Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,165
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    n6b39qgdnofu.jpg

The table that defies the laws of gravity.......that's what I'd tell my friends anyway.."Don't unhook it man, it'll float away"
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,638
    Options
    It definitely took labor time welding all those links. Impressive!
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    It definitely took labor time welding all those links. Impressive!

Right, definitely a labor of love......it's pretty cool indeed
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,528
    Options
    Comes with folded paper for uneven floors.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,113
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Comes with folded paper for uneven floors.
    I mean -- were it mine, I'd weld to fit, you know? :#

meanwhile, I saw this on over t' ASR this morning...
    xs30ua5nsuzy.jpg
    YMMV. In my case, it would say "FM TUNER" or "PAIR OF LOUDSPEAKERS", of course.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,522
    Options
    Found on local Facebook marketplace:

2665requriom.png
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 5
    Options
    You NEED those, @SeleniumFalcon
    B)

EDIT: Looks like MI drivers in those VOTs. :/
    Still, if the price were right...
    and, heck,maybe it's a pair of JBL D130s in there. ;) (but I'll bet it's something like a pair of Altec 418Bs or something along those lines).

Oh, and the R-O-K will always come in handy. I should do something with the one I have here, someday... :#

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,638
    Options
    Spiffy table!

Works of art Larry! Very very cool indeed.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,363
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

EDIT: Looks like MI drivers in those VOTs. :/

Check out these local VOP's! (Voice of Parties). :D

4ac8fmke44om.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    55ozit20xb51.jpeg

YaY, finally, a garage stool I can be proud of.....may I have mine with wheels please.....

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,522
    Options
    From the add:

Altec Lansing - voice of the theater speakers 808-8A and 801-8A Asking 500.00 obo they need to go.
    $500
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    The 808-8A is the treble driver.
    The horns themselves look to be 811B.
    Kinda puzzled by "801-8A"... umm... well, N801-8A is an 800 Hz crossover.
    No mention of the woofer, it appears. :(
    500 bucks for the pair... not unreasonable.
  • msg
    Options
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    55ozit20xb51.jpeg

YaY, finally, a garage stool I can be proud of.....may I have mine with wheels please.....

I'm not sure I'd trust that upper chain array. That hook looks like it means business.
    I disabled signatures.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,363
    Options
    c2o8n75128yg.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • msg
    Options
    If that thing doesn't have adjustable suspension it'll be crap for the zombie apocalypse.

Please forgive the pop culture cliche. I just started rewatching Fear The Walking Dead last night. Yes, because the rest of the streaming offerings as of late are dumb. And so are their UIs.

Ooh, but I did read an article today that said piracy is on the rise again. Yarrr!
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    edited February 5
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    msg wrote: »

The Internet is such an amazing place.
    I have never, ever seen a photo of any of these types of toy, assembled nor in pieces, so this is revelatory. It's actually less cheesy than I thought they were.
    Mind you, I remember seeing ads for these when they were first run.
    I can't believe it! I actually pointed Doc H. to something he hadn't seen already! Umpossible!

It was kinda neat seeing what they look like built. It's a little smaller than I expected, but still, a pretty cool vessel of imagination.

And there was a submarine version as well? Did you guys see those ads when you were kids?

I sent 50 cents off for the Tony Atlas workout plan once. Instead of workout plans, I received an envelope with a little bit of sand in it with a note that said, "Throw this in your own face and pretend I kicked it at you. Thanks for the 50 cents, sucker. Tony"

Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,100
    Options
    n9i7hg7p49mj.jpeg
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,348
    Options
    l6kq5qx1v4cp.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,460
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    l6kq5qx1v4cp.jpeg

I used to pick up the cop 440's for $100 (back in the day) No one knew they were special. They had a high nickel block and chrome moly rings so the bores were mint. I'd take them into my buddy at the speed shop who'd lighten the pistons, rods and crank (a secret method him and I came up with) that would make the rotating assembly super light and it would rap up crazy fast. Then I'd drop it into a Plymouth Duster with some fenderwell mods and some custom built motor mounts. We'd do 11 second 1/4 miles with pump gas on cars that we'd only spent a few grand on from start to finish. I used to call it Junk Yard Racing. Guys would spend tens of thousands of dollars on an engine and watch it blow up and literally cry. Miss those days.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus