The Grande Utopia Project

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Thanks guys!

I will have to look up the artist and get back to you

These don't need diffraction pads, I tried them initially and quickly removed , hard to tell in the photo but the main baffle is rounded versus flat
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Yeah, I can confirm that Trey does not need anti-diffraction pads on his speakers. The image great without them and while I never heard his speakers with them on? I have a feeling that they would actually be a detriment and not an attribute.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Side note, I most likely wouldn't use diffraction pads on the mezzo with my current equipment.

The tri vista gear introduced alot of brightness and artifacts the current gear eradicated in their own way.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    Basically the same baffle, only smaller?

Twoo-twoo....you have come a long way with gear since then. That's a good point.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    The mezzo has a flat midrange baffle with a pronounced round over but the tweeter is round.

But the diffraction pads then I think were compensating for short falls elsewhere
  • VR3
    https://youtu.be/hkYk1hvfToY

Lampizator demo

Certain songs are simply breathtaking
  • treitz3
    I see "Birds"....

Right on time.

Tom
  • VR3
    Great song for sure!
  • VR3
    Mmmmmm... **** great tone

https://youtu.be/wE9zO5IGNEw

• Reagan
    Reagan Posts: 116
    Well, I tried to post the Dreadnought but fell 4 posts short of the minimum 100.
    Speakers: Polk 1.2TL w/VR3 mods and Dreadnaught interconnects
    Amplification: ARC Reference 110 w/KT150s; Cary Audio SLP-05 w/Ultimate Upgrade
    Vinyl: VPI HW19 MK III (Heavily Modded); Origin Live Silver Tonearm; Hana ML Cart; Pete Riggle VTAF; VPI TNT Platter; SAMA; Iphono3
    Digital: Aurender N100H; Benchmark DAC1
  • Reagan
    I don't know if these posts are acceptable but I'm going to try to get bumped up to 100.
    Vinyl: VPI HW19 MK III (Heavily Modded); Origin Live Silver Tonearm; Hana ML Cart; Pete Riggle VTAF; VPI TNT Platter; SAMA; Iphono3
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Reagan wrote: »
    I don't know if these posts are acceptable but I'm going to try to get bumped up to 100.

That’s not in the spirit of the 100 post rule at all. The point is to have 100 meaningful posts and become part of the community rather than have a bunch of ransoms show up just for selling and buying
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • VR3
    Rick is legit though
  • stangman67
    Im sure he is. Just being the grinch lol

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • stangman67
    I saw he registered in 05. I’ll crawl back into my hole now

• Reagan
    I have wanted to post more but to be honest I'm too in a hurry to find my password or request a new one. It's a good rule though. I would post on US Audio Mart but wanted to give Polkies first shot.
  • stangman67
    Honestly you are kind of the exception to that rule so I digress. It’s to deter people from signing up for the sole purpose of buying and selling

• Reagan
    Now that I retrieved my password, you can't shut me up! ANyway, you may like the attached (my friend's not mine).ddwicjakxgs1.jpg
  • stangman67
    edited January 2023
    That’s beautiful and clean! We have a 67 coupe (modified to hell) and a 69 Mach 1

• Reagan
    The Mach 1 is my absolute favorite.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,527
    I have 150-ish now, but honestly not sure if a single one would be considered “meaningful.” Lol
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I have over 10,000 meaningless posts.
    Bunch of hacks
  • treitz3
    I will also vouch for Rick. He is part if the Carolinas audio group. He's doing some interesting things to his rig(s) and has a killer TT setup.

It's kind of our fault....we hinted that he should offer his Dreadnought to the Polk community first. Didn't realize he was slightly below 100 posts when we suggested that though.

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I have over 10,000 meaningless posts.
    Bunch of hacks

Hold my beer!
  • treitz3
    VR3 wrote: »
    So funny to return back to this thread and see this comment from April and how different the system is now... I am very close to doing everything I can think of sans replacing stuff inside the components... lol

Setup now...

RG11 belden, 14 awg OFC copper from outdoor cable box to modem direct wired
    3 x Dedicated 20 amp circuits
    >
    Netgear CM2000 modem
    >Audiolund Reference Ethernet Cat8 and DC power cable
    >
    Netgear MK83 Tri Band Mesh router hub
    >Audiolund Reference Ethernet Cat8 and DC power cable
    > Netagear devices powered by Teradak W200 linear power supply with Audiolund Reference PC
    >
    Lumin U1
    >Lumin X1 Power supply, stock umbilical
    >Audiolund Signature PC
    >Audiolund Xtreme 1.5M Digital Cable with BNC ends
    >
    ANK PRO5.1 DAC
    >Emission Labs Mesh 5u4g rectifier tube, Tung Sol 12au7, JJ Ecc99
    >Audiolund Signature PC
    > Audiolund Xtreme RCA Cables, 1m
    >
    Musical Fidelity KW750
    >Revelation Audio umbilical cables
    >Audiolund Xtreme Power Cable, High Powered Version
    > Audiolund Xtreme 6 wire version speaker cables with Furutech ends
    >
    >1998 Jm Lab Grande Utopia with partially modded crossovers

VR3 wrote: »
    I believe the rig is where it needs to be.

Lumin U1 with Kenneth Lau umbilical using LEEDH processing volume
    >
    Wireworld Starlight BNC
    >
    ANK DAC 5.1 Pro with Quad C Cores
    >
    Duelund Dca 16 awg ICs
    >
    Musical fidelity kw750 amplifier with revelation audio umbilical cables
    >
    Duelund dca 12 speaker cabling
    >
    JM Lab Grande Utopia with the band aid mod
    -
    Duelund Dca 12 600v power cabling thru out

All network components have linear power supplies, supra ethernet. Nighthawk mesh system and modem.

Hmmm.....LOL

THIS is why you never say you are done. Folks who are reading this and trying to decipher the changes may not understand but.....(I am chuckling as I type this). He was off the mark with this statement....close but no cigar.
    VR3 wrote:
    I am very close to doing everything I can think of sans replacing stuff inside the components.

Fiber cables installed in his neighborhood, PC's, SC's, filter....

LOL

Tom

• VR3
    So the only thing I changed since that post was the filter/switch and going to fiber internet :persevere:

Power cables were already listed! :-D
  • treitz3
    Ah, I did not go over the list posted above...

This was just the changes you mentioned since my last visit. Allow me to give you some **** boy!

Tom
  • VR3
    I'm done dammit

Done!
  • treitz3
    Plinths, mini lifts, spikes, room, crossover upgrades, further network upgrades, tweaks, purse(s) for the wife, capacitors, CDP, clocks, digital cables, LPS's...

Putz. You crack me up.

Tom
  • VR3
    4cno1rw713ed.jpg