THe Official "Larry's Rings" waiting list

Comments

• kdblove_99
    kdblove_99 Posts: 107
    edited July 2014
    Mystery wrote: »
    There are prices posted in the FS thread somewhere.
    But the prices may change without notice, I mean with Larry's notice. :wink:

Found it: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?134200-Sets-of-Rings-for-Drivers-and-PR-and-Tweeter-brackets&highlight=larry%27s+ring

That post is two years old but will give you general idea.

Under 100 posters cant read it:(
  • scubasteve4sq
    scubasteve4sq Posts: 72
    edited July 2014
    yeah i saw that too, but i figured what the heck it cant be that bad and these puppies dont come around that often.
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    edited July 2014
    IDK if this is appropriate but.....
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    You asked for them and here they are....

SDA SRS/1.2/1.2TL $118.96
    SDA 2.3/2.3TL $95.36
    SDA 3.1 $79.74
    SDA 1C's $70.64
    SDA SRS 2's $70.64
    SDA 2's (3 drivers) $58.84
    SDA 2B"s/studios $47.04
    SDA CRS+s $44.34

Monitor 10's $44.34
    Monitor 7B's/7's $32.54

If you have something else let me know. shipping is $15

All sets will come with drill templates and Black Zinc 8-32 BHCS for your drivers, and for the passives....

As always thanks...

Larry.

I'm sure there will be some changes.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,731
    edited July 2014
    Larry, you can put me down for a set for my 2B's. Thanks.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    edited July 2014
    I will post a new thread in the next couple of days just to keep it in order for everyone that's wanting them, and we can keep it in order, and that will give me an idea of how many I need to make..
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited July 2014
    Quick question: On my RTA12's, when I push in the PR the midwoofers stay out indefinitely. They don't recede at all. Am I correct in assuming that I would either not benefit or that the benefit would be negligible if I added rings or hurricane nuts?

My Monitor 5's are another story, they recede after a short amount of time. Being they are set to "small" in my AVR, does that mean they wouldn't see a great benefit either?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Dusty B
    Dusty B Posts: 28
    edited July 2014
    I would like a pair for my sda 1b, i assume the 1c is the same thing. I really want in on this. I will be on the look out for the new thread, thanks larry!!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    edited July 2014
    Cool Larry...
    I would perhaps recommend getting this thread closed if you don't want it popping up all the time.:lol:

I would like a set of rings for the crossover plates if those are a possibility still...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,664
    edited July 2014
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Quick question: On my RTA12's, when I push in the PR the midwoofers stay out indefinitely. They don't recede at all. Am I correct in assuming that I would either not benefit or that the benefit would be negligible if I added rings or hurricane nuts?

The mid-drivers have to vent and they do so via the dust caps. Not sure why yours are not, but it is an opposite problem.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Mystery
    Mystery Posts: 2,546
    edited July 2014

My Monitor 5's are another story, they recede after a short amount of time. Being they are set to "small" in my AVR, does that mean they wouldn't see a great benefit either?

You may want to check if the mid drivers are original as they should be vented and air should pass after few seconds.
    It should not stand out forever.

Klipsch RB81, KG3.5, B&W DM602.5, Polk.
    Subwoofers: Klipsch RW10, Triad ProSub Bronze.
  • Nightfall
    edited July 2014
    F1nut wrote: »
    The mid-drivers have to vent and they do so via the dust caps. Not sure why yours are not, but it is an opposite problem.
    Okay so I had to double check. They do move back in, /VERY/ slightly, but after the slight movement they are still pushed out 80-90% of what they originally were. They don't go back in until I let go of the PR. Is that more normal?

• Nightfall
    edited July 2014
    Mystery wrote: »
    You may want to check if the mid drivers are original as they should be vented and air should pass after few seconds.
    It should not stand out forever.
    All four are MW6600X

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,664
    edited July 2014
    Okay so I had to double check. They do move back in, /VERY/ slightly, but after the slight movement they are still pushed out 80-90% of what they originally were. They don't go back in until I let go of the PR. Is that more normal?

There is a resting position. When you push the PR in the mid-drivers move out to their maximum excursion, then slowly recede. When you release the PR it sucks the mid-drivers in to that maximum excursion, then they move back out to their resting position.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Bigerik
    Bigerik Posts: 149
    edited July 2014
    Need to change my order. It's now for my SDA CRS+.
    Thanks!!!
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    edited July 2014
    If and when these come back to life, I'd be in for 1c's and 2b's
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,080
    edited July 2014
    I will post a new thread in the next couple of days just to keep it in order for everyone that's wanting them, and we can keep it in order, and that will give me an idea of how many I need to make..

I try to log on daily and I haven't seen any new posts, please put me down for three,

TY Larry

Glenn
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Toolfan66
    edited July 2014
    I'm getting close guys.

