Comments

• Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    Ain't building back better great?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    Just bought a new battery for my Jeep. 2019 price $59.94 today $179.99. AND it's made it China. Not US or Mexico. :s
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Inflation equals devaluation. The fed needs a Yelp review.
    Happy Easter
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Jazzhead
    Jazzhead Posts: 525
    Options
    I need new batteries and tires for my camper... have you seen the price of tires?
    Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
    Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
    D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    Nope...but I am about to find out. 4 new shoes on the ol' Chevy was $1,200. I am expecting it to be 1.5K this go around.

Minimum.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Jazzhead
    Jazzhead Posts: 525
    Options
    Yes, I'm glad I did the pickup a few years ago.
    Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
    Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
    D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    Jazzhead wrote: »
    I need new batteries and tires for my camper... have you seen the price of tires?

Trailer Parts Superstore… last yr I shopped the crap our tires and rims for my snowmobile trailer. At the time they had the best prices… You might wanna check them out
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    Next month I'm going to see George Thorogood and 38 Special. $180 for 2 tickets and they're not the best seats in the house either. Being that I haven't seen a live performance in over 10 years I think it was time. Thank God these bands are fossils as I can't imagine what the ticket prices for a current popular band must fetch.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    I’ve pretty much given up on live concerts due to the extravagant costs, and I’ve seen literally hundreds and hundreds of concerts over the years. I am going to see Hot Tuna acoustic next week but it’s $50 for 12th row center in a small venue. I’m done with these multi-hundred dollar tickets. Plus, the crowds have become less and less respectful and knowledgeable. I have absolutely no interest in professional sports, it’s just an “event” for many and too many amateur drunks with profane mouths.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,052
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Ysterday I bought a 6 foot length of 3/4 inch galvanized pipe and a 3/4 inch flange to use for mounting a new bluebird nest (better late than never, I hope!). Nearly Forty bucks.

Whillikers. :#

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    Next month I'm going to see George Thorogood and 38 Special. $180 for 2 tickets and they're not the best seats in the house either. Being that I haven't seen a live performance in over 10 years I think it was time. Thank God these bands are fossils as I can't imagine what the ticket prices for a current popular band must fetch.

We saw .38 special last year at a cozy little amphitheater (2,000 capacity) close to home for $40/ticket. We were also lucky enough to see America and Kansas for the same price. This year's line-up is a bit thin, and I think we will only be seeing Little River Band. I love that these old bands are still touring - I'm very proud that my 16-year-old daughter loves these groups, and not the trash that passes for music currently...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Ysterday I bought a 6 foot length of 3/4 inch galvanized pipe and a 3/4 inch flange to use for mounting a new bluebird nest (better late than never, I hope!). Nearly Forty bucks.
    Whillikers. :#
    Speaking of galvanized pipe - I was looking to build some small greenhouse hoops, and saw a good recommendation to use 1/2" or 3/4" EMT instead of PVC so it lasts longer and is about the same price. Write-ups I saw talked about 10ft EMT conduit being a couple of bucks. Not around here!
    I disabled signatures.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Sadly, the fees from booking services are huge. Why does booking
    A ticket cost that much? I hate ticketmaster.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »

We saw .38 special last year at a cozy little amphitheater (2,000 capacity) close to home for $40/ticket. We were also lucky enough to see America and Kansas for the same price. This year's line-up is a bit thin, and I think we will only be seeing Little River Band. I love that these old bands are still touring - I'm very proud that my 16-year-old daughter loves these groups, and not the trash that passes for music currently...

I guess I should've waited a little longer before posting I was going. I check my email tonight and see that the show has been cancelled and I'm being issued a refund. Didn't give a reason why and doesn't say if it's been rescheduled. Oh well.
    Glad to hear your daughter has good taste in music. I really wish I could say the same about my kids
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    @msg's spirit animal is back this evening. B);)

52810653366_f352ee1284_b.jpg

52810653461_8ca8dfecab_b.jpg

Not a cardinal in sight, thankfully. :#

It was neary 70 degrees today here. The bearsies will be out any moment. :p Yay...

