The Grande Utopia Project

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Further fine tuning

https://youtu.be/CC9g5iWxpqI
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    It's all about the fuzzy slippers in the video's...just sayin' ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VR3
    Portable acoustic panels!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Can you draw a schematic diagram of the crossover?
  • VR3
    Only if crayon and water colors would be acceptable
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited February 2022
    How about trying;

Olive / Extra Virgin.

I used this CD for listening to new speakers and MANY times demoing speakers I was selling.
    The first 4 songs or so are awesome. The remaining ones...eh.

I'm hearing distortion on this video. Maybe my speakers can't handle the bass.

Falling
    https://youtu.be/DyQGKeqWc9M

killing ourselves.
    https://youtu.be/cTjnbdb1N0Q
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Can you draw a schematic diagram of the crossover?
    Just email Focal.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Ah, nice, Tony. Miracle was the first track I ever heard from Olive back in the 90s. It's on this record too. Pretty chill. Slow intro, but another decent bass test, and some good