THe Official "Larry's Rings" waiting list

Comments

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited June 2012
    IN for a set for SDA-2Bs and a set for Monitor 10Bs.

Thanks!
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,731
    edited June 2012
    Will using the rings render the existing screw holes useless for any future use? Just curious if the holes need to be reamed. I understand the rings will pull the drivers tighter so wood screws will no longer even be needed but again just curious.
  • evhudsons
    evhudsons Posts: 1,175
    edited June 2012
    He was spot on with my rings, all screw holes unchanged. The mdf was starting to come loose after 20 years in some places, so I sealed up some spots after installing the rings, but otherwise the holes lined up with the screw holes just fine.

I would like to change my request from 1c's to srs 2. I snagged a pair of sda srs 2's! It has the same number of drivers as the 1c though, so I don't know if it makes a difference.
    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • teekay0007
    edited June 2012
    gmcman wrote: »
    Will using the rings render the existing screw holes useless for any future use? Just curious if the holes need to be reamed. I understand the rings will pull the drivers tighter so wood screws will no longer even be needed but again just curious.

I think the pictures in this thread will help to answer your question: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?103241-Steel-Retaining-Rings-For-SDA-Drivers-And-Passive-Radiators&highlight=dynamat

From DK's write-up, it appears that the templates for drilling the holes for the rings are placed in such a way as to make the new hole right through where the old wood screw hole was. Yes, this way would render the existing screw holes useless for any future use, if that future use would entail using wood screws again. However, if one were so inclined - not really sure why they would be though - they could simply rotate the template to a position that put "new wood" (ie. no wood screw hole through it yet) behind the open template hole prior to drilling. This approach would put the driver or PR askew of its prior placement and does beg the question - Why would you want to do it this way? :confused:

If you were to get the rings and for some reason (?) would, at a later date, decide that you wanted to go back to using wood screws to couple your drivers/PRs to the baffle, you could then just remove the steel retaining ring and rotate the driver or PR and drill new wood screw starter holes at that time.

I think this answers your question, but again, why would you want to ever go back to using the wood screws? :rolleyes:
  • 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    edited June 2012
    i would do a full set for my RTA 11T's including tweets if possible.
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,731
    edited June 2012
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    I think this answers your question, but again, why would you want to ever go back to using the wood screws? :rolleyes:

Yes, answers my question...thanks. Simply rotating the drivers would work. I wouldn't want to go back to wood screws, that wasn't my question.

Wasn't sure if using the rings would keep the cabinets from retaining the factory look. Not a deal breaker though....function far outweighs form here.
    gmcman wrote: »
    I understand the rings will pull the drivers tighter so wood screws will no longer even be needed but again just curious.

Was just curious.
  • downhiller2010
    downhiller2010 Posts: 32
    edited June 2012
    Monitor 10's here
  • azaudio
    azaudio Posts: 10
    edited June 2012
    Put me down for a full set for sda crs+ (pin/blade)
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,080
    edited June 2012
    I will update asap for the Ring Master.

I hope this helps. Again, I am assuming everyone wants FULL SETS (Pass Rad, Mid Woofs and Tweet brackets), unless specified otherwise.

Thanks gents,

G
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited June 2012
    I think Larry is more than capable of figuring out who wants what. After all, he has done this before.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    edited June 2012
    Just so you guys know I am working on getting these done!!

Jesse I will call you today!!:smile:
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for making another run of these Larry.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    edited June 2012
    yes, thanks! i am probably just a little more excited than i should be....:cheesygrin:
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited June 2012
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Just so you guys know I am working on getting these done!!

Jesse I will call you today!!:smile:

Let me know when you need to work out counts for mine brother.
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • SDA1C
    SDA1C Posts: 2,069
    edited June 2012
    Hi Larry. I'll take a full set for the SDA1C and a full set for the RTA11T (tweets and passives included). If you decide to make rings for the CS350 I'd take a full compliment for drivers and tweet (at a one off premium if necessary). I'd also take an extra set of tweets for a pairs of SDA1C.....now where is gimpod?:cheesygrin: The cabs have rested under the bed for far too long.
    Too much **** to list....
  • SDA1C
    edited June 2012
    BRGMAN, You better get ready...with all these rings about to be installed the world will need more gaskets. Did I see an official Gasket thread somewhere? Hehe
  • GlennDog
    edited June 2012
    F1nut wrote: »
    I think Larry is more than capable of figuring out who wants what. After all, he has done this before.

I know that he is, just look at the craftsmanship on the latest Dreadnaught boxes . . . Just trying to help. I'll back-off . . . no prob

G
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • SDA1C
    edited June 2012
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Larry,

Maybe you can send the order right from the website to the cnc machine and when you wake up in the morning all the orders from the past night are all cut and ready to ship out!

Sal

+100
  • GlennDog
    edited June 2012
    Seriously, GREAT idea . .

G
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • brgman
    edited June 2012
    SDA1C wrote: »
    BRGMAN, You better get ready...with all these rings about to be installed the world will need more gaskets. Did I see an official Gasket thread somewhere? Hehe

If people want them i can get a run going.
    I'm tapped out.
    What extras i had Tour bought and then disappeared.
    Not sure what happened to him.

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • Toolfan66
    edited July 2012
    Tweeter brackets are done

rings will be done tomorrow

these will be ready to fly out the door this weekend!!!!
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,593
    edited July 2012
    Larry............... Id like a set for sda1c.
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• teekay0007
    edited July 2012
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Tweeter brackets are done

rings will be done tomorrow

these will be ready to fly out the door this weekend!!!!

Thanks Toolfan66, for takin care of this on the quick. How do we go about paying and do these include the socket head cap screws or should we be shopping for those?

This is gonna be great! Got the Dynamat, spikes, Armacell, etc. ready to go!! :biggrin: :exclaim:
  • Toolfan66
    edited July 2012
    All hardware is included, I will post later on payment as long as the site is up.

BTW I am loving the new look!!!
  • brgman
    edited July 2012
    Damn
    i hope you have a few extras

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • villock
    villock Posts: 72
    edited July 2012
    Larry you are the man:loneranger:
    SDA SRS 2.3tls; RDO 198's, Dynamatted, Armaflexed, Gimpod Boards, Crossovers by quadzilla: Clarity ESA 630V, Mills Resistors, Track Audio Spikes, Musky's Curly Maple Caps
    CSi5, FXi5, Rythmik D15SE sub, Pro-Ject Xpression III/Ortofon MC-3 Turbo. Pro-Ject Speed Box. Pro-Ject Tube Box II
  • evhudsons
    evhudsons Posts: 1,175
    edited July 2012
    You are certainly a stand up guy. I dont know if you caught it but i had switched from 1c to srs2. Im ecstatic! Thanks again Larry!
    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • Toolfan66
    edited July 2012
    When I have everything in order I will PM all of you, and yes I made extras!!!
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited July 2012
    Larry, I'd like to speak up for four tweeter brackets and two binding post rings!!!