Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Maybe it's an RSi:

The RSi is a limited 250 unit version of the New Beetle. It included a 224 PS (165 kW; 221 hp) 3.2-litre VR6 engine,[11] a 6-speed gearbox, and Volkswagen's four-wheel drive system 4motion, Remus twin-pipe exhaust. It was rumored Porsche tuned the suspension but the suspension tuning was actually carried out in-house at VW Individual. The suspension was greatly altered at the rear, with geometry more geared to the race track and a rear cross brace behind the rear seats, 80 mm (3.1 in) wider fenders, unique front and rear bumpers, a rear diffuser, large rear wing, and 18x9 OZ Superturismo wheels with 235/40ZR-18 tires. Inside, it was trimmed in carbon fiber, billet aluminum, and bright orange leather. The front seats were Recaro racing buckets. Notable disadvantages found were loud cabin noise and shorter rear tire life.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    ... Also why it has that rotation stopper there above the lights, ya know, to stop it from rolling onto its back. I've seen it a million times.
    Ayuh*.
    Bugs Beetles die just like entomologists**.
    mjx9j13s60ai.jpg
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    pwwu6rkc3eei.png
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    edited March 15
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    kyqiboaxlfmh.jpg
    (ASR)
    I mean, it does have Porshah weelz...

That could also just be for ease of wheeling it around in the garage to store up against a wall.

Also why it has that rotation stopper there above the lights, ya know, to stop it from rolling onto its back. I've seen it a million times.

Even stranger when you consider it's FWD.

Absolutely, the old VW's were rear wheel drive but yes the new version is FWD. Then again a wing for down force on a FWD car is hilarious 😂😂

Interesting Drew, AWD VW, boy I but that middle hump in the middle is kind of strange..

The old VW'S were great in the snow because the bottom pan under the car was smooth and would get on top of the snow and plane like snow skiing, my cousin had one he put chains on the rear tires boy was it fun hanging out with him in the winter when I was young. I do not ever remember getting stuck in it.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,924
    Options
    Stole this off Facebook..

3l0p99c54e73.jpg
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    67tdy5r6ptyy.jpg
    ...that you posted there after shooting it in the basement?

Twisted Sister, We're Not Gonna Take It, or Sammy Hagar, I Can't Drive 55. Thinking more seriously now, Def Leppard, Animal.

I was gonna add in a Celine Dion track as a joke, but it felt too wrong. Even for me.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,924
    Options
    67tdy5r6ptyy.jpg

Twisted Sister, We're Not Gonna Take It, or Sammy Hagar, I Can't Drive 55. Thinking more seriously now, Def Leppard, Animal.

I was gonna add in a Celine Dion track as a joke, but it felt too wrong. Even for me.

LOL! The vintage luggage looks more interesting than most of the speakers..
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,510
    Options
    No phasing problems there.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    67tdy5r6ptyy.jpg
    LOL! The vintage luggage looks more interesting than most of the speakers..
    I didn't even notice that as an upcycling idea for speaker stands/room treatments.
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,344
    Options
    No phasing problems there.

Definitely, no lobing issues either. He's got it goin' on!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    mukga1clju9b.png
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • SeleniumFalcon
    edited March 16
    Options
    He might have gone to a Dead concert? Or, worked in baggage handling at LAX? Or, worked as a roadie for the Dead?
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    For those who enjoy luggage and audio:

pglwios5uonk.png
  • mhardy6647
    Options
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    No big deal. I just wanted it for the lyric sheet.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    sometimes it's a Far Side cartoon, sometimes it's real life...
    055z3n6se1f7.jpeg
    (ASR)

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    OleBoot wrote: »
    kyqiboaxlfmh.jpg
    (ASR)
    I mean, it does have Porshah weelz...

That could also just be for ease of wheeling it around in the garage to store up against a wall.

Also why it has that rotation stopper there above the lights, ya know, to stop it from rolling onto its back. I've seen it a million times.

Even stranger when you consider it's FWD.

Absolutely, the old VW's were rear wheel drive but yes the new version is FWD. Then again a wing for down force on a FWD car is hilarious 😂😂

Interesting Drew, AWD VW, boy I but that middle hump in the middle is kind of strange..

The old VW'S were great in the snow because the bottom pan under the car was smooth and would get on top of the snow and plane like snow skiing, my cousin had one he put chains on the rear tires boy was it fun hanging out with him in the winter when I was young. I do not ever remember getting stuck in it.

Huh that's interesting.. My sister had one. The heater svcked & in a Maine snow storm you could turn the steering wheel right & the car would keep go straight. Especially braking lol. This was in 1970"s. She is older then me. I'd get way in the back in that little area & wonder if we we're gonna make it to where we were going. Standard tranny. IIRC. She loved it. Nice summer car. Then she got a Pacer & I refused to ride in it :D
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    53591978064_c70372dc44_b.jpgVOLKSWAGEN by PETERSHAGEN, on Flickr

Question . Was it VW that had the air line that went from the Windshield mechanism TO the Spare Tire ? Maybe I'm thinking vintage Subaru
    Randy/Maine
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options

3l0p99c54e73.jpg

Metallica "For Whom The Bell Tolls"
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    53591978064_c70372dc44_b.jpgVOLKSWAGEN by PETERSHAGEN, on Flickr

I had a GF many, many moons ago that had a VW bus. They are biggest POS ever.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    6yi9rz18b69f.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    Irush - "Moving Pitchers"

jixb07v8cjn2.jpg