THe Official "Larry's Rings" waiting list

Comments

• MarkCianciolo
    MarkCianciolo Posts: 13
    edited July 2014
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Just to give you guys some what of what I'm thinking considering how busy I am at work.. I will more then likely get to these some time in July. So if you guys can hold out that would be great!!

Doing the cases was easy as I knew I had time to get them done as the guys are still waiting for the transformers..

I will keep the prices the same as they were before as we have plenty of guys interested...

Hello Larry,

I hope all is well. I am new here, but I have known about your rings long before I joined this forum. Are you close to making a run? I too would like to purchase a set of SDA SRS 1.2 sets.

Mark
  • MarkCianciolo
    MarkCianciolo Posts: 13
    edited July 2014
    Not in a very long time... shoot Larry a pm and ask is all you can do.

Thanks John
  • Dusty B
    Dusty B Posts: 28
    edited July 2014
    I'll take a set for my sda 1B, please.
  • Bigerik
    Bigerik Posts: 149
    edited July 2014
    And I a set for my original RTA 12's. THanks!
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,160
    edited July 2014
    I feel lucky to have a set in my 1B's, (even though I retired those) the ring project was fun and gives you a sense of security to see how well these lock your drivers tweeters and radiators into place. When you get them installed, you wont be disappointed you waited. Thanks again Larry.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,190
    edited July 2014
    I'm always hearing about Larry Rings in threads. What is a Larry Ring? Is it something you can catch from a dog or cat, like Ring Worm? Is it a clothing stain around the neck? I heard you can get rings around a tick bite if it has Lyme disease. Does Larry have ticks? Does Larry need to see a doctor? Is there a doctor in this club? For God's sake, will someone help Larry! I must know about these mysterious rings. Are they like crop circles? Are there rings in Larry's yard? Is it jewelry? If I get engaged, should I give her a Larry Ring? Or is it for the ear, like a Captive Bead Ring? Are Larry's ears pierced? Is it a bellybutton ring? If you count Larry's rings, will it tell you how old he is, like rings on trees? And who the hell is Larry? Is it Larry Bird? Does the ring refer to the basketball goal? Larry Flynt? Is the ring a sex toy? Larry Holmes? Is it a reference to the boxing ring? Larry Hagman? Who shot L.R. (Larry's Ring)?
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,260
    edited July 2014
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I'm always hearing about Larry Rings in threads. What is a Larry Ring? Is it something you can catch from a dog or cat, like Ring Worm? Is it a clothing stain around the neck? I heard you can get rings around a tick bite if it has Lyme disease. Does Larry have ticks? Does Larry need to see a doctor? Is there a doctor in this club? For God's sake, will someone help Larry! I must know about these mysterious rings. Are they like crop circles? Are there rings in Larry's yard? Is it jewelry? If I get engaged, should I give her a Larry Ring? Or is it for the ear, like a Captive Bead Ring? Are Larry's ears pierced? Is it a bellybutton ring? If you count Larry's rings, will it tell you how old he is, like rings on trees? And who the hell is Larry? Is it Larry Bird? Does the ring refer to the basketball goal? Larry Flynt? Is the ring a sex toy? Larry Holmes? Is it a reference to the boxing ring? Larry Hagman? Who shot L.R. (Larry's Ring)?
    Nope, wrong on all counts. Several books were written about Larry that will explain everything. Look for "Lord Of The Rings" in your favorite book store. One of the books entitled "Return Of The King" is the reason this official waiting list was started. :razz:
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    edited July 2014
    I sent a pm with no response. Than again I also asked if he would share the info and me get them made. Not surprised he did not. I don't know that I would. But was worth a try. I'd like to see how the post connects to the ring.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • Sea
    Sea Posts: 317
    edited July 2014
    If and when these are made again, I would like a set for 1C and 2.3tl including tweeter brackets.
    Main-Carver TFM35(2),Carver C11 ,Carver SD/A 360 CD,Carver TX11 ,Grace Digital Tuner, Pioneer PL707 TT,Polk SDA1C
    Downstairs -Carver M1.5t, Carver C1 Pre, Carver TX10 Tuner, Carver TL3200 CD Player, Dual 1009 TT,Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl
    Study - Carver AV634 Amp, Carver CT7 Pre, Carver DTL50 CD Player, Polk RTA12c
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    edited July 2014
    I should have a window here soon to get these done!!

Stay tuned!!

I go on vacation next week so be patient..

Thanks!!
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    edited July 2014
    While you're at, how about crankin' out a pair of crossover rings for a set of 1.2tl's. I bought the rings a few years ago.
    Plus I'll tell everyone what a swell guy you are. :)
  • Sea
    Sea Posts: 317
    edited July 2014
    Great news Larry. Enjoy your vacation.
    Main-Carver TFM35(2),Carver C11 ,Carver SD/A 360 CD,Carver TX11 ,Grace Digital Tuner, Pioneer PL707 TT,Polk SDA1C
    Downstairs -Carver M1.5t, Carver C1 Pre, Carver TX10 Tuner, Carver TL3200 CD Player, Dual 1009 TT,Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl
    Study - Carver AV634 Amp, Carver CT7 Pre, Carver DTL50 CD Player, Polk RTA12c
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited July 2014
    I would take a set for 1Cs and a set for CRS+.

