Showcase your setups

Comments

• la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,966
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Gotta say..

Very glad to have all post here. This was half about showcase and half about bringing us all together in one thread. Thank You for sharing with me and others so I can start to get to know you guys.
    Proud to be a member of what seems to be a very warm and friendly forum.

Just don't drop the soap.... o:)

This helps to prevent accidents. 3s6xwfdhwm5f.png
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 3,259
    Here's what's going to keep me happy on this rainy Saturday here in Ct.
    xt02zfgunzla.jpg
    cx26mp47ocvs.jpg

That’ll do it!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 13,057
    WOW, nothing like being all lit up!!!!
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,120

Is that a Phase Linear in the corner?

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 851
    edited August 4

No it's a Mitsubishi M10 metered switch box. I use it to turn on and monitor the sub's input. It stays off 99% of the time as I've found the rig sounds better to me without a sub
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,530

... or is he just happy to see you?

ahem.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,603
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

... or is he just happy to see you?

ahem.

x1eohli2tj4g.png
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,156
    Sweet set up Motor. Love the glow.

Luther has one of the nicest set ups I've seen here over the years. He hasn't posted it in awhile so maybe look it up.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 1,787
    edited August 4
    Motorstereo. How many watts does each one of those mono block monster Macs pump to the SDA’s? Peace. Https://us.v-cdn.net/5021930/uploads/editor/9x/cx26mp47ocvs.jpgcv69hue6gm0p.jpeg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05

“Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Airplay355Airplay355 Posts: 4,272
    ^^^ That's gotta be one of my favorites right there. One day I hope to have something that awesome.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,480
    edited August 4
    If they're the MC601's, here's an ad for one with the specs. I think the pair is for that price. ;)

I'd like a pr. of them myself! :p
    https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis92jeb-mcintosh-mc601-solid-state

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 924
    xt02zfgunzla.jpg
    cx26mp47ocvs.jpg

Just Dayum
    I have the same finish on my 705’s. It’s beautiful right
    edited August 4
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Motorstereo. How many watts does each one of those mono block monster Macs pump to the SDA’s? Peace.

They're 1200 wpc per side (MC1201's) Perfect match for the 1.2tl's imo and I've yet to light up the power guard lights or even get them past room temperature. They recently replaced a pair of MC2500's which were 1000wpc bridged and a couple decades older
    tonyb wrote: »
    Sweet set up Motor. Love the glow.

Luther has one of the nicest set ups I've seen here over the years. He hasn't posted it in awhile so maybe look it up.

Thank you and yes I agree Wardsweb always has a great looking rig. I always enjoy looking at his current set up; neat, clean and always over the top imo.
    edited August 4
    Tony M wrote: »
    If they're the MC601's, here's an ad for one with the specs. I think the pair is for that price. ;)

No they're MC1201's https://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/428/index.html
    edited August 4

:o :o :o :o B) :p

I didn't know or forgot ( from a previous post of yours ) , sorry, that they made those that powerful.

I'm going to check out their stats and maybe a review in your link. Thanks for that. ;) NICE! B)

I just read the reviewer's take on them. Very IMPRESSIVE to say the least!!! B)
    Post edited by Tony M on
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,603
    Is there a stereo here somewhere? All I see is a temple built for George Jones, complete with prayer rug... any relation to Jim I wonder?

Jim Jones is grape Kool-Aid. George Jones is more Colorado Kool-Aid. Well....that, and maybe Jim Beam poured from a decanter that looks like Elvis into a Flintstone jelly-bean jar. :)
    xt02zfgunzla.jpg

Is there a stereo here somewhere? All I see is a temple built for George Jones, complete with prayer rug... any relation to Jim I wonder?

No temple, prayer rug and most thankfully nothing to do with the cult leader-mass murderer. The rug-blanket just happens to be the correct size. It does double duty as a room treatment and cover to hide some 7 gauge Pangea power cables and some equally fat MIT music hose speaker cables. Perhaps someday I'll find something different but until then old cig smoking GJ will be there to keep an eye on things.

I didn't know or forgot ( from a previous post of yours ) , sorry, that they made those that powerful.

I'm going to check out their stats and maybe a review in your link. Thanks for that. ;) NICE! B)

Thanks; they're also a back breaking 147lbs each that my 62 year old butt somehow managed to wrestle into place by myself. I've had them for about 6 months now and they still continue to impress with their synergy with the Polks. Baring an unforseen failure they'll be there as long as I'll be listening to music. They've stopped my thoughts of amp upgraditis just like the 1.2tl's stopped speaker upgraditis for me several years ago
    147lbs!??!
    Holy crap
    I thought the SVS was heavy

edited August 5

Thanks; they're also a back breaking 147lbs each that my 62 year old butt somehow managed to wrestle into place by myself. I've had them for about 6 months now and they still continue to impress with their synergy with the Polks. Baring an unforseen failure they'll be there as long as I'll be listening to music. They've stopped my thoughts of amp upgraditis just like the 1.2tl's stopped speaker upgraditis for me several years ago

I surely thought you had help! How in the world did you lift those amps up onto those tables? :o :# :s

How and why in the world do we still lift, wrestle and finagle stereo gear and speakers that can permanently injure us? :o

Where are all the people I helped out over the years? At least one of my old friends is back, living 5 blocks away now and willing to help when I want and when he can if not busy or out of town. :)
    I just walked two sets of 80Lb. speakers into my cottage in the last few months. :# I walked them up the stairs in front of it too. My friend helped me put one set on dollies a week ago. I was still week from some serious illness with many weird symptoms so we didn't do much else but listen to speaker sets. The big A/C window unit is fading after about 15+ years of great operation. A Kenmore well built one it is, soon to be was. So I got overheated after a while and we called it a day.

It's sooo nice to have a helping friend close by. ;)