sal Palooza
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,109
    I had a 74 Dodge Dart with a super slant 6 once upon a time. It was a 4 door with Pontiac seats, 15'' wheels and a vinyl roof. No ac and the heater would only work in the summer but it would do 0 to 60 in under 10 minutes on a good day. I could get to my destination in style to as long as I carried a spare ballast resistor.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,337
    Rivian factory new EV parking lot fire yesterday.
    hy279sjipw60.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,884
    Dude! That is SO green!!!!

I love it!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,273
    edited August 25
    F1nut wrote: »
    hy279sjipw60.jpg

Come to find out they've had a lot of fires out there they're just suppressing all of that, obviously this one's a little harder to suppress. I was trying to find it last night my brother sent me a Facebook link to it but as usual I cannot see it. When I put my Rivian fire in duck duck go it came up with a good numbers of fires that have happened out there. Well our local news has not had any of them on their broadcasts.
    This Rivian factorys in my backyard as the Crow flies. It was the old Mitsubishi/diamond star/ Chrysler plant.
  • mrbigbluelight
    That smoke looks particularly nasty. 🤢
    Sal Palooza
  • treitz3
    But dude....it's green!!!!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,230
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    hy279sjipw60.jpg

Come to find out they've had a lot of fires out there they're just suppressing all of that, obviously this one's a little harder to suppress. I was trying to find it last night my brother sent me a Facebook link to it but as usual I cannot see it. When I put my Rivian fire in duck duck go it came up with a good numbers of fires that have happened out there. Well our local news has not had any of them on their broadcasts.
    This Rivian factorys in my backyard as the Crow flies. It was the old Mitsubishi/diamond star/ Chrysler plant.

Suppress suppress suppress….and not fire suppression

Growing tired of searching for things I’ve seen on the internet but now either very hard to find or have been deleted

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,110
    I put the story into the search box in Apple News and got multiple different sources, including mentions of a previous fires.
    Alea jacta est!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,273
    Bless your little heart.....
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 5,000
    edited August 26
    I still like my ICE 4 banger daily driver. 133K miles. Major: Have only changed brake pads, front struts, and spark plugs at 100K. Only paid $22K in 2011. Always starts in the coldest winters and never has left me stranded due to the accurate fuel gauge lol.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited August 26
    Ooops
    Sal Palooza
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,822
    Glad I'm upwind!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,337
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,242
    I was just watching a show about my other hobby, RV camping, "RV there yet?". They visited Alabama and Talladega Superspeedway. It gave me an idea for a comedy skit, "the first EV in NASCAR". The driver rolls into the pit to "refuel". He goes into the facility and has a meal, takes a shower, watches a movie, gets paged that his car is "refueled", so he heads back out and everyone else is gone and the speedway is totally empty. Ha!
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,982
    ^^^
    That is not comedy but reality. Which is funny
  • billbillw
    edited September 24
    seeclear wrote: »
    I was just watching a show about my other hobby, RV camping, "RV there yet?". They visited Alabama and Talladega Superspeedway. It gave me an idea for a comedy skit, "the first EV in NASCAR". The driver rolls into the pit to "refuel". He goes into the facility and has a meal, takes a shower, watches a movie, gets paged that his car is "refueled", so he heads back out and everyone else is gone and the speedway is totally empty. Ha!

They could actually charge pretty quickly in a race environment. This is not some far flung dream. There has been electric vehicle racing for more than 10 years in Europe. Its called Formula E and its actually has an FIA World Championship designation, so its pretty serious. Other than the sounds, it is pretty good racing. Not a fan of electric motor whine compared to a real F1 car. The latest itteration allows charging at a rate of 600kW, which allows ~30 second pitstops in that sport. These cars can also regen brake at up to 600kW, so they can recover a lot of what the use during acceleration. Obviously, F1 style racing is different than NASCAR (which would not have much regen braking).
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,822
    seeclear wrote: »

cayogrwicy7k.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3
    Disgrace....

Tom