• mhardy6647
    Options
    Sorry! I have NO IDEA why, or (truth be told HOW) I managed to post the above in this thread.

My apologies -- it was meant for Post a photo... (of course).

:p:#:blush:
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    This is what I meant to post to this thread:
    The USPS is planning to raise the price of a first class stamp again: from (IIRC) 63 to 66 cents.
    The price of a first class stamp is up thirty-two percent since 2019. :#

Yowza!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Unfortunately USPS is so dysfunctional and wasteful it's incredible. I ordered some tubes they were in Nevada, USPS flew them to Ohio, now they've made 4 stops to different Ohio USPS locations in the last 4days. Today they are on their way to Indiana. Mind you I'm in Illinois sooo lets fly past the main hub in St. louis Mo. or Champaign Il. to Ohio and work our way back while seeing the Ohio river valley 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️.

Honestly at this point I'm not sure they will not see Kentucky and Missouri before coming back to Illinois.
    Soooo dysfunctional!!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,103
    Options
    Last concert I paid to see was Andrea Boccelli 6 years ago at the Hollywood Bowl… 400 bucks. Prior to that, Garth Brooks, second row, center stage… $22.50 each, all fees paid.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Unfortunately USPS is so dysfunctional and wasteful it's incredible. I ordered some tubes they were in Nevada, USPS flew them to Ohio, now they've made 4 stops to different Ohio USPS locations in the last 4days. Today they are on their way to Indiana. Mind you I'm in Illinois sooo lets fly past the main hub in St. louis Mo. or Champaign Il. to Ohio and work our way back while seeing the Ohio river valley 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️.

Honestly at this point I'm not sure they will not see Kentucky and Missouri before coming back to Illinois.
    Soooo dysfunctional!!

I once ordered something to ship to me here in CA from Des Moines, IA and USPS sent it to PUERTO RICO first:
    zy1ok27tiyii.png
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    This is happening to all carriers not just USPS. Same thing happened with me from Fed Ex just recently. Went east first then north within two hours of me and tracking said to be delivered that day then instead suddenly south to Chicago then all around and it took a week to get it.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I once ordered something to ship to me here in CA from Des Moines, IA and USPS sent it to PUERTO RICO first:
    zy1ok27tiyii.png

I suspect if you lived in Puerto Rico the Des Moines post office would have sent the package to California first. It's pretty impressive the system shows it got from Des Moines to PR in 8.5 hours travel time. It's not easy for a person to do that.

:)

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    My Aussiedoggieis up in years and having trouble getting into the CR-V, so I was going to build her a folding ramp. After pricing the parts it was cheaper to buy a new one. I was planning on adding onto our 1 car garage this year but fear I'll drop over at the price of that!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Nope...but I am about to find out. 4 new shoes on the ol' Chevy was $1,200. I am expecting it to be 1.5K this go around.

Minimum.

Tom

Just bought 4 Pirelli scorpion as plus 3 for our MDX, 1456.78. big gulp and not the ones from 7-11
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    We saw .38 special last year at a cozy little amphitheater (2,000 capacity) close to home for $40/ticket.

Lucky you! I love small venue concerts and 38 Special is one of the few vintage rock bands that still play exceptionally well.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    Kids birthday party was $700 just to book it. Up from $350 last year. Crazy. Ended up not booking it just because I thought it was excessive. And that’s without food, likely $1500 all in. The dollar definitely doesn’t go too far now
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    Options
    About 2 years ago I purchased a real nice office chair for 500.00 because of back issues. Same chair today goes for 650.00....geesh.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    Anyone priced a water heater lately…?
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,103
    Options
    99 cent a year ago Mexican Cokes were 3 bucks each today…
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    Guys inflation is only like 5 to 10%... Not sure where you are saying these 100% plus price changes... They simply don't exist...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.