Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    You made your bed.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,189
    edited January 10
    Options
    JMO here but I think the ears are more sensitive to distortions in the time domain vs harmonic distortions, when it comes to bass frequencies. For that Julian could have done impulse response and a Cumulative Spectral Decay (CSD) plot.

I thought it was interesting in that review though that he said the low harmonic distortion he measured in the ultra low bass frequencies (only 3.2% at 20Hz) were said by Polk to be due to some improvements that they made in the Passive Radiator design.

Rob can attest to the fact that the suspensions of certain MWs can become very sloppy with usage over time too. It would be interesting to measure the compliances of these drivers in the 1C and compare to their design target when they came off the line. The PRs no doubt get more compliant with usage as well and we don't know what the values were supposed to be when new.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    Someone found J. Hirsch's original test subjects.... Maybe they can repro his measurements....

pdiquqdyonkl.png
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • plastic_avatar
    Options
    Are there any openings to tv shows, with a really good theme song, where there's a shot of someone eating a hotdog? I think I remember one, but can't put my finger on it...

Oh! Side note:

Since bumping the bass 1 click past bypass on the pre largely fixed my air pressure gripe with the 1C's new placement, I tried 2 of my EQs to see how they sounded with the current setup. Oof. Did not like. Killed the feeling of air vibrating around instruments. Off to ebay with them! But I'm keeping the Teac with the colored lights for the old Realistic system in the living room ;)
    The Thrifty Setups in Mah House Big thrifty stereo in the basement w/ my custom SDA-1C (built with help from kind forum members) * Beautiful 1966 MCM GE console upgraded w/ Bluetooth, Dual turntable, and Paradigm speakers in family room * Swanky 1980 Realistic system and great TEAC eq with dancing colored lights in the living room * Ye Olde college stereo in the garage
  • Astrl55
    Astrl55 Posts: 55
    Options
    Your obsession with hot dogs is disturbing.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    Gronk can fit 9 hot dogs in his mouth. That's the equivalent of 27 Tom Brady cocktail wieners.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,925
    Options
    .... . / . -. .--- --- -.-- ... / -... ..- -.- -.- .- -.- .
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    OH MY GOD.... I'm dying here :D:D:D
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    When I joined in 2003... The collective here would roast newbies into submission. The group is waaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more welcoming than ever before.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    When I joined in 2003... The collective here would roast newbies into submission. The group is waaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more welcoming than ever before.

I guess we only roast weenies now...
    B)

https://youtu.be/QOLTwt-bqoU?si=dC5Xq901FGvVWwCd
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,189
    Options
    Yeah I guess if being a member since 2009 makes him a ........newbie?
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform