Inflation

Options

Comments

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,095
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    As for the TruFuel, the price here has been $20 a gallon and has not increased or decreased in 4 yrs.

you should jump on a few containers at that price

I play the game where I use gas 'n oil throughout most of the season, then guesstimate my last tankful of the season.and then I run with TruFuel in my line trimmer and chain saw.

Pricing around here is similar to Aprazer402 . . . That's 10 clams more than the last time I bought the stuff 2-3 yrs ago
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,110
    Options
    So is the largest portion of the inflated price increases seen in most commodities and items, higher transportation costs that each part of the manufacturing-distribution-retail chain has to incur and past along?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,637
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    As for the TruFuel, the price here has been $20 a gallon and has not increased or decreased in 4 yrs.

you should jump on a few containers at that price.

No dice amigo, I buy non-ethanol 95 octane and mix my own with Echo Red armour oil. Still cheaper yet!
    B)

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,125
    Options
    Man you guys take this serious! In my weed eater, I add oil and gas.. If the exhaust is smoking i add less oil and more gas next time 😂
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,109
    edited July 2023
    Options
    well... anyone using a 2-cycle engine has probably learned the hard way that mixing EtOH containing gas and oil is just asking for trouble unless the engine's run very, very regularly (daily) or one scrupulously runs the engine dry every time one's finished with it. :(

I use EtOH-free gasoline (which several stations around here carry) for the four-stroke small engines around here. Unfortunately, even using that stuff, the shelf life of DIY premixed two-stroke fuel is... not great. I have only one two-stroke I use even close to regularly (brushcutter). I decided that the storebought, premixed stuff is a great deal. It seems to hold up very well and work very reliably.

PS I freaking hate two-stroke engines. :#

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,110
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMVO_5w53Ok

You gotta love the sound of the old Jimmy two-stroke diesels.

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,459
    Options
    Always add Startron fuel treatment to your gas/ oil mix and it'll keep for 2 years.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Always add Startron fuel treatment to your gas/ oil mix and it'll keep for 2 years.

Most if not all 2stroke oil additive already has fuel treatment. My small engine repair guy "advised" me to not add stable fuel additives if I wanted my gear to last.
    I only use less than 3gal a summer, at the end of summer use any extra goes into the car or truck before a fill up.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,862
    Options
    I gave up on 2 cycle weed whackers years ago, went battery powered and never looked back.

I use only TruFuel gasoline in my snow blower though.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 887
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I gave up on 2 cycle weed whackers years ago, went battery powered and never looked back.

Same here. Ryobi. It's more powerful than any 2-stroke wacker I've used too.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,715
    Options
    ChrisD06 wrote: »
    2-stroke wacker.

Hey! Watch your language.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,109
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

"Planning" to do the same. I have one of those Swiss army knife ("Expand-It") Ryobis with a few attachments, for which I swapped a brand new electric one to my son-in-law. The old attachments fit the new battery-powered units and vice versa. I get tired enough of cajoling the 2-stroke to start that I will eventually get a battery powered one, too and be done with it.
    They are somewhat expensive, though (talking about inflation) ;)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-40V-Expand-It-Cordless-Battery-Attachment-Capable-String-Trimmer-with-4-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-RY40250/307663070

actually, it's 30 bucks off at the moment. hmm...
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 887
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    ChrisD06 wrote: »
    2-stroke wacker.

Hey! Watch your language.

This gave me a good chuckle, thank you.
  • GlennDog
    Options
    No dice amigo, I buy non-ethanol 95 octane and mix my own with Echo Red armour oil. Still cheaper yet!

Don’t know where to buy that in these parts ?? It’s not blatantly advertised … prolly for good reason
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Always add Sea Foam fuel treatment to your gas/ oil mix and it'll keep for 2 years.

Fixed it
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,886
    Options
    My weed Wacker, blower and angle grinder are Ryobi. Never looked back.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,054
    Options
    A few years I did a major upgrade on my cordless tools and it all started right here on the Polk forum, My craftsman 19.2v cordless tools weren't cutting it anymore so I bought some kobalt 24v tools and batteries from a polk member (forget who) from the polk classifieds. This morning I added some more to the ever growing 24v collection and brought home a 2nd 24v jobsite radio. Best part is both radios were free with a 2 battery purchase. I now have tws (true wireless stereo) which is quite an upgrade over the single mono unit.
    v6cmwyxklsi1.jpg
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,966
    Options
    Went to corded, electric chain saws awhile back to cut small to medium stuff. One was from Aldi and works like a charm. Also, believe it or not never cut the power cord....yet LOL.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »

you should jump on a few containers at that price
    I guess it finally went up.

t6qhum388b21.jpg

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,733
    Options
    Inflation mitigation...

bmt22malpfhg.jpg
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Went to corded, electric chain saws awhile back to cut small to medium stuff. One was from Aldi and works like a charm. Also, believe it or not never cut the power cord....yet LOL.

P!ss on electric and p!ss on climate change. Ima gonna continue cooking with gas.

8fizolauwzda.jpg

Any objections?
  • odcics2
    odcics2 Posts: 309
    Options
    Best recent invention ever.
    By the time it runs out of juice, so have I.
    9s2h041a3yue.jpeg
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,886
    Options
    odcics2 wrote: »
    Best recent invention ever.
    By the time it runs out of juice, so have I.
    9s2h041a3yue.jpeg

But does it have built-in Alexa?
  • Viking64
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

Alexa, dismember that girl that can't run more than 15 feet without falling.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options

Hmmm, you might be on to something here.

Alexa, who's cocaine was that's?
  • Viking64
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »

Hmmm, you might be on to something here.

Alexa, who's cocaine was that's?

I may have been out of line there earlier.

I was applying stereotypical slasher film tropes to the chainsaw massacre genre. Although one could argue that there is a fair amount of crossover between the two, do some aspects purely reside in one world and not the other? And how do virtual assistant technologies impact these dynamics when they are drawn into this groundbreaking science fiction realm?

And why didn't Mr. Ziffel ever ask Oliver Wendall Douglas to drive Arnold the pig to archery practice at the Hooterville bowling alley and sheep-shearing pavilion?
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,054
    edited July 2023
    Options
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,862
    Options
    ]
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,630
    Options
    |
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM