Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,510
    edited October 2023
    Options
    ^ That way you wouldn't loose your place at the bar when things were crowded. Back then the "mens" was probably in an outhouse in the back. Plus the bar keep spat in the beer mugs and wiped with a bar rag to get those troublesome smudges off. Ah, the good ole days!
    The combination of the urine trough, cheap cigars, limited personal hygiene and kerosene lamp smell must have added to the ambience.

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    Back in the early 80's we lived in Aurora, IL. There was a stand-up bar nearby the house, can't recall the name. No women allowed as it reduced bar fights and there were no bar stools. If you couldn't stand you didn't drink.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    edited October 2023
    Options
    In the early 80’s I lived in NJ. One Saturday I was with my buddy and his dad, and We were drinking all day at his uncles bar in Chester. On the way home we stopped at this little bar in the middle of nowhere,called the River Styx. The entire bar had a dirt floor.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    But....if you transfer $4,500.00 today to cover his cost to ship all that money to you? It's all yours!

Not to fret. I still know how to contact him. My nominal fee is only 1.6K. Chump change after you get your money! PM me for more details...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    mlf455at3vvd.png

Saw that on ASR. I've encountered it before someplace (heck, maybe earlier in this very thread) but its wry understatement made me chuckle, so I figured I'd share. B)
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Chattanooga Motorcar Festival!

nldrc8kuyh1m.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    d582uihxjdng.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    jbaizhlnbznz.jpeg
    e2pvy8if9xs3.jpeg
    l8w0myo9ch20.jpeg
    Brian

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,136
    Options
    @mhardy6647 - Coincidence, synchronicity, happenstance? Just stumbled upon this in my normal morning aimless browsing session.

yrtr7mwvc1az.png
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    imrqr0aqhz5l.jpeg
    kdo35cy3eii5.jpeg
    5oryf6k8roig.jpeg
    lwonm97b4b2h.jpeg
    krozt9w22isz.jpeg
    lrylhuyar7yf.jpeg
    uelpi6vy3vas.jpeg
    50832rtehjrg.jpeg
    ujtl8ovweopa.jpeg
    Brian

• charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    Options
    Good shots Brian, keep em coming!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Hey guys, need some advice. Which one of these would you go with as the most professional looking avatar to use in Microsoft Teams for work? Something that'll really impress the bosses.
    bgnxcpaswh8s.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Check out the Highway to Help Brian Johnson race car. The orange 911S is a friend of a friend’s. Showing it at the.Concours D’elegance on Sunday. Took second in its class two years ago.

ekutsnjdrch4.jpeg
    gvz3l4j19s55.jpeg
    gaornkwe3lrd.jpeg
    jej6yeexwufz.jpeg
    oflejn8pdsrf.jpeg
    y2wjy2i7k9as.jpeg
    0b1jqujb95om.jpeg
    xofcoohdujb7.jpeg
    Brian

• mhardy6647
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    @mhardy6647 - Coincidence, synchronicity, happenstance? Just stumbled upon this in my normal morning aimless browsing session.

yrtr7mwvc1az.png

I figured there was a back story -- but the image was story enough.
    It was a nice plane, too -- a Piper Comanache.
    If the arrows were removed, and if it were flightworthy, it would, presumably whistle when it flew.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Therefore, presumably, alerting any deer in its path. Well, maybe reindeer.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,522
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @bcwsrt Your friend’s buddy’s Porsche is very, very nice. I wonder what it is worth these days.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    At the party who you hoping to take home?

h6bvpacvj4sj.jpeg

Silly question. All of them!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Harry Nilsson, Me and My Arrow(s) just popped into my head.

Hey its that Wayne Carini guy!

bcwsrt wrote: »
    lwonm97b4b2h.jpeg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,136
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    OleBoot wrote: »

yrtr7mwvc1az.png

I figured there was a back story -- but the image was story enough.
    It was a nice plane, too -- a Piper Comanache.
    If the arrows were removed, and if it were flightworthy, it would, presumably whistle when it flew.

When it flew towards the Gates of Dawn? As long as it's not a (bag)Piper.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Harry Nilsson, Me and My Arrow(s) just popped into my head.

Hey its that Wayne Carini guy!

bcwsrt wrote: »
    lwonm97b4b2h.jpeg

Yes, it is. And the other pic with peeps in it has Chip Foose in the center.

The Concours D’Elegance on Sunday supposedly has John Oates as a judge. He’s a well-known Porsche fanatic.

Brian

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    Lightning ⚡ ⚡ ⚡ rods.....
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Just for you!

Brian

• mhardy6647
    Options
    Our across the street (and up the hill) neigbor sent Mrs. H a photo she took this morning of the valley fog (and our house).

n6lzuv4tce5l.jpg

We had our first autumn frost this morning :/
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    30's in Maine last night as well.
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    780 lbs tagged. Son in law & friend up near Moosehead Lake area here in Maine on Monday.
    Randy/Maine