You’re doing it wrong…

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,672
    black paint would explain the price.
    In the (earlier) days of CRTs, the grey material visible on most of the tube was a graphite-laden paint called Aquadag. I googled to check the spelling and I guess it is still a thing.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquadag
    More of a silvery-grey than black, though.
    :|

I learned about this stuff, and lots of other CRT ephemera, from my father. Indeed, he, named Raymond, chose as his CB handle Cathode Ray. What a cut-up he was. :|
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    "Aquadag"

That's what a Pikey calls his Golden Retriever.
    🤗

....and our poster exits the room in fine fashion, pleased with himself for having made another fine post.....
    🤗👍😇
    Sal Palooza
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,255
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    2yu7rzqgyx2t.png

my brain just divided by zero. :#
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,700
    2yu7rzqgyx2t.png
    There is a whole Reddit subpage for that poorly worded question.

For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • mrbigbluelight
    billbillw wrote: »
    2yu7rzqgyx2t.png
    There is a whole Reddit subpage for that poorly worded question.

Yes, that:s just what the Germans want you to believe 🤔

Sal Palooza
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,138
    There appears to be another 10% of undecided?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mrbigbluelight
    jdjohn wrote: »

Oh, it's not that they were undecided, it's because they displayed non-çompliant attitudes that did not conform to the approved narrative 🤔
    Sal Palooza
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,045

10% got the correct answer which is 2. 90% failed algebra.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • mhardy6647

10% got the correct answer which is 2. 90% failed algebra.

uffda!
    I didn't fail algebra, but I got a needs improvement in reading comprehension!
    ;):#:blush:
  • billbillw
    edited October 16
    It is not a simple algebra problem as some suggest. That only works if you ASSUME that Cost=Price. If not, then you have P = price and C = cost, then C = $1 + P/2. Not so simple.

• mrbigbluelight
    It is not a simple algebra problem as some suggest. That only works if you ASSUME that Cost=Price. If not, then you have P = price and C = cost, then C = $1 + P/2. Not so simple.

Billbill, we're not using Canadian math here, please stick with the pure mathematicals.
    Sal Palooza
  • billbillw

Billbill, we're not using Canadian math here, please stick with the pure mathematicals.
    Be careful there...we have some fine Canadian forum members here who might argue that the American math is to blame, what with all the Common Core hubbub from some years past.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,256
    ^^^^ Is he about to jump? :#
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mrbigbluelight
    I bet his name is Floyd. 🤔
    Sal Palooza
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,865
    Maybe just admiring his work?

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,560
    From out in the field today

cjdhx1b57d2s.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mhardy6647
    m9iqyk2jdz7s.png

Gonna be the splash graphic in the next Harbor Freight sales flyer/email!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    VR3 wrote: »

cjdhx1b57d2s.jpg

Oreo piping... It's a new trend, look it up.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,121

cjdhx1b57d2s.jpg

In some municipalities double trap systems are code to keep the sewer monsters where they belong.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,337
    IF your plumbing is vented correctly then a double trap is not needed. Some older houses were not vented at all.
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 767
    Maybe it was Sunday at 7pm and that was the only fittings on hand to make it work... I'm curious how they managed to seal the two upper halves of the white S trap together, and the one that is upside down will certainly leak where it joins the black trap. It's certainly not racist plumbing, at least.
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,560
    you can rest assured that it did in fact leak in multiple places :-p
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,255
    The “S” trap is prohibited under the Uniform Plumbing Code throughout the United States. This is because the “S” trap will siphon or suck water out from the trap which will end up releasing methane (sewer) gases into the home.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    Willow wrote: »

cjdhx1b57d2s.jpg

Oreo piping... It's a new trend, look it up.
    16pokvyfote8.png

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,121
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    The “S” trap is prohibited under the Uniform Plumbing Code throughout the United States. This is because the “S” trap will siphon or suck water out from the trap which will end up releasing methane (sewer) gases into the home.

Until the code was revised a few years later due to the resurgence of the sewer monsters. FWIW I preferred the outdated double trap to the filter system which sometimes doesn't stop the more agile ones.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,062
    m9iqyk2jdz7s.png

Wonder which knot was used in the straps?
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,967
    e84uw1uxac4v.jpeg

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~