Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,357
    tonyb wrote: »
    John, you forgot who your Vikings were playing.

Denver looked better than I have ever seen them look.

The Saints game was also fun to watch. 2 teams with offense and no defense, 52-49 ? Is this basketball ? lol
    WNBA perhaps...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    Frickin' Packers were an embarrassment. Out-coached again. Lacksadaisical from the get-go. Seen it way too many times.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,947
    dromunds wrote: »
    Frickin' Packers were an embarrassment. Out-coached again. Lacksadaisical from the get-go. Seen it way too many times.

Denver did their homework, they didn't give Rogers enough time to look beyond his first target. The Packs offensive line was being overwhelmed by Denvers defensive line, that made all the difference in the world keeping Rogers in check.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    I hope Mike Zimmer watches that game tape...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    The Saints outscored the Bengals, Steelers, Cowboys and Seahawks combined...lol
  • dromunds
    tonyb: Like I said, the Packers were outcoached. Play calling was attocious. No adjustments. Plus, Packer's defense was outcoached. Receivers wide open all game.
  • dromunds
    Plus, for all the talk about how Rogers had no time, there were plenty of times Rogers had lots of time after some juking but none of the receivers could get open. Pretty embarrassing game for the Packers on national TV. 50 yards passing. You gotta be kidding me. Are you frickin' kidding me?
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,169
    As a Broncos Fan, I freaking loved every minute of it... As down as I have been about the season 6-0 or not I wasn't feeling it, as a fan we needed that...
  • dromunds
    I have some good buddies in Denver and Boulder and Colorado Springs and y'all played well and deserve to feel good. Packers came into the season thinking they just had to stroll into the super bowl. It was actually a good thing that happened last night, just very painful for Packer fans. And after a bye week to boot. Packers now actually have the Vikings breathing down their necks, something they never suspected would happen this year, with a lot of inter-divisional play yet to go.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,169
    edited November 2015
    And the Broncos acquired Vernon Davis the TE from the 49ers today...

I think Elway is out to do whatever it takes to win....
  • nooshinjohn
    Tonight the Vikings looked for real... Still not enough to get my hopes up, but I am starting to like the direction my team is going

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,234
    Tonight the Vikings looked for real... Still not enough to get my hopes up, but I am starting to like the direction my team is going

They have a good defense, good run game, mediocre pass game...sound like someone, yep last years Seahawks....not quite but on that track anyway
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    GO CARDINALS!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dromunds
    The Viking/Packer game next Sunday should be a good one.
  • txcoastal1
    Buckeye bubble burst
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Buckeye bubble burst

Yes damnit...all good things come to an end
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    Woohoo! Go Pack GO! Sorry for the loss John but I was hoping we could pull through after 3 straight losses (and to the Lions for real???). Hopefully we can just keep improving from here and have a good running for the super bowl....we'll see...
  • nooshinjohn
    edited November 2015
    Yeah... Defensively, the Vikings looked terrible. And where was the protection for Teddy? Between penalties on defense and all the sacks, the Vikings gave away almost 170 yards to Green Bay. Not exactly the way to win a football game. I cant wait to watch Zimmers post game presser.

• deronb1
    Good Sunday night game. Would love to see s SB rematch!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    The Red Sea is RISING! GO CARDINALS!!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • And the Falcons game plan is,,,run,run,pass,punt
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,947
    Yeah... Defensively, the Vikings looked terrible. And where was the protection for Teddy? Between penalties on defense and all the sacks, the Vikings gave away almost 170 yards to Green Bay. Not exactly the way to win a football game. I cant wait to watch Zimmers post game presser.

I was shocked at the penalties too. They hung with the pack up to the 4th but that offensive line was brutal for the Viks.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Our U of H cougars had their winning streak broken too. :'( Next week will be a tough one, going up against a strong Navy.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited November 2015
    Patriots usually split a pair with the Bills so perhaps tonight is the night they'll be 9-1, leaving the Panthers, strangely enough, with the best record in the NFL. Pats have a few missing pieces and can be toppled in the next few weeks, in any case. Since they've already beaten the Bills away...just saying. That last Giants game was already showing some kinks in the armor (Giants...always a "spoiler" team if nothing else, lol).
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • deronb1
    You may be right CNH. I would, however be more inclined to agree if the game was in Buffalo.

• txcoastal1
    Not a Green Bay fan, but a football fan with a respect for the greats. Great scene with Farve and Starr

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    Brett F., Madden loves the guy, lol
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    My Ravens are pretty much out of players. Don't think i've EVER seen an NFL team get so decimated with this many injuries. We might be scrounging from other teams practice squads right now. In 1-2 more games, we should be dipping into the high school level for players.

About the only thing interesting for me left in this season is to see if some no name player magically turns into an all pro player. Ya never know what might happen. When Flacco was drafted, he started out the preseason as the 3rd stringer. Through injury and illness, he got bumped up to #1...and the rest is history. 5 straight playoff years, ending with the Superbowl win and him as the MVP.
    No excuses!
  • O-H...
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Not looking good for the blue.