Do power cables make a difference?

Options
18910111214»

Comments

  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    edited April 2018
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    "Back" in the 80s? I was born in the 80s..

    Sup gramps?
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Nope. HAHAHA Back in the 80's, that may have been an interest, but the internet has dulled the appeal, if you catch my drift. :p

    That EXPLAINS a LOT....

    Every generation says the same thing. The Beatles? Sounds like noise to me! Elvis? Devils music, look at the way he shakes his hips! Back in my day we were in the coal mines by 14, look at these kids at their Woodstock's making premarital sex and doing drugs, we're doomed when they take over. To the dismay of your older generation you turned fine.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

    Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Options
    K_M wrote: »
    If I take someone up an an "Offer"...
    Innuendo for one who cares infinitely more about being right, about serving their agenda, their ego, than getting to truth.
    K_M wrote: »
    it will not be announced publicly but will be done in PM.
    perfect! You can protect your ego by hiding behind the internet. Perish the thought that you have accountability to someone.

    No, my dear lady, it is YOU w/a member present, that must prove to all these people you checked it out by the numbers. A member present during the trial will provide accountability of the process and if your system can resolve the difference/truth. W/out someone present you can and will say what serves your agenda. You expect these people to do what you can’t - trust another.

    Your personality type can’t handle conflict. If backed into a corner, where you hafta choose between your ego or your integrity shutting down prevents your compromising either because you hafta win.
    K_M wrote: »
    I can not force you to quit replying to me...geez.
    too bad the same applies to all Polk Forum members.

    In conclusion, it’s beyond logical why I, or anyone else, should waste any more time or olive branches on you.

    Good day.
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    No, popular music today is garbage. I suppose someone will want proof that it bites. I say just listen.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/10/hit-charade/403192/
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    No, popular music today is garbage. I suppose someone will want proof that it bites. I say just listen.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/10/hit-charade/403192/

    I fully agree. There are a lot of kids and teenagers that don't agree with us though. Just the same as how The Beatles were universally loved by your generation but your grandparents said it was noise, garbage. It's the circle of life.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

    Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Options
    K_M wrote: »
    Blind means to listen without knowledge of what is being used.

    It is a method of seeing if a difference is truly real to the listener or they are simply perceiving a difference aided by knowledge of what is being used.
    DUH! You’ve taken beating a dead horse to new heights! We covered blind testing, what, 40-50 posts ago? Add to that pointing out the incredibly obvious.

    Two other technics of your personality type to avoid owning up to the truth.

    We get you’re a sceptic’s sceptic.

    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    edited April 2018
    Options
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    K_M wrote: »
    Blind means to listen without knowledge of what is being used.

    It is a method of seeing if a difference is truly real to the listener or they are simply perceiving a difference aided by knowledge of what is being used.
    DUH! You’ve taken beating a dead horse to new heights! We covered blind testing, what, 40-50 posts ago? Add to that pointing out the incredibly obvious.

    Two other technics of your personality type to avoid owning up to the truth.

    We get you’re a sceptic.
    Fixit
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »
    No, popular music today is garbage. I suppose someone will want proof that it bites. I say just listen.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/10/hit-charade/403192/

    I fully agree. There are a lot of kids and teenagers that don't agree with us though. Just the same as how The Beatles were universally loved by your generation but your grandparents said it was noise, garbage. It's the circle of life.

    Actually my parents were into The Beatles and they are older than me :#

    Kids these days were raised on garbage and wouldn't know creativity if it smashed them in the face on the sole of a jump boot. Kids born in the early to mid eighties seem to struggle with critical thinking more so than others. Probably the fluoridated water has mutated their prefontal cortex.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    @Nightfall sorry I see that you said grandparents. I have no idea what they were into. They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    edited April 2018
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

    Sometimes, man. Sometimes you are hilarious. That's pretty funny. :D

    I have immortalized these words in my sig.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

    Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,680
    Options
    My parents weren't into the Beatles... Elvis yes Rock n Roll no effin way that was music of the "long hairs" so of course i loved me some Rock n Roll. Only a little of the Beatles though.
    ;)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,661
    Options
    That reminds me, I'd been meaning to add a gem of his into my sig from the old MP3 is dead thread. Added!
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I have immortalized these words in my sig.

  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    When it comes to power cables you need, don't forget the Douglas Connection custom power cable selection. :)

    I just bought 3 new power cables from Doug for a friend a week or 2 ago! He is very happy with them. I use the Bravo 15 for awhile before i gave it to him also :p
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

    HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 485
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Like death and taxes, hearing loss is inevitable as we age. Over the years, I test at what frequency my hearing stops lately 14~15khz. A long while back I tested my hearing vs a female cousin of mine, I was older by 1 year, my hearing stopped at 16khz, hers kept going up to 20khz for her it was faint but still audible to her. So I can agree she heard the sounds much like I can also agree people maybe hearing differences on their own system using stock and upgraded. Is the difference quantifiable?

    I can still hear very well based on my own standards but I do not know how others experience sound and how their brains process it so I can only say with my experience, I’m not able to hear the subtle differences in cables. Other equipment yes, eg vinyl vs CD, different speakers, different amps. etc

    Per reference in wikipedia on hearing in humans:

    The range shrinks during life,[14] usually beginning at around age of eight with the upper frequency limit being reduced. Women typically experience a lesser degree of hearing loss than men, with a later onset. Men have approximately 5 to 10 dB greater loss in the upper frequencies by age 40.
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100 | 150” Elite Screen Acoustic Pro UHD
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte | Roku TV
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | Fire TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,680
    Options
    mpitogo wrote: »
    Like death and taxes, hearing loss is inevitable as we age. Over the years, I test at what frequency my hearing stops lately 14~15khz. A long while back I tested my hearing vs a female cousin of mine, I was older by 1 year, my hearing stopped at 16khz, hers kept going up to 20khz for her it was faint but still audible to her. So I can agree she heard the sounds much like I can also agree people maybe hearing differences on their own system using stock and upgraded. Is the difference quantifiable?

    I can still hear very well based on my own standards but I do not know how others experience sound and how their brains process it so I can only say with my experience, I’m not able to hear the subtle differences in cables. Other equipment yes, eg vinyl vs CD, different speakers, different amps. etc

    Per reference in wikipedia on hearing in humans:

    The range shrinks during life,[14] usually beginning at around age of eight with the upper frequency limit being reduced. Women typically experience a lesser degree of hearing loss than men, with a later onset. Men have approximately 5 to 10 dB greater loss in the upper frequencies by age 40.

    What!!! That should be in bold print so i can hear it :*
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    K_M wrote: »
    If I take someone up an an "Offer"...
    Innuendo for one who cares infinitely more about being right, about serving their agenda, their ego, than getting to truth.
    K_M wrote: »
    it will not be announced publicly but will be done in PM.
    perfect! You can protect your ego by hiding behind the internet. Perish the thought that you have accountability to someone.

    No, my dear lady, it is YOU w/a member present, that must prove to all these people you checked it out by the numbers. A member present during the trial will provide accountability of the process and if your system can resolve the difference/truth. W/out someone present you can and will say what serves your agenda. You expect these people to do what you can’t - trust another.

    Your personality type can’t handle conflict. If backed into a corner, where you hafta choose between your ego or your integrity shutting down prevents your compromising either because you hafta win.
    K_M wrote: »
    I can not force you to quit replying to me...geez.
    too bad the same applies to all Polk Forum members.

    In conclusion, it’s beyond logical why I, or anyone else, should waste any more time or olive branches on you.

    Good day.

    Well with that winning personality and positive vibe, you will be the first invited over no doubt!