m279fvayd8m5.jpeg
    verb wrote: »
    Verb’s basement rig!
    kyrt6md7a0r2.jpeg
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    fe7q5kcpddul.jpg
    59q71uhsfthw.jpg

More glow

I believe all 3 of those are Cary 05…. I might be wrong with verb. But that’s pretty crazy how many have this end game preamp.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    Here’s my tube glow for the night.
    As you can tell by the time, I’ve been listening for 5 hours.
    qvl32g2ic55n.jpeg
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III, while driving my one-owner RTA 15TLs ...

xgmgog7sfflw.jpg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Oldie but a goodie…
    0zw9czo3cc0h.jpeg
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Cary Audio SLI-80 HS

bcx4qfzvxml8.jpeg
  • SillyOldSod
    Options
    More light pollution.
    Thor Audio EL34 monoblocks in a couple photos with an Art Audio Carissa in the others. The Carissa came with an optional LUM pack, hence the blue glow. Cheating I know. Sue me.

aboa2ti54zs7.jpeg
    5au6e683sfch.jpeg
    rss4jg9ie6xi.jpeg
    g47xu1gvdqln.jpeg
    g70xfcxs1ykd.jpeg
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    Heck yeah, Carl!!! We gotta get our butts up there for a listen. I had to have been close over the holidays but that would have been bad timing.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    High Voltage.... LOVE IT!
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,601
    Options
    qd5nr4pdpf9b.jpeg

A bump to show off a trio of wonderful-sounding Tesla 12AU7s on loan from @pitdogg2.👍

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options
    6N6Gs in a little SE amp.
    4-ish wpc of triode goodness.

o357pkcvk3ix.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited January 9
    Options
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    6N6Gs in a little SE amp.
    4-ish wpc of triode goodness.

o357pkcvk3ix.jpg

Well, heck, ol' son -- you've got me scramblin' to an RCA manual to look that one up.
    Whoa. Dude. Very basic info was easy to find, but it was discontinued a long time ago! I had to chase all the way back to RC-14 (1942) to get the scoop on the tube's parameters (although the 6B5 is apparently electrically identical, with a 6-pin base).
    It's one of those pre-silicon integrated circuits ;) -- driver and power triodes, direct connected (with series resistance, by the looks of things), all in one package!
    I am always fascinated by vacuum tubes types like this one. :) There was some weird stuff in the early (ish) days.

epdgklc6cwv1.png

Most excellent.
    Lovely, too!
    :)
    Did you build it?

• tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    edited January 9
    Options
    Thank you.
    Yes, I built it.

The long story short is that I was given the 2 output transformers as a gift & they happen to be dead **** perfect for a 6F6 ( which *I* think are the best 6V6-iods out there) SEP.

Turns out they fit quite nicely with book values for this tube too.
    I've been having fun in retirement ;-)
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    hw2orow5ani4.png

Now we're talkin'.

Speakin' of Gates... my ol' man at the Gates console, ca. 1957 -- interviewing some priest in B-more. B)

gripqffmg2k1.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    JayMX wrote: »
    @mhardy6647, I figured this was a good place to update status on the old tube amp we chatted about a minute ago (ok it’s been a couple years, but I just recently approached the finish line…) This homemade stereo amp and power supply came to me EXTREMELY dirty and scary to power up. But after some serious cleanup, lots of research, some new caps, some spit and some polish, I’m proud to say she plays again! 🤘🏻

I suspect it’s probably been 50 years since it was fully operational. I actually found the schematic in an old Acrosound book! I believe we have an adaptation of the Williamson Ultralinear configuration and she sounds pretty darn sweet. 😁

I still don’t know much about tube gear… but this one was a fun little restoration project.

wdh654839cgd.jpeg
    261le4on5qwz.jpeg
    yb6qo8nlmxmz.jpeg
    1kcxob2f5fm2.jpeg
    ucqfxrtoz8et.jpeg
    k26uznn6ctos.jpeg
    sedx4r40f8t0.jpeg

Most excellent. :D
    Heck, I've got unfinished projects here that are old enough to vote... or drink.
    Soon, I'll have 'em that are eligible for Medicare, I reckon. :/

Congratulations on bring yours to the finish line!!!
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Are those output tubes really redplating? If so... that's not so good. :(
    The 5U4 also looks like it's ablaze -- I hope that, too, is a photographic artifact.
    If not -- something's definitely not right.
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 435
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Are those output tubes really redplating?
    Yeah probably… they asked to see tube glow after all…. 🔥

It does run really hot, hotter than I expected. I’ll check bias voltage and see where it’s set... it also might be that the tubes are shot and/or not matched and/or something else is wrong. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know just enough to be dangerous, If they start sparking, I’ll shut ‘er down. 😁
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    Great job on the restore, regardless if you have a tube issue or not!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,874
    Options
    n1oeeeftghgd.jpg
    giatpr4ep7qe.jpg
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    be84pvqfkcg7.jpg

That's a pretty fancy vacuum sweeper you have there!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    maxward wrote: »
    6pr1e9cf4f5l.jpeg

That’s a beaut!
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Thanks, @jbreezy5 . The Eastern Electric was the result of downsizing from a Joule preamp and Odyssey Khartago monos.