Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    VR3 wrote: »
    No one wants to see my feet! I assure you! 😁

The Agony of De'Feet

https://youtu.be/CsvvhqpKRQ0
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    I can't say I experience any longer than normal connection times with the filter in place or things running slower
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    So the muon system with a switch is honestly beyond impressive. I'm finding my work ethic is dwindling with it installed.

After it has burned in the differences are more and more dramatic versus just a ethernet cable between the router and lumin.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited January 2023
    Do you have to use their special cable? That's another 995 pounds. Does it come with a cable and then you could upgrade to their cable later? I haven't been able to find that info specifically.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • VR3
    You can use any ethernet cable with the filter
  • VR3
    I highly recommend introducing a decent switch with a linear power supply as that made a surprising difference as well
  • heiney9
    You can use any ethernet cable with the filter

There is an "output" cable supplied as the one in the pic on their website? Is that correct?

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • VR3
    Yes there is a small cable that connects to the streamer that is built in
  • heiney9
    I found the part of the website that explains it better. You can buy the filter or the filter system. The system includes a choice of upgraded cables.

H9
  • VR3
    Imo, based on using just the cable by itself I would go for the whole system.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited January 2023
    So, I stopped by Trey's house today and was not surprised with what I heard. I experienced things that his rig had not ever done before. He is really happy with the end result and now he is discovering the things that I have been experiencing......with a smile as big as I have ever seen him wearing.

Him and I went different routes (completely different routes) in order to achieve what we both have (in cleaning up the signal) but we both achieved the same goals and are experiencing things presented in a way we both have not been privy too in the past.

Trey played one song that him and I have listened too for many years and he was surprised that he had never heard it that way, before last night. When I listened in the sweet spot, I wasn't surprised at what I heard. It was a completely different presentation. The speakers completely disappeared and what a joy it was to listen too!

All of the wonderful experiences that I have been experiencing on my rig were mimicked by his system!
    So the muon system with a switch is honestly beyond impressive. I'm finding my work ethic is dwindling with it installed.

I know exactly what you mean. I listened so far into the night last week that I actually showed up for work the next day, got my crew ready and out the door, then took the rest of the day off, so I could recover from staying up so late the night before and get my listening right back on. I also took two weeks off after Christmas to do the same thing. I gotta stop doing this!

Here is the listening session for today -

kttrikvwzj22.png

The rest of the time, we just talked shop about what we have done respectively to both of our rigs as of late and about differences we are both now experiencing. One of those songs threw down the sound to just above the floor and other spatial locationality cues/sounds were well above the top of his speakers. The depth was outstanding and really brought you closer to the musicians.

I even told him at one point that I felt like I needed to walk around the back of the speakers and shake the hand of the very palpable piano player that was easily 10 to 12 feet back behind the speakers, slightly to the right of center. All in all, it was a short but great listening session.

Oh, one other thing. He played the system at volume levels above what he normally does (which is deafeningly loud at times). I never asked him to turn it down, there was no fatigue whatsoever. "Effortless" is probably the best way to describe it. Wonderfully effortless.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    edited January 2023
    The mushroom song was average 110db, fwiw

Was a good time, long time since we all have gotten together.

The audio journey the past 5 years has been more fun than all the other years in this hobby bar none!
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    I highly recommend introducing a decent switch with a linear power supply as that made a surprising difference as well
    Rich, at Network Acoustics, recommends this as well, and to have the switch close to the filter...near the end of the ethernet cable run.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3
    edited January 2023
    So I am going to try going

Modem, audiolund ethernet, s8000 switch, muon cable and filter... Then run a ethernet cable to the router separate.

This would in effect eliminate an entire cable and the router from the chain...

It would reintroduce all of the traffic into that particular switch
  • rebelsoul
    rebelsoul Posts: 747
    Just got thisrz08zogqa1rd.jpg
    For USB to i2 square or what ever you call it .
  • VR3
    Wuz it do
  • rebelsoul
    Wuz it do

USB to i square 1 and re clocks , bridge
    It has a bunch of connections, recommended by the guy I got the tenton gs speakers from.
  • rebelsoul
    Vr3 I just picked up bat vr 120 pair monoblocks done by bat . Running USB from computer through that to the ps audio with the i square 1 input. Amazing.
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,270
    You mean I squared s
  • rebelsoul
    invalid wrote: »
    You mean I squared s

Yeah that's it
  • rebelsoul
    It's supposed to be better then the bridge 2. It's hard to tell , because I just hooked up the bat 120 monoblocks and everything sounds so good with the tenton gs speakers . It's going to be a all nighter. Gave my wife $$$ and she's with her girlfriend at the slot machine parlor. I have to keep picking my jaw from the floor. I'd leave it there but I need a shot.
  • VR3
    That's awesome man, those are some serious amplifiers!
  • rebelsoul

Didn't you have a pair ,I know someone on here had some bat amps for sale few years back
  • VR3
    Nah, I have a apir of ank Monoblock tube amps currently but nothing as serious as yours there!
  • heiney9
    edited January 2023
    rebelsoul wrote: »

Didn't you have a pair ,I know someone on here had some bat amps for sale few years back

My brother had Ted's (Reeltrouble) VK 60's, if I remember the model correctly. They were some serious amps. He enjoyed them a lot, but they were older and he had some issues with them later on. The guys a BAT did most of the repairs. It was a pretty slow operation. Kind of like Klaus at Odyssey.

He sold them awhile ago and has a big Krell stereo amp. He also had a BAT pre-amp. Not sure if he is still using that.

Enjoy those amps

H9
  • rebelsoul
    Nah, I have a apir of ank Monoblock tube amps currently but nothing as serious as yours there!

With how good you are with crossovers and modding why do I think your sounds better lol
    If you ever come to Chicago area and have a little time I would pay you what you want to solder and update my Reimer tenton gs even better and I would pay you good . We could jam and I would put up show you around . I got a couple of heavy audiophiles -like to see you go all out on my guy $80000 speakers with your crossover mods. Sorry lost my thought these Reimers hit so low and I have the lights out tubes glowing and total tube bliss.
  • VR3
    for the main setup I run the KW750 which is solid state.

My bank account cant support large tube amps :p
  • heiney9
    Is this where I should start first? Looking for insight and opinions. Or forget the beefy switcher and go straight to the filter?

https://www.beatechnik.com/product-page/lhy-sw-8

H9
  • VR3
    That switch is a rip off, just a netgear switch with a linear power supply in a fancy chassis.

I am running the netgear s8000 l, picked up for 80 on ebay.

I am running it on a 100 dollar Linear power supply.

I will probably run that until network acoustics releases their switch, which should come with a high end click and linear power supply

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited January 2023
    If you can wait a couple of months, UpTone will be releasing the EtherREGEN v2. Of course, you can always buy one second hand of the older version (That's the one I have). It has been confirmed that the connections of v1 and v2 will be the same FWIW.

As for the filter, you can do passive via a Shunyata cables with the CMode (Only available on the Alpha and Sigma lines). The Omega comes with a dual hybrid TAP/CMode Hybrid Module. These eliminate the use for a separate filter.

There are many different routes to go, as well as many different configurations. Which route you go is (obviously) up to you but you did the right thing. You asked. I will agree, that switch isn't what you are looking for. Lipstick on a pig at a high price kinda thing.

Trey and I were also talking about this one https://melco-audio.com/s100-1/

The additional accessories that you may or may not need to enhance/connect each component is also part of the final cost equation. Buying used will save you $$$, as other folks on this journey upgrade to other items.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~