50 year anniversary r200 signed by matt polk

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    And calling them Poke Audio speakers
    I disabled signatures.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Crutchfield has them on pre order status now. They also have the L200s on sale for $100 less though. I haven’t checked other vendors apart from getting them direct from Polk.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    I would take the R200ae over the l200
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • msg
    how about L200s with xover upgrades?
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    Imo, the R200ae crossover is a better platform to do a rebuild as the board is big enough to utilize nice parts and the air core inductors are solid.

The l200 crossover you need to start from scratch
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • msg
    edited November 2022
    Sigh. sob, Trey. lol

Did we ever figure out whether the R and L series do in fact use the same drivers? I can't remember where that forum question left off.
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    edited November 2022
    yes, drivers are identical

differences are cheaper crossovers, vinyl finish, different bracing and porting system between the two (standard edition)
  • msg
    Nice, thanks, sir.
    I disabled signatures.
  • @VR3 so…………… any first listening impressions for us forced to wait?? 😅
  • VR3
    Have not even plugged them in yet hahaha

Been busy, sorry guys!
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,506
    What Wilsons do you own Trey?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,494
    VR3 wrote: »
    hkzor5fnfvlh.jpg
    45hdexpka8oi.jpg
    aar6a0e5dvd6.jpg
    5lx7xh2zdw7s.jpg
    bu3jkgfcux8c.jpg
    51cxrj4i4sol.jpg

WOW! They came with three fingers! :o
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • VR3
    Joey_V wrote: »
    What Wilsons do you own Trey?

Duette series 1
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Have not even plugged them in yet hahaha

Been busy, sorry guys!

Yet, you gave me sheet about mine? Slacker!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Guilty!

You ever set the subs up in the new location?

My daughter loves the box, she climbs on it and jumps off of it, so box is child approved
  • treitz3
    You ever set the subs up in the new location?

Yup.....well, nope. Well, kinda. They are MUCH easier to adjust in the new position but literally all of the parameters have been altered in the new spot, so simple adjustments are out. I am back to square one. I'd say I am about half way there at this point but they won't be blended "properly" or seemlessly for an estimated month or more from now.

I am surprised that even in this new location, the subs don't have any boom or overloading of the room. I was a little worried about that but not at all anymore.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Listening impressions yet, anything? Bueller, Bueller...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • VR3
    So I plan to have the Wilson's repainted in the future, maybe next few months... At that time I would plug them in and use them for a while...
  • treitz3
    You are such a slacker, Trey. My word...

I never want to hear you pressure me again about a review! :*

Tom
  • VR3
    The best solution is to order a pair of these fine speakers! You won't be disappointed!
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Can the tweeter's faceplate be removed?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • VR3
    Yes, it is held on with magnets and double sided tape
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Those would get some XS upgrades. :)
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Some back to back songs on the R200 and R200AE.

Seams to be well recorded. I found it interesting with some good headphones.

Anyway take from it what you will.

Im forced to go to these lengths since mine havent arrived and VR3 is dragging his feet. ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh6M5lc0IQ&t=2036s

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    My first pair of speakers were the Polk Rt35i...

So the r200 special edition speaks to me haha

Mine were the RT55I (I wish I had kept) and the RT35I as well, I honestly don't remember the center I had at that time, it all came from Circuit City..

Man those were the days! I bought so much stuff from CC.
    The world to me was a better place back then. Way more audio video stores to go to and check new stuff out.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    I really took advantage of Circuit City's speaker trade up policy. It was good for a year from what I remember. Much easier now big stuff gets delivered to my doorstep though.

:)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    SIHAB wrote: »
    hkzor5fnfvlh.jpg
    45hdexpka8oi.jpg
    aar6a0e5dvd6.jpg
    5lx7xh2zdw7s.jpg
    bu3jkgfcux8c.jpg
    51cxrj4i4sol.jpg

WOW! They came with three fingers! :o
    Now that's what I'm talking about. That's a nice looking finish. I wish Polk would release the entire line in that finish and maybe offer Maple and a Satin Clear wood black color. That would be badass. They look sweet

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.