What did you do to your stereo rig today?
Options
Comments
-
Yeah, I heard that too.
-
I don't leave tube gear on so I may never hear its potential- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
-
You don't leave any gear on or just tube gear?
-
I don't leave any gear on in the main rig other than the lumin.
This is for multiple reasons but ultimately I don't run a preamp and in order to turn the tube dac off, I have to turn off the amplifier to prevent a pop so I leave the amp and dac off except when listening- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit. -
This content has been removed.
-
This content has been removed.
-
Fwiw, lampizator manual says if the dac is burned in.. After 20 minutes it is ready to rumbld- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
-
I thought we went to digital to get away from rumble...

-
Llllleeeet’s get ready to…… oh
-
Not familiar with Level 5, but the current models are easy on tubes. Mine is on 24/7 along with the LUMIN U1 Mini
FWIW, Level 5 can be upgraded to Baltic. I’m assuming it’s Not Delta Sig
That separate PS musta been a one-off. I didn’t know Lukasz offered that option
AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12 -
I sent them an email, no response yet.
Based on my research, the level 5 of this era was a level 4 with a separate power supply and more part upgrades. 6k msrp or so
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit. -
I just noticed that Lampi is offering a New Enigine (chip set) . . . NOT Level eLeven but 18
That’s like within 6 months they went from engine 53 >> to eLeven >>> now 18
Gotta get my learn on
Example
AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12 -
btw . . . I’m lov’n the OLEDAC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12 -
The lampizator sounds very good. It is interesting how different the ank and lampizator is, very different sound signature sbut both extremely good dacs- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
-
I sent them an email, no response yet.
Based on my research, the level 5 of this era was a level 4 with a separate power supply and more part upgrades. 6k msrp or so
You reached out to Fred/Rob North American distributor reps Or HQ?
HQ is slooow, generally fred and rob are quick-ish
AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12 -
I believe it was HQ, I can try the americas as well.- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
-
The lampizator sounds very good. It is interesting how different the ank and lampizator is, very different sound signature sbut both extremely good dacs
Didjya ever get your ears on Skips highly touted North Star Design Supremo?
Very very good DACAC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12 -
I’m sure there are others out there, but I have not seen one like it . . .
WISH I HAD VOL CONTROL (pre amp functionality)
AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12 -
Have not heard the north star gear but have heard good things.
I set the volume on the lampizator and then used the lumin u1 leedh processing volume, which is easily the best preamp you could ever have!
The lampi volume does seem competent however 😎- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit. -
How exactly do you use the Leedh vol feature?
I thought the preamp had to have a “unity gain of one” or some such thing
Any info would be greatly appreciated . . . TIA Trey
One thing that LUMIN seems to lack in their lit is this topicAC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12 -
This is a 'lazy' question, but: which of these are 'RTR ladder' DACs?"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon -
In the lumin settings you disable volume and enable leedh. I recommend adjusting the max volume so you don't blow anything up.
Been preamp free for a long time with no regrets. @Reagan has a Cary SLP05 and we bypassed it with leedh and there was a clear advantage towards leedh..
The lampi doesn't have unity but I adjusted it to match the ank volume at the same volume on leedh which seems to work fine.
From what I can tell the lampi appears to be a delta sigma and sounds like it while the ank is a R2r- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit. -
This is a 'lazy' question, but: which of these are 'RTR ladder' DACs?
“ I think” the Level 5 is R2R and my A3 is Delta SigAC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12 -
Been preamp free for a long time with no regrets. @Reagan has a Cary SLP05 and we bypassed it with leedh and there was a clear advantage towards leedh..
From what I can tell the lampi appears to be a delta sigma and sounds like it while the ank is a R2r
I’ll look into this . . . Thanks TreyAC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12 -
Hard to know, this dac looks to be more of the early days before they had their own boards and chip sets. The boards are labeled with EXD audio which is a Chinese audio company and then everything is souped up around it which appears to be standard for the early lampi stuff.at some point they started doing everything in house branded- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
-
I think initially Lukasz preferred R2R . . . then jumped the fenceAC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12 -
I'll update once I have more info. So far I have had fun with it- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
-
Out with the 'old' make-shift XLR-to-RCA cable assembly:

And in with my new DIY custom job:
DH Lab Silver Sonic XLR plugs, Supra PPSL locking RCA plugs, and Supra EFF-I analog IC cable
FYI EDIT: this is to connect my Benchmark HPA4 preamp to my Butler TBD 2250 power amp.
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon -
^^^
Very nice work @jdjohn.CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC
DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)
Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777
Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)
Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150
Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i
Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart
Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables. -
Very nice!- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.





