THe Official "Larry's Rings" waiting list

Comments

• nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited August 2014
    Larry I'm in for a set for a pair of Monitor 10's buddy. For the nephew's set up.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,179
    edited August 2014
    I'm also in for a set for 2.3tl's Thanks
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    Rings are ready!!!
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    I PM'd with my address. Thanks again!
  • JNinja
    JNinja Posts: 100
    Still available for 2a's?
  • Herk
    Herk Posts: 24
    Did i miss how much these are? I would want a full set for my sda srs and my sda srs1.2tl.
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    srs and 1b 's needem here
  • Toolfan66
    I'm out at the moment..
  • Herk
    Is this one of those sales that if i ask the price i can't afford it? Just curious to know, thanks.

Herakles.
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    from 2014, one year ago.

You asked for them and here they are....

SDA SRS/1.2/1.2TL $118.96
    SDA 2.3/2.3TL $95.36
    SDA 3.1 $79.74
    SDA 1C's $70.64
    SDA SRS 2's $70.64
    SDA 2's (3 drivers) $58.84
    SDA 2B"s/studios $47.04
    SDA CRS+s $44.34

Monitor 10's $44.34
    Monitor 7B's/7's $32.54

If you have something else let me know. shipping is $15

All sets will come with drill templates and Black Zinc 8-32 BHCS for your drivers, and for the passives....

As always thanks...

Larry.
    Herk wrote: »
    Is this one of those sales that if i ask the price i can't afford it? Just curious to know, thanks.

Herakles.

POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • ptrooper
    I am in...1 x full set of SDA SRS ..IE woofers,sub base radiator ,Tweeters and isophase xover
    and 1 x full set Sda 1b's please.

Postage abit more $$ to Perth western australia 6055
    cheers
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    I have a few sets but haven't had the time to install them. Sometimes I wonder if I don't have too many "projects" in my life!!!????
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • Herk
    Thanks polkieman! Not bad i can afford that. Well id like to get on a list if their is one, i know i am new so their are probably people way agead of me. But someone please inbox me or whatever tomgive me heads up next time around!
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,457
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I'm out at the moment..

Think this kind of says it all, for now...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    smglbrth wrote: »
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I'm out at the moment..

Think this kind of says it all, for now...

It's good for people to express their interest here. Larry (Toolfan66) makes runs of these when a) There's enough interest shown and b) both his shop and he have the time to allow for a run.
    xjghost wrote: »
    I have a few sets but haven't had the time to install them. Sometimes I wonder if I don't have too many "projects" in my life!!!????

Take my advice on this: If you live in even a semi-humid climate, tape up the tapped inserts and hit the rings with a coat of spray paint. I had a set made for RTA 11TLs that I never got around to mounting, and they developed a light coat of rust on the ring portion that I let Dan (EnderShadow) sand off before he mounted to his RTA's.

The (2, 3 years old?) RTA rings:

11TLRings_zpse1093795.jpg

I painted my rings before installing in my SDA 2BTL:

rings_zps214e815d.jpg

Jay
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • ptrooper
    Is there a programme ie blueprints etc for computerised machinery that could be used?
  • Mr_Hz
    Mr_Hz Posts: 176
    With speakers coming (and not going yet!) I know I could use at least 1 more set of Rings. I had targeted H-Nuts for my SDA2 pairs ... but if Larry makes another run in the near future, I'd go with the rings.
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • cwsmith68
    cwsmith68 Posts: 434
    I'm in for a set for my Monitor 10 b's when available.
    [email protected]
    Main system:
    Denon PRA-1500, Denon POA-2400, Denon TU-660, Denon DCD-2560, Denon DVD-2910, Denon DRS-640, Denon DP-30L II w/DL-301 mc cart, BSR EQ-3000, DCM Timeframe 600's
  • JNinja
    JNinja Posts: 100
    What's up with them Rings Larry....
  • Toolfan66
    Just haven't had the time as of late, maybe with summer winding down I will find the time..
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,038
    I would also like a set of Monitor 10 rings whenever you get time to do them.
  • cortico
    cortico Posts: 587
    I am interest in a set for the Monitor 5B, if that is possible.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    Guys....some advice. Do not push Larry, he'll get to them when he can and saying PLEASE would likely go a long way.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ptrooper
    edited August 2015
    "Please" ,Sorry for any form of pressure i may have put you under in past 7 months .Help my Babies ,They need you :)

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    F1nut wrote: »
    Guys....some advice. Do not push Larry, he'll get to them when he can and saying PLEASE would likely go a long way.

Agreed... And also when they show up.... buy all you think you might EVER need..... because that way you've got em.

And they are a easy sell if you end up not needing them.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Agreed... Makes me wish the mods would close this thread already. I started it for what was supposed to be the last run of these rings but the thread has an unintended life all its own.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Toolfan66
    Agreed... Makes me wish the mods would close this thread already. I started it for what was supposed to be the last run of these rings but the thread has an unintended life all its own.

That's okay they post here John, gives me something to look back on, and I would start a new thread anyways..

I say leave it up, it has helped many find info about them...

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420

Agreed... And also when they show up.... buy all you think you might EVER need..... because that way you've got em.

And they are a easy sell if you end up not needing them.

agreed:

Well Please :D when and IF you decide I'm in for some 2.3's and I don't even have a pair BUT I aspire to own a pair and when I get some I'll be all set.

no pressure Larry....just kidding bra I know one of these days you'll get to it and I'm in no hurry...

pre Thanks Larry

• gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,731
    When you get a set avail for my 2B's I will take one...no rush.
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    If I'm not already in for a set for my 3.1's, put me down for complete with tweeters.