Inflation

Options

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    //////\\\\\
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    //////\\\\\

Took the words right out of my mouth...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    《₩》
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    (.) (.)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    øυκ
    It's all Greek to me.

• Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    edited July 2023
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    (.) (.)

( . ) ( . )

I like (_|_}s and I cannot lie!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Is that a vacuum sealer? I've been meanIng to get one of those for years.
    xschop wrote: »
    Inflation mitigation...
    xnqbwghzw8p8.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    LOL might as well be. My wife's soundbar she got for Christmas from her dad. My soundbar wasn't practical there...
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • msg
    Options
    Lol, I did think it peculiar that the bags are ziploc... I just thought maybe it was some special sealer that worked with regular bags or something.

Is that all from a garden? As I've shared with @mhardy6647, my garden is sucking this year.

If home grown, how do you manage insect/pest control? My first 3 or 4 years 10yrs ago were pretty great, aside from peppers and squash, which always got wrecked by worms worms or caterpillars.

The past few years, it's been a bit swampy in the summers, and now have stink bugs hanging around the garden, as well as Japanese beetles. I'm about to spin up the bi-plane and cropdust, and I don't mean the kind @pitdogg2 lets loose in the grocery store. Though that'd prob do the job as well... I don't know. I don't wanna kill *everything*.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
  • xschop
    edited July 2023
    Options
    My neighbors garden. We trade. Ive got cantelopes and squash, long carrots, some small lettuce heads, multi-colored peppers (From Aldi seeds no doubt) and steak tomatoes (damn tasty too)
    I followed her suit and planted sunflowers and put out a bird feeder. The bugs are kept at bay by nature. Now the rabbits need a good flogging.
  • msg
    Options
    That's what I did with sunflowers. I think I need to get a squirrel feeder next, to protect the sunflowers, but concerned it may signal the opening of a buffet.

Do you guys have the sunflowers mixed in with the vegetables, or elsewhere?

I thought I could make friends with the rabbits. Didn't chase them off, talked to them, said good morning, asked when the family was arriving, etc.

I asked whether they were getting enough to eat, were there areas I should let the clover grow longer, etc. No response.

They saw me working hard out there, and, seeing no destruction, I even let them use the shade of the plants in the raised boxes during the days. I thought we had an unspoken understanding, an arrangement.

Recently, they've gone too far. Dug a warren in the wildflower box. Twice. Then abandoned it. And I just realized they're the reason one of my vegetable boxes hasn't taken off - they ate half the shoots - just the good stuff! Little buck-toothed buggers.

And then, last week, one of them had the nerve to hop up to the sunflower bed while I was out there. Maybe 10ft away, stared me down for about 15 seconds, then proceeded to chomp down one of the new plant shoots, looking me dead in the eye, the whole time.

So now, the fences have gone up. I'm thinking, paintball or Airsoft?
    I disabled signatures.
  • xschop
    edited July 2023
    Options
    High FPS pellets
    Silent but violent.
  • treitz3
    Options
    We gave up on the garden a while back. Too much BS with the animals benefiting from the fruits of our labor. We will be getting a greenhouse.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • msg
    Options
    I'm using parts and materials this guy Dave manufactures for building hoop houses. He makes the hoop bending tools, and carries UV resistant sheeting, connectors, etc. He's got a gable design model as well, I think.

https://www.buildmyowngreenhouse.com
    I disabled signatures.
  • xschop
    Options
    The new rabbit chaser edition is catching right on....

z8ybi2zftand.jpg

• treitz3
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    I'm using parts and materials this guy Dave manufactures for building hoop houses. He makes the hoop bending tools, and carries UV resistant sheeting, connectors, etc. He's got a gable design model as well, I think.

Maybe we should start a new thread for this, instead of F'n up this one....

Tom
  • xschop
    edited July 2023
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom

Nah.... Inflation fighting garden chili is right on topic....

1ezt9vpnx9w6.jpg

• msg
    edited July 2023
    Options
    cool dog, what kind? Is that a doodle-dog?
    buddy's daughter in-law got a cockadoodlepoo or whatever it's called. friggin' heartbreaker, that little dog - full of curiosity, mischief, and attitude. reminded me of the cheeky wee ever-athletic English Cocker Spaniel my parents got from a shelter in TX that had long curly reddish blonde hair/fur.
    The new rabbit chaser edition is catching right on....
    qogjse0nbjyg.png
    dang! that looks good.
    chili question - beans and meat or no beans?
    aren't there laws about this sort of thing?
    Inflation fighting garden chili....
    quoe68ixh5fx.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • xschop
    Options
    Puppy golden-doodle. Ground turkey for the low HDL. I think I need a Tums.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Ground turkey for the low HDL. I think I need a Tums.
    Jesus! You might as well had just used tofu....
    🤔😉

• ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options

Tom

Nah.... Inflation fighting garden chili is right on topic....

1ezt9vpnx9w6.jpg

God DAMNIT what is it with me browsing the internet today??? I've just been getting BOMBARDED with photos of absolutely delicious looking food and now I want some chili.

Shame it's midnight now... never stopped me before though.
  • treitz3
    Options
    ze205mrtkms3.png

Seriously though.....during COVID, the wife and I were eyeing a canvas tent for when we go camping, as our old family tent is crumbling apart in areas from old age (it's over 50 years old at this point). Back then, they were expensive and we knew that they would be but we knew what a value they were for the long run.

Fast forward to today, that same "expensive" tent now sells for over $1,200.00!!! Just 2 years ago, the very same tent was only a tad bit over $800.00. What in tarnation!?!???

The only reason we didn't get a tent back then, is they were all sold out or "unavailable". No matter where we looked for them. Now, they are plentiful but damn. A 50% increase? Seriously?

Tom
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    ze205mrtkms3.png

Seriously though.....during COVID, the wife and I were eyeing a canvas tent for when we go camping, as our old family tent is crumbling apart in areas from old age (it's over 50 years old at this point). Back then, they were expensive and we knew that they would be but we knew what a value they were for the long run.

Fast forward to today, that same "expensive" tent now sells for over $1,200.00!!! Just 2 years ago, the very same tent was only a tad bit over $800.00. What in tarnation!?!???

The only reason we didn't get a tent back then, is they were all sold out or "unavailable". No matter where we looked for them. Now, they are plentiful but damn. A 50% increase? Seriously?

Tom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMG-Mi9I0-k
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Smoke and mirrors...and this will be touted this week congratulating, our economy.... :D:D:D ... :'(

No mention that we are not buying more, just spending more and getting less due to inflation.
    Even the inflation figures is a spin. The inflation rate does not include cost of transportation just the hike of the CoG's sold.
    (Reuters) -Deep discounts on everything from beauty products and toys to electronics have enticed U.S. shoppers to splurge on Christmas purchases and ring in a record $12.4 billion in Cyber Monday sales online, data from Adobe Analytics showed on Tuesday.

Online consumer spending jumped 9.6% on Monday from the $11.3 billion seen last year, outstripping Adobe's initial expectations for a 6.1% rise to $12 billion.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-cyber-monday-sales-hit-134249169.html
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • xschop
    Options
    Half that online crap will be returned and I'd put a C-note on the 9.6% increase in spending was actually the price increase due to..... inflation.
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    They keep gaslighting us that "Inflation is down" when everyone that knows anything about that knows it is a year over year percentage increase still, so what if that number has gone down a bit. The price of goods and services is still on the rise and affordability is still decreasing. Amazing how few talking heads make that clear to people.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform