Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    My prediction above was correct close game and the Chiefs won it by 3. Game was entertaining.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    What a game!!!!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I was on the fence on who to root for until the Chiefs ran on the field and the Eagles fans all booo'd loudly. Childish IMHO.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    edited February 2023
    🏈Football is not rigged ! Just ask the Resident as soon as He puts down his I Scream cone i🍦 😂
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Refs had to weigh in on the outcome. That flag should not have been thrown. Lame call especially at the end of the Super Bowl

The refs also blew a pass interference call on the Eagles so this "weak" holding call might sit better with some.

Was a good game though.

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    I like seeing someone play through adversity and proving the armchair 2 touchdown win experts wrong. Congrats to the Super Bowl Champ Chiefs on an entertaining game and thanks to Rianna for giving Mahome's battered ankle a nice rest at halftime.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    I just wanna point out that when Lurie fired Reid for non-performance and blamed him for the dismal records two years in a row (like The Iggles inability to retain top talent and keep them healthy didn't matter), Iggles fans all said Reid was a hack that would never win a Super Bowl.

Since then, Reid has been to 3 Super Bowls, won two of them and one of those wins was against the team that said he was a hack and would never win a Super Bowl.

Go birds!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    I told everyone at the Superbowl party we were at that the key to the game would be if the Eagles defensive line could get to Mahomes. They couldn't, not one sack which surprised me. That's the only way to beat him.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    It looks like Shak stopped at Walmart on his way to the game & bought them all their uniforms. They were horrible. LOL!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • So glad I didn’t watch one second of the game !
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    abtilk2x01gp.gif

Maan, you guys better stop clowning RiRi LOL! So many viral memes....and all on the internet asking if she is pregnant. Pretty brave stuff, especially given the confirmation.

AP-Super-Bowl-Football-2.jpg?resize=1024,683

41739e2133b70da00d43bfb18de31d68

Foz46uYaUAIf4TM?format=jpg&name=large

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Very happy I didn't see that xxxx show.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• WLDock
    edited February 2023
    What, you guys don't like RiRi? :D HaHa! Rather one liked it or not it was a pretty big deal.

1) Apple Music's first sponsored show
    2) Rihanna sang 12 songs in 13-14 minutes
    2) Announced her pregnancy
    3) Promoted her Fenty product line.
    4) 800 paid production, support, dancers, band, etc. crew were involved
    5) The floating platforms were a first and some called it the most technically advanced Super Bowl halftime show ever. The way the set was designed (light weight transport carts with special turf tires, floating platforms stored in the rafters, etc.) it created less of an impact and damage to the turf. This may be the way of the future and a requirement by the NFL in stadiums with living turf. As we all saw, the playing field was not very durable.

It goes without saying that not everyone is going to like every show.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • CoolJazz
    CoolJazz Posts: 569
    I'm just wandering the Phoenix area bio-hazard labs have gotten their suits back yet....

Amazed that neither D got a sack. I was sure that'd be what determined the outcome. And I had confidence the Chiefs would get there and the Eagles year suggested they would too. The turn around of the Chefs O-line from the beatdown last (SB) time to this time was remarkable.

Badly twisted an ankle a few years ago and the recovery time was not quick! In the two weeks time I could hardly make my way up and down steps at home. It was still all kinds of bright colors and very swollen for longer than that. Can't image running, twisting like that. Amazing!

Go Chefs!

A so called science type proudly says... "I do realize that I would fool myself all the time, about listening conclusions and many other observations, if I did listen before buying. That’s why I don’t, I bought all of my current gear based on technical parameters alone, such as specs and measurements."
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    WLDock wrote: »
    What, you guys don't like RiRi? :D HaHa! Rather one liked it or not it was a pretty big deal.

1) Apple Music's first sponsored show
    2) Rihanna sang 12 songs in 13-14 minutes
    2) Announced her pregnancy
    3) Promoted her Fenty product line.
    4) 800 paid production, support, dancers, band, etc. crew were involved
    5) The floating platforms were a first and some called it the most technically advanced Super Bowl halftime show ever. The way the set was designed (light weight transport carts with special turf tires, floating platforms stored in the rafters, etc.) it created less of an impact and damage to the turf. This may be the way of the future and a requirement by the NFL in stadiums with living turf. As we all saw, the playing field was not very durable.

It goes without saying that not everyone is going to like every show.

You’re being serious, aren’t you? I thought you were joking in your prior post….
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• I didn't watch any of the SB but regarding the half time show:
    What ? No flying space .monkegs ? 🐒

Sal Palooza
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    I opted for the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    os6oxlve10tu.jpeg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • WLDock
    daddyjt wrote: »

You’re being serious, aren’t you? I thought you were joking in your prior post….
    Oh we can joke about the designer bubble suits all were wearing. However, I don't dislike Rihanna like some here, not that she's a favorite or anything. I like some of her songs.

Anyway, I don't always despise halftimes and I appreciate the production and the fact that these artists do the halftime for free. They have to make it count for something and she did that. Maybe, its my music background and the fact that I've played in several regular and bowl game halftimes, with the Rose Bowl being the largest. I don't know?
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    edited January 14
    Cowboys are taking a beating at home!
    No superbowl again this year Jerrah...
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited January 14
    I hope they fire Mike, they were out coached and out played on both sides of the ball. Terrible game plan by the coaches.

They wouldn't have beat the 49ers anyway this year.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    SKUNKED at home, not acceptable...congrats to GB and the cheeseheads
    Texans will likely not go deep, but at least they are playing with enthusiasm and fire.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,116
    I had my picture taken with Chuck Howley when I was just a little boy....been a cowboys fan since....not an easy task when the cowboys are the most hated team in America and they continue to suck the splinters out of the fence post year after year.....but, I continue to wear my Bullet Bob Hayes #22, Roger Staubach #12 and Tony Dorsett #33 jerseys in hopes of a long awaited miracle.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • la2vegas
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    I had my picture taken with Chuck Howley when I was just a little boy....been a cowboys fan since....not an easy task when the cowboys are the most hated team in America and they continue to suck the splinters out of the fence post year after year.....but, I continue to wear my Bullet Bob Hayes #22, Roger Staubach #12 and Tony Dorsett #33 jerseys in hopes of a long awaited miracle.

I feel your pain...

In the Cowboys defense they typically have some really good teams in the regular season. Although this isn't worth a hill of beans when it comes to bringing a trophy to town. Frustrating none the less.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The Cowpokes can suck it…. Your pain is nothing compared to that of a Vikings fan.

Life is much better since I stopped caring about football.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    The Vikings still play football? I was under the impression they were a lawn hockey team now....
  • la2vegas
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    The Vikings still play football? I was under the impression they were a lawn hockey team now....

They lost their edge when they came in doors. Now all they have is some guy with a loud bullhorn. 😄