What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited December 2022
    rebelsoul wrote: »
    It also has a separate power supply. If the cable makes a difference and the cable plugs into the router then the router has to make a difference? Right?

Technically, everything makes a difference.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Well, I can't directly attest to that. I did get an upgraded router but I got it the same time I got the mesh network. I installed them both at the same time because before that? I'd be lucky (no lie) to get more than 2 or 3 minutes worth of music out of the Auralic because of the wi-fi issues in the house.

It was when I installed both the upgraded router and the mesh that all of a sudden, the Auralic started playing flawlessly.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • This one is on the costly side I think it's $999
  • treitz3
    Correction on my end. The mesh network IS the router. I upgraded my modem as well as the router, is what I meant to say.

It looks promising but I have to stick with mesh network due to the distances needed to travel, along with the obstacles that the signal(s) have to travel through. The Auralic also has to be hardwired.

The one thing I have learned is that there is no "one way" to get to the ultimate in network audio playback. The options and paths one can take just within just this one area of playback are as vast as entire systems that use either analog or digital (or both). There are many different ways to achieve what one wants.

But, that's half the fun! B)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • I had to run the Xfinity coaxle cable to 3 feet of my system then to the Xfinity x1 router/modem
  • treitz3
    erniejade wrote: »
    It's funny, when I ordered my umbilical cables for the Tri-vista (made a big difference) I got them in under 2 weeks. This round, I ordered them at the beginning of October and still waiting.

Well, we shall see. I went ahead and ordered the umbilicals from Brad for the MF KW750. It could be 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years. Only time will tell.

Any word from him on the second set for you?

Tom

• treitz3
    I also ordered the 2 Ethernet cables I referred too earlier. Hopefully, they will make the system sound even better. Again, only time will tell.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Well, TBT? I tried a new PC tonight I got a couple of weeks ago on the KW750.

I haven't pulled it out yet, as it has shown me the "possibilities" but all aspects of the sound are all over the place right now. I'll wait for a stint to evaluate the Ethernet cables when they come in.

It is truly amazing to me what a simple PC can do to a system....

Tom

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    Tom cables are the last step in the journey. Something I have learned very well over the last year.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • treitz3
    Well, I just got new speakers...

So, what do you suggest?

(You know I am ribbing you Todd...😀)

If you knew me like the locals? You would know that cables?......well, let's just say that I ain't lacking in that department.

Please keep in mind that the speakers I have are only (maybe) 2 and a half months old to me. My last pair, I had for close to a decade. They (the new PC's) haven't really even popped my cherry yet, so to speak, with the Woodmere's.

Tom
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    Results of the umbilicals will be interesting. Hope they arrive in record time. Let us know what you find.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Clipdat
    Looks pretty beefy. What brand/model is it?
  • treitz3
    Now, that's a nice lookin' Yaqin! I am interested in knowing how the LinLai tubes sound.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Drew, if I am not mistaken....it is a MS-90B.

Tom
  • Clipdat
  • SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
  • Yes it's pretty heavy 60 lb, solid aluminum remote control.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
  • treitz3 wrote: »
    Now, that's a nice lookin' Yaqin! I am interested in knowing how the LinLai tubes sound.

Tom

Hope they sound as good as they look.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,270
    I like it, they spaced the tubes apart far enough for the Linlai elite 6sn7
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,527
    3 or 4 hours well spent following the advice in this video this evening. May see what some toe-in does tomorrow, but my RTA 15TLs and ears are pretty happy with things just the way they are at the moment.

https://youtu.be/CyTkwkK8ON0
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3
    The Christmas present to myself just came in...now for some audio fun!

v3epytei6hv9.png

0s4m13lhn7vx.png

mjv2gzqgfpbq.png

Tom

• Clipdat
    Where'd ya order them from?
  • treitz3
    Music Direct.

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited December 2022
    Upgraded to this KT88 integrated tube amp.

mi24pt250olh.jpg
    3gcivnhn9o22.jpg
    uklxf99v2n74.jpg

Going to try these 6SN7's in place of the Russian tubes.

r266my3ux5az.png

Those 6sn7 tubes are marked with the Novosibirsk plant markings. Historically speaking it was one of the better tube producing plants in Russia. They (Novosibirsk) and the Voskhod plant were the plants that made tubes for the ICBM's and needed to be "better" than average made tubes. Understand Russia was all about quantity over quality in many plants these two were the opposit. The best Russian tubes in 6sn7 was the MELZ tube with the holed plates. When I first started my 6sn7 buying I ignored the MELZ because of the stigma, they were only about $20 a pair at that point, check out the prices now.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/394329718342?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/254926597495?

Here is some round plate sort of like the Tung-Sol. Mind you these above and below are 1950's tubes
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/254217464183?

They have skyrocketed. Highly desired by some.
  • Thanks for the info pit, yeah those MELZ are a bit pricey!
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
  • Bought some of these as well. Quad for $26.50/free shipping from Florida.

bpojtdenhxtv.png
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
  • Nothing physical today, but I did get into the Foobar2000 settings just to look around, only to realize that all my HiRez playback settings had, unknown to me for probably six months, reset to standard playback.

All fixed now, and amazed at HiRez playback again.
    Polk R200 SpeakersSchiit Saga S & AegirCr*pload of old disc players for my old CDs.