I am going to tackle the dreadnought cases first..
  • Inthefade
    Inthefade Posts: 180
    edited July 2014
    Larry,

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for a set of monitor 5jr+ and also my srs's. I'm in no rush for the srs's though.

Thanks. Looking forward to the dreadnought box.
  • audiocr381ve
    audiocr381ve Posts: 2,588
    edited July 2014
    I absolutely need a full set for my SDA-CRS+'s. Tweeters/drivers/passives/xovers if possible and thanks Larry!
  • WastelandWand'r
    WastelandWand'r Posts: 466
    edited July 2014
    Since I am retiring soon I will need something to do with my free time. I would ask for a set for 2.3tl's and CRS+ and 2b's. Tweeters as well.
    Thanks for doing this.
    Nathan
    Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited August 2014
    Need a complete set for my SDA 2B's.
  • Bigerik
    Bigerik Posts: 149
    edited August 2014
    I'm getting close guys.

I am going to tackle the dreadnought cases first..

Great news!
  • jimsvm
    jimsvm Posts: 307
    edited August 2014
    I would like a set for my 10b to complete my up grades. Pm me if possible. Thanks Larry
    Rec rm vm30 micro pro 3000 akai 2 channel. ht anthem MTX 5 channel anthem P2 statement anthem 325, 8 channel Martin Logan power amp for 4 ceiling ls900 2 and outdoor polks, 2 JL 110’s subs panasonic 65" plasma lsim 705’s , 706c, L200 and Control 4 garage rig monitor 10s crossovers by VR3, dynamat, RDO-194's, new drivers. psw 111 Pioneer 9040 BDP53fd 100 " screen Nakamichi HD projector, and Panasonic 65” plasma.
  • Apexpro
    Apexpro Posts: 97
    edited August 2014
    Yes please - SDA 1C's $70.64. How do you prefer payment?
    - Please don't clean up my mess. You'll only confuse me.

APC 1500, Furman Rack Rider, Cambridge Audio Dac Magic Plus, Parasound P/HP 850, Adcom GTP-880, Luxman M-300, Threshold 400A Cascode, McIntosh MC2505, MC2205, MR-71, MX-113, Sony TA-3200F, Tascam 112 MKII, Sony TC-D5 Pro, Tascam CD-200, Thorens TD-147, Kenwood KT-5500, Kenwood KT-7500, Realistic Minimus Sevens, Behringer MS40s, Boston Acoustics A40s, JBL 830Ts, 'Double' Advent Loudspeakers, Klipsch KSW12 sub, Bose 901s, Polk SDA 2s, Polk SDA 1Cs
  • audiocr381ve
    edited August 2014
    Apexpro wrote: »
    Yes please - SDA 1C's $70.64. How do you prefer payment?

Larry are you sending totals out to everyone or is there a thread I missed with prices? I'd like to get my payment in asap.
  • Toolfan66
    edited August 2014
    I haven't done anything just yet, I decided a while back to take care of the guys in the group buy for the dreadnought. Juggling the rings and cases would have overwhelmed my PM box since we can only have 70..

Soon!!
  • audiocr381ve
    edited August 2014
    I haven't done anything just yet, I decided a while back to take care of the guys in the group buy for the dreadnought. Juggling the rings and cases would have overwhelmed my PM box since we can only have 70..

Soon!!

No problem! Sounds good Larry!
  • Mr_Hz
    Mr_Hz Posts: 176
    edited August 2014
    Larry,

I'm already in for a set of rings for SDA1C's and 2.3's. The joy just keeps on coming. Possession hasn't occurred yet, but a purchase agreement made.... please add a set of rings for a pair of CRS+'s to my order.

In for a penny, in for a #.

Thanks much!

M_H
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • Apexpro
    Apexpro Posts: 97
    edited August 2014
    Is this still a live thread where I can get on the list? Or is there another thread that's up-to-date.

Thanks!
    - Please don't clean up my mess. You'll only confuse me.

APC 1500, Furman Rack Rider, Cambridge Audio Dac Magic Plus, Parasound P/HP 850, Adcom GTP-880, Luxman M-300, Threshold 400A Cascode, McIntosh MC2505, MC2205, MR-71, MX-113, Sony TA-3200F, Tascam 112 MKII, Sony TC-D5 Pro, Tascam CD-200, Thorens TD-147, Kenwood KT-5500, Kenwood KT-7500, Realistic Minimus Sevens, Behringer MS40s, Boston Acoustics A40s, JBL 830Ts, 'Double' Advent Loudspeakers, Klipsch KSW12 sub, Bose 901s, Polk SDA 2s, Polk SDA 1Cs
  • Toolfan66
    edited August 2014
    There is no updated thread yet, I postponed it till I get the dreadnought cases done for the group buy members on the forum..