Thx
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited July 2014
    I may have posted in here before, or PM'd, but I still need a set for my 2B's that I am holding up on until these are available.

Thanks, Larry!
  • zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    edited July 2014
    When you all finally get a set of rings, you will know it was worth the wait!
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • xjghost
    edited July 2014
    Monitor 10's, Monitor 12's, Monitor 5's, and SDA 3.1TL's. That is my dream. What does a set cost?
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited July 2014
    HOLY CRAPPERS!

Time to snag a set for my RTA 11TL's for sure......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • kdblove_99
    kdblove_99 Posts: 107
    edited July 2014
    HOLY CRAPPERS!

Time to snag a set for my RTA 11TL's for sure......

Ditto on this.. I just order some hurricane nuts but from what I hear I would really some Larry nuts for my 11ts. How much do they cost?
  • bigaltx24
    bigaltx24 Posts: 141
    edited July 2014
    I'll take a set of 1Bs.
    Denon PMA-900V
    Linn Axis with Grado Red
    Cambridge Azur 650C
    Polk SDA-1BTL
  • Toolfan66
    edited July 2014
    I'm decided to not take my vacation till August so I might be able to knock them out sooner then I thought..
  • Toolfan66
    edited July 2014
    Hermitism wrote: »

That was great!!

Haha!!
  • xjghost
    edited July 2014
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I'm decided to not take my vacation till August so I might be able to knock them out sooner then I thought..

I'm a newb here and I know it's been asked but can you give us an idea of cost for the different speakers mentioned?

• Mr_Hz
    Mr_Hz Posts: 176
    edited July 2014
    I made my interest tentatively known on another thread and via PM, but this is the official Larry's Rings wait list, so I will proclaim my need 'officially' for a set for a pair of SDA1C's and another set for my 2.3's. Please add me to the growing list. Will wait for info on payment.

Thanks Larry!
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • woofiepaws
    woofiepaws Posts: 214
    edited July 2014
    I would like a set of tweeter rings for my 1.2 TLs if possible.
    MacBook Pro running Roon-Monoprice USB-Schiit Gungir Multibit-Audioquest Earth-Schiit Freya with Tung Sol 6SN7s-Audioquest Sky-Krell FPB 400cx-Audioquest Mont Blanc-1.2tls with all the mods.
  • Mystery
    Mystery Posts: 2,546
    edited July 2014
    xjghost wrote: »
    I'm a newb here and I know it's been asked but can you give us an idea of cost for the different speakers mentioned?

There are prices posted in the FS thread somewhere.
    But the prices may change without notice, I mean with Larry's notice. :wink:

Found it: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?134200-Sets-of-Rings-for-Drivers-and-PR-and-Tweeter-brackets&highlight=larry%27s+ring

That post is two years old but will give you general idea.

Klipsch RB81, KG3.5, B&W DM602.5, Polk.
    Subwoofers: Klipsch RW10, Triad ProSub Bronze.
  • xjghost
    edited July 2014
    Mystery wrote: »
    There are prices posted in the FS thread somewhere.
    But the prices may change without notice, I mean with Larry's notice. :wink:

Found it: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?134200-Sets-of-Rings-for-Drivers-and-PR-and-Tweeter-brackets&highlight=larry%27s+ring

That post is two years old but will give you general idea.

TY sir and I see Monitor 12's are not on the list nor are RTA 12's and 5 JR's. I don't know if I can afford all that but it seems like I need to get while the getting is good!

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited July 2014
    xjghost wrote: »
    TY sir and I see Monitor 12's are not on the list nor are RTA 12's and 5 JR's. I don't know if I can afford all that but it seems like I need to get while the getting is good!

That list isnt all inclusive..

For instance my RTA 11TL's use the same 6.5" mids and SL tweeters as SDA's so I can buy the rings for the SDA's for those parts, he simply doesnt have any rings for my 8" passive drivers. However if you took one of the 6 1/2 rings and cut it in 4 parts you could still use it for the 8" passives, you just wouldn't have a fully enclosed metal ring all the way around. Conversely I could buy 2 of the 10" rings for each woofer, remove enough to make them fit and then weld them back together to have a single continuous ring for the passives. Thats a bit much IMHO, I'd rather just hacksaw it to get it to work and be done.

However since thats not on the list of his prices that would require a somewhat custom quote lol....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited July 2014
    Hello Larry!!!! I'm up for some rings for my SDA-SRS 2's pin/blade design. Also, is it necessary to go with the tweeter brackets? I just saw something mentioned on the other thread about those. Thanks for all your efforts and craftsmanship Larry, we all appreciate helping to make our Polk speaker dreams come true sir!
  • anton.chigurh
    anton.chigurh Posts: 239
    edited July 2014
    Larry, I'm interested in a set of rings for my Monitor 7B's and a pair of tweeter brackets for my Peerless. Blew it and missed out last round. Thanks for trying to find time to do another run of these.
  • scubasteve4sq
    scubasteve4sq Posts: 72
    edited July 2014
    I would like to order a full set for a pair of 2.3s and a full set for a pair of 1.2s

Thanks larry