You’re doing it wrong…

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,883
    akvmefu7l77e.png

Damn.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,334
    Yuck
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,428
    y7roatn6rtz0.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,586
    ^^^ I would totally do that. Or put a stub of pipe on that tee, get one of those caps, you know, and drill a hole in it, then glue in a piece of the small-diameter pipe with some PVC cement. The solution above is more elegant though.
  • daddyjt
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    ^^^ I would totally do that. Or put a stub of pipe on that tee, get one of those caps, you know, and drill a hole in it, then glue in a piece of the small-diameter pipe with some PVC cement. The solution above is more elegant though.

I have certainly utilized some creative PVC fitting combinations over the years… In a pinch you use what you have;-)
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,557
    Clipdat wrote: »
    acuv10ejplnu.png

That setup rocks! Those are some museum quality pieces!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,931
    Then put them in a museum, instead of on the top of a pair of speakers.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,272
    Yea you need clay pots with plants on top to give them a glow ..after watering
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,599
    That guy better have an inner tube inside that tire.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,056
    x4bqat5zdabr.jpg

z7uylpzz0ge9.jpg

j9qatrfi1jo8.jpg

socknoha72h6.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • treitz3
    sucks2beme wrote: »

For what? The next mile and a half? If that...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,599
    treitz3 wrote: »
    sucks2beme wrote: »

For what? The next mile and a half? If that...

Tom

For the cheap amusement of watching the guys at discount tire try to remove the tire
    from the rim. They don't know how to deal with an inter tube. I saw this once. Those guys
    are so used to no braining their work, their heads exploded. That tire didn't look much
    better than the one pictured.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    That's like that meme someone posted recently about the guy who went to an auto parts store asking for some specific bulk fuel line, and the counter rep's brain suffered an unexpected reboot, requiring year, make and model to be able to function.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,822
    0ocuzlr0pmmh.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,557
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    0ocuzlr0pmmh.jpeg

That happened to me today. I went into NAPA and asked for a gallon jug of Mobil 1 5w40 turbo diesel truck oil.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    There is a better way to check for air leaks.....I guess this cat didn't get the memo...

25slq128jlmc.jpg

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,230
    Well Tom, like mentioned before…It’s effing hot…a dip in the pool to cool off
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,619
    Ssshhhh, it's taking a nap
    🥱💤💤😴💤💤😴💤
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,586
    Well, I am glad today's a slow news day.
    That's about all I have to say. :#
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,140
    ^ Not anymore….
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,289
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    ^ Not anymore….

Whoosh, right over the head

😀
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,334
    Still buzzing the tower...
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,140
    Can this year get any weirder?
    That should be a thread…..
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,931
    Blissfully unaware.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,619
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    Can this year get any weirder?..

To quote BTO,

"YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET"

All caps, in Bold for emphasis.

I could throw in a Ray Bradbury quote, maybe something from Shakespeare, too 🤔

But ...nope. 👀
    Sal Palooza
  • daddyjt
    Careful guys - we don’t want to wake the trolls and have another thread deleted….:-(

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• txcoastal1
    Time for a “salad”….??
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• txcoastal1
    I want to thank you for the opportunity….since you have given me the opportunity….I will cherish this opportunity…..with this opportunity I will provide opportunity