txcoastal1 Posts: 13,230
    F1nut wrote: »
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    vfqmn8849mkg.jpg

That might work for a few inches.

That’s what she said…

But what is up with the solar panel?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,185
    edited August 26
    x0n4k0ptk5f0.jpg
    I thought I was missing something, but then I realized I was in the “Doing it Wrong” thread.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,428
    vfqmn8849mkg.jpg

I’d guess that’s a hitch for an EV - probably the correct load rating…;-)
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,619
    F1nut wrote: »
    vfqmn8849mkg.jpg

That might work for a few inches.

I've heard that before. 😢
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,586
    vfqmn8849mkg.jpg

Three little piggies put trailer hitches on their trucks.
    The first made his of straw.
    The second made his of wood...
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,822
    bal3lrp1xpvo.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,272
    That is genius !! prove me wrong.... :#
  • mrbigbluelight
    I hope that Bob used a Buffalo brand and not a SnapOn 💲💲🫰
    Sal Palooza
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,109
    I dunno which is worse; the wooden one or this mess
    1myzpend9wxc.png
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,884
    Wow.....just wow.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,185
    I dunno which is worse; the wooden one or this mess
    1myzpend9wxc.png

I feel like the wooden one was done just for the photo, but this one looks real.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,358
    Looking at the tailgate, they did a few practice runs.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,630
    i0bn8ndgwx5x.jpg
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • daddyjt
    12rhyk0nbvv2.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    y4r9avyu40s2.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    jfvzfh0t8um7.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    iacodihay8ld.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• treitz3
    The screw’s red control light comes on every now and then - does he have to worry?

p8lcefgn9tif.jpeg

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • daddyjt
    ^^^ Damn - that’s A LOT of current….

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• But on a positive note the heat may help those nearby crimp connections to melt somewhat so that, you know, thst would kinnd kind of act like heat shrink. 🤔👍

The two twisted pair of 18-gauge (?) wires are spiffy but you could probably slip in a pair of 12- or even 10-gauge wires in there 🤔
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,586
    edited September 15
    treitz3 wrote: »
    The screw’s red control light comes on every now and then - does he have to worry?

p8lcefgn9tif.jpeg

Tom
    That wiring block could be immersed in water to help keep the nut cool.
    Adding a little salt would raise the boiling point of the water (boiling point elevation), which would be helpful since it wouldn't need to be "topped off" as often.
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited September 22
    Not..a..çhance..in..Hades
    🤬

lc94hipuj4ft.png
    .Plans START at $79.99/month.
    If you wish you can upgrade to the "Champagne Room" package for an additional 200 roses per occurrence.
    Sal Palooza
  • billbillw
    Not..a..çhance..in..Hades
    🤬

Plans START at $79.99/month.
    If you wish you can upgrade to the "Champagne Room" package for an additional 200 roses per occurrence.

Believe it or not, that is quite a bit less than the average Comcast/Charter cable bill these days (after initial promos drop off). But, I'm with you in general. I use an antenna to get locals, and T-mobile gives me free Netflix, AppleTV, and Hulu which is more than I can watch. I also did a yearly deal for Peacock for something like $20 last Black Friday.
  • We Spectrum $49.99 a month. 🤔.

YouTube offers the same $79.98 per month "Deal" too .

Nope, Part II
    Sal Palooza
  • It's not that this guy is wrong it's just that he has the break point set too low on that torque wrench 🤔

qfwj3a1hvstv.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • This'll buff out

oe52td8ehmpy.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • billbillw
    edited September 23
    We Spectrum $49.99 a month. 🤔.

YouTube offers the same $79.98 per month "Deal" too .

Nope, Part II

Is that for cable or their new streaming service? I show $70 as the cheapest traditional cable tier for Spectrum. That's before all the fees too.
    Limited time promo deals shouldn't be used for comparison.
    For me, the least expensive service that includes ESPN and most of the major cable networks is Sling TV Orange service at $40 a month.
  • treitz3
    I have been slingin' it.... :)

Tom
  • ^^^ Me too.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA