Showcase your setups

Comments

• jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 3,243
    One thing I've noticed from this thread, compared to back a few years in the former Member Showcase. TT's, a lot of Vinyl going' on here!

Current Set-Up:

atb9b2f1dlq2.jpg

5khw4r8ozgvh.jpg

Love the Scarlet and Grey.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 843

I surely thought you had help! How in the world did you lift those amps up onto those tables? :o :# :s

How and why in the world do we still lift, wrestle and finagle stereo gear and speakers that can permanently injure us? :o

Where are all the people I helped out over the years? At least one of my old friends is back, living 5 blocks away now and willing to help when I want and when he can if not busy or out of town. :)
    I just walked two sets of 80Lb. speakers into my cottage in the last few months. :# I walked them up the stairs in front of it too. My friend helped me put one set on dollies a week ago. I was still week from some serious illness with many weird symptoms so we didn't do much else but listen to speaker sets. The big A/C window unit is fading after about 15+ years of great operation. A Kenmore well built one it is, soon to be was. So I got overheated after a while and we called it a day.

It's sooo nice to have a helping friend close by. ;)

I agree a strong buddy would've been greatly appreciated but I did manage it after giving plenty of thought to the process. They each outweigh my wife so that was out of the question to ask her for help. I also managed to unload the 192lb 1.2tl's by myself and wrestle them into place when they came home with me 7 years ago. Pulling out and loading the 129lb Mac amps that the 1201's replaced also increased my heart rate a bit But none of those workouts compared to lugging an 86lb Mac amp across the yard and up 2 flights of stairs. Why does the good stuff have to be sooo darn heavy???

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,047
    Is the weight of those amps balanced or lopsided? The biggest issue with handling the Evolution 845 is that almost all of that 120 lbs is in the back of the amp with the transformers. Handles would've been nice too.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,144
    edited August 6
    One thing I've noticed from this thread, compared to back a few years in the former Member Showcase. TT's, a lot of Vinyl going' on here!

Current Set-Up:

atb9b2f1dlq2.jpg

5khw4r8ozgvh.jpg

15j6f4pg5t54.jpg

Don't you mean Scarlet and Cream? :)
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 755
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    Bedroom setup.
    2g4wq3gyt3g7.jpg
    Would love to have a setup in the bedroom
    Alas not in the cards.

• cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 13,045
    edited August 6
    I think your signature needs updating Irrenhaus.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 3,243
    aprazer402 wrote: »

Current Set-Up:

atb9b2f1dlq2.jpg

5khw4r8ozgvh.jpg

15j6f4pg5t54.jpg

Don't you mean Scarlet and Cream? :)

Nope. Not at all.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,917
    cfrizz wrote: »

I agree, those don't look like LS70's.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 755
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Living room setup. Rouge Cronus is hiding behind the right speaker.

eaejqyq0zmn5.jpeg

Here is a bad pic of the Cronus.

h5g6dkulgnut.jpeg

Here’s the Scout.

dxco594akdqc.jpeg

Love that Scout. Almost picked one off CL for $1450 but hesitated and it was gone.

• IrrenhausIrrenhaus Posts: 759
    cfrizz wrote: »

I know.

Cheers
    Rey
    AVR-Onkyo709
    AMP- Parasound 2125, Adcom 585
    Mains for HT and some Music- RTi12s
    Main for Music only- Linn Keilidh or Usher V-601 and SDA 1C
    PreAmp for Music: Cary AE-3
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103

Bedroom rig:
    Pionner Elite VSX-30...Onkyo CS-5VL SACD Player....Polk Audio LS70
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,661
    Need to get a pic of the bedroom setup...
    Sonos Connect Amp
    Polk Audio Monitor 5 Series 2s with RD0198s, Mills resistors and Solen capacitors
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,917
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Need to get a pic of the bedroom setup...
    Sonos Connect Amp
    Polk Audio Monitor 5 Series 2s with RD0198s, Mills resistors and Solen capacitors

I haven't seen a pic yet, but it I bet it sounds nice.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 843
    edited August 7
    DSkip wrote: »
    Is the weight of those amps balanced or lopsided? The biggest issue with handling the Evolution 845 is that almost all of that 120 lbs is in the back of the amp with the transformers. Handles would've been nice too.

I don't remember mine being lopsided so much as just being back-breaking heavy. I didn't or couldn't use the handles and I lifted from the bottom of the amp with one hand on the left rear corner and one on the right front corner. I had to use the same method once more to as I didn't trust the stands they were originally on.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,409
    edited August 7
    The GAS Ampzilla is an asymmetric load to pick up/carry/move. :blush:
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,904
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Sorry..... :/
    edited August 7
    lightman1 wrote: »

Well, fortunately, it's not like I dropped it or anything B)

but it's a beefy sumnabeej

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,091
    tonyb wrote: »
    ...AND THAT, my friends, is the glue that holds it all together. ^^^^^^^^

Yup. I've got more Polkies in my phone than everyone else combined, with a tight second being all my doctors lol...

Met Polkies in IN, IL, TX, IA, and maybe a few other places lol..... Shared a few beers and tunes with the same. All good people...

I've sold gear to Polkies nationwide, I've held gear for Polkies, and helped Polkies buy gear lol......

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,661
    lightman1 wrote: »

Well, fortunately, it's not like I dropped it or anything B)

but it's a beefy sumnabeej

Speaking of, Russ has decided that Ampzilla needs to be stored at his Midwestern warehouse in Iowa...right Russ? o:)
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    edited August 8
    36963474873_b243a3c6ae_b.jpgDSC_9702 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

We're talking Great Regular Flavor Ampzilla, not the A2k...
    the latter were monoblocks and (I'm guessing, here) probably pretty symmetrically laid out inside.

Her she is, from behind, after doffing her maillot ;) One may kind of get an idea of her asymmetry.
    Does this transformer make my chassis look big?

4esy7kqw1vbq.jpg
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,247
    Did a bit of a rebuild last night. I like it so far!
    zcz196m2us7z.jpg
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • halohalo Posts: 4,438
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    zcz196m2us7z.jpg

That's a ridiculously cool setup you have there Micah! I've been on this forum since '04 and I've never owned a pair of Polk Audio SDA speakers. You are cooking with gas!
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,247
    halo wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    zcz196m2us7z.jpg

That's a ridiculously cool setup you have there Micah! I've been on this forum since '04 and I've never owned a pair of Polk Audio SDA speakers. You are cooking with gas!

Thanks!

I’ve been having a bit of an issue with turntable rumble. :confused: But I've gotten it mostly taken care of, so that’ll hold me over til I get a subsonic filter. I may also get some isolation pads. :smile:
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,465
    halo wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    b3ej7p859cae.jpg

Musical Fatality?

Fixed to account for Jesse being UNdead...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• maxwardmaxward Posts: 166
    @DSkip I hope that you will soon share your thoughts about the new Aries G1. Just read/viewed the piece by John Darko.
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; Micromega Mydac
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R