Game of Thrones

Comments

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited June 2012
    chumlie wrote: »
    Hope they don't leave everything open for next year.
    Don't worry, they probably will. :cheesygrin:
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited June 2012
    Face wrote: »
    Don't worry, they probably will. :cheesygrin:

Oh no they didn't!

Wait, they did. Heading to amazon to buy the first book.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited June 2012
    Did those of you who haven't read the books understand what went down between Qhorin Halfhand and Jon Snow last night? I thought they didn't do a good job of explaining it.

Can't believe we have to wait a year for the next season!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • DMara
    DMara Posts: 1,434
    edited June 2012
    drumminman wrote: »
    Did those of you who haven't read the books understand what went down between Qhorin Halfhand and Jon Snow last night? I thought they didn't do a good job of explaining it.

In the previous episode he did whisper to Jon Snow that he should make sure the deaths of his comrades were not meaningless. That was a tell-tale suggestion.
    It would be hard to fathom any other way about the fact that Jon Snow can let a stranger (Ygritte) go but kill a teacher that easily.
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited June 2012
    What a season's Finale...zombie troop approaching the northern wall!

Hoping to see Joffrey got slain..if ever.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • drumminman
    edited June 2012
    Glad it was apparent - in the books the crows were tracked by Rattle Bones and his lot. Qhorin realized they were all going to die as the Wildlings typically don't take prisoners and he talked the plot over with Jon. Jon would have lost the fight if not for Ghost as Qhorin was making it look a little too real and was a better swordsman!

Loved the Wight Walkers! And the dragons look really cool! Wonder where I could get one?:eek:
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Face
    edited June 2012
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • drumminman
    edited June 2012
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited June 2012
    Can't wait for next season. Lots of twists and turns ahead. And i little justice. Anybody else get the books because you couldn't wait ?
  • drumminman
    edited June 2012
    I've read 'em all except the first one, "Game of Thrones". Got to say I was a little (only a little) disappointed in some of the changes from the book at the end of last season. There's so much in the books that it'd be very difficult to make the series without combining characters, changing plot lines, etc.

Still a great series though. G.R.R. Martin is writing the 6th book - don't know when it'll be released.

A bit of trivia: the actress playing Robb Starks's wife Talisa (Oona Chaplin), is the grand daughter of Charlie Chaplin.

Tyrion's the man!
  • chumlie
    edited June 2012
    Tyrion is the man. Love the way him and his dad get together at the end of book 3.
  • codyc1ark
    edited June 2012
    I'm halfway through book one, should finish it this week.
  • drumminman
    edited June 2012
    Tyrion is the man. Love the way him and his dad get together at the end of book 3.

Ssshhhhhhhhhh!
  • chumlie
    edited February 2013
    Season 2 on blu-ray & dvd coming Feb 19.
  • ViperZ
    ViperZ Posts: 2,046
    edited February 2013
    Finished watching Season 2 last week. Not sure if I want to buy it now on blu-ray - 49 bucks on amazon now.
    Panasonic PT-AE4000U projector for movies
    Carada 106" Precision Series (Classic Cinema White)
    Denon AVR-X3600H pre/pro
    Outlaw 770 7-channel amplifier
    B&W CDM1-SE fronts
    B&W CDM-CNT center
    B&W CDM1 rears on MoPADs
    JBL SP8CII in-ceiling height speakers
    Samsung DTB-H260F OTA HDTV tuner
    DUAL NHT SubTwo subwoofers
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-Ray player
    Belkin PF60 Power Center
    Harmony 1100 RF remote with RF extender
    Sony XBR-X950G 55" 4K HDR Smart TV + PS3 in the living room
  • wkjeffers
    wkjeffers Posts: 139
    edited February 2013
    got hooked during the recap marathon. then read the first book
  • chumlie
    edited February 2013
    Season 2 on blu-ray for $35 at Amazon.
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited February 2013
    I REALLY want to see that snotnosed little pr!ck of a King to get a sword straight up his a$$ in the coming season ! Want to see more dragon action too ! :mrgreen:
  • zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    edited February 2013
    Ordered,season two today, can't wait to start watching
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • gdb
    edited March 2013
    Just read this on the Rolling Stone site: A Game of Thrones prequel could be in the works, according to series creator George R. R. Martin. There are talks of turning his 'Tales of Dunk and Egg' novellas – which also take place in Westeros, but 100 years before the events of 'Game of Thrones' – into a TV show.
    eusa_dance.gif

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/game-of-thrones-prequel-is-possible-20130322
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    edited March 2013
    Never gave this show a second thought as I thought it was a show for the **** Rights Activists..
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • gdb
    edited March 2013
    Why does that not surprise me, coming from you ? :rolleyes:
  • Face
    edited March 2013
    K30SrYn.jpg
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    edited March 2013
    Hey Sorry just not my cup of tea is all, but hey who am I to judge..
    gdb wrote: »
    Why does that not surprise me, coming from you ? :rolleyes:
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • chumlie
    edited March 2013
    Sparty only has one or three left. Long live The Thrones.
  • gdb
    edited March 2013
    I'm liking the new show : "Vikings" ! (Ragnar's wife gives me a chubby) :cheesygrin:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2306299/
  • codyc1ark
    edited March 2013
    Winter is coming..
  • chumlie
    edited March 2013
    Looking forward to it.
  • gdb
    edited March 2013
    So are Dragons.........
    eusa_dance.gif
  • chumlie
    edited April 2013
    Moved a bit slow last night. Davos Seaworth having a bad run of luck, fron deserted island to the dungean.