THe Official "Larry's Rings" waiting list

1234568»

Comments

• In hopes of a new run, I would love a complete set for a pair of 2.3 TLs, please and thank you.
    Home Theater - Talon Firebird (Fronts), Talon Raven 2002 (Surrounds), Talon Cinema Hawk (Ctr), Talon Falcon (Back Surrounds), JL Audio Fathom F112 Sub
    Pre/Pro - Classe SSP-800
    Amps - Sim Audio Moon Titan 5 channel, Modwright KWH 225i
    Blu-Ray - Oppo UDP-203
    Projector - Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5040UB
    Screen - Silver Tickets MPT 110"

Primary 2 Channel - Talon Firebirds
    Modwright KWH 225i Integrated Amp
    Oppo BDP-103, Audio Research DAC 8

Secondary 2 Channel - Polk SDA 2B
    NAD T775, Denon 2900 DVD-A/SACD
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    DaveMuell wrote: »
    If I'm not already in for a set for my 3.1's, put me down for complete with tweeters.

I am in for a set for my 3.1's also whenever you do another run.
  • I would love a full set of these legendary rings for my 1C's if they are available
    Polk SDA 1C Upgraded, Eastern Electric Minimax Supreme DAC, Parasound HCA 1200ii, Belles 21a Preamp, Rotel RSX-1056, Matricom G Box Q, Blue Jean & Signal Cable interconnects, Sonographe SG-3 TT, Panamax M4300-PM
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    sfosselman wrote: »
    I would love a full set of these legendary rings for my 1C's if they are available

@sfosselman,

You are on the right track. Keep on keeping' on!

I assume you have the SDA interconnect cable for your 1Cs.

Have you read about the Dreadnought yet? A Dreadnought (or sometimes, "Dreadnaught") improves sound, even if you are using a common-ground amp.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• I am sad to say I do not have the interconnect cable with the 1C's. Right now I am using 16 gauge speaker wire and the effect is there. I was going to purchase or DIY the cable but now I might wait and replace the posts and use a custom Speakon interconnect. Any thoughts?
    Polk SDA 1C Upgraded, Eastern Electric Minimax Supreme DAC, Parasound HCA 1200ii, Belles 21a Preamp, Rotel RSX-1056, Matricom G Box Q, Blue Jean & Signal Cable interconnects, Sonographe SG-3 TT, Panamax M4300-PM
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    @sfosselman,

My advice is to go beyond building a custom SDA interconnect with Speak-on connectors. Go all the way and build a Dreadnought interconnect with a good-sized toroidal transformer.

There are a number of threads on the Forum about building a Dreadnought to replace or serve as the SDA interconnect. DarqueKnight, I believe is the "father of the Dreadnought."

In fact, I found my way to this Forum because I tried to use a pair of mono blocks with my SDA SRS1.2s, only to learn (rather rudely, I might say) that you cannot use the standard interconnect with amplifiers that are non-common ground.

Then, having built one for my SRSs, I read about better ones on this Forum, and I upgraded the one for the SRSs and began using the smaller one for my 1Cs. The amp with my 1Cs did not require an isolation transformer because it is a common-ground amp. But the Dreadnought improved the sound greatly. Now, I have also upgraded the Dreadnought for the 1Cs.

It's a mod that is definitely worth the effort.

Larry (of "Larry's Rings" fame) also builds great boxes for the toroidal transformer used in the Dreadnought.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• I will definitely look into the Dreadnought upgrade for my 1C' . Thanks for the insight!
  • bassfann
    bassfann Posts: 151
    I need rings for 2.3's.
  • User1
    User1 Posts: 40
    What are "Larry's rings"? It sounds like I could use some as I LOVE my SDA'S!
  • cood
    cood Posts: 2
    Any chance that Larry is still making these rings? I’m in for a set for my 7B’s if he is!
  • History repeats itself!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    They certainly move things to the next level!
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Larry, I know this is an old thread, but if you ever make another run, I'm in for SDA-SRS's.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Ug I saw this thread pop up and started to get excited..... O well
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    use hurricane nuts. you're more than likely to win the lottery before Larry makes more.
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    use hurricane nuts. you're more than likely to win the lottery before Larry makes more.

Ya i know doesn't mean i cant hope. Im already using h nut but would upgrade if given a chance.
  • Hi there all polkies, I have owned polka 1.2 TL for many years with some mods done. I need to still do Larry's rings as well as crossovers so I also need new upgraded boards. I don't know if these are still available, and if so then by whom? If anyone can help a old polkie with most mods done would most appreciate yall. I live in BC Canada so parts arrive slowly 😭 but polks make me feel better quickly.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    Larry is not making rings. Use Hurricane nuts instead.
    Member westmassguy is selling the Gimpod SDA boards.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Thank-you so kindly.
    Tm
  • ptrooper
    Larry would have the programme to make them ! Maybe someone could take over his retirement in this area! :)
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,598
    That nasty word... Shipping

Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,119
    How about Larry's Arcs? Wouldn't be so expensive to ship and would be installable without bending for the Passive.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • ptrooper
    Wanted ,full set for 1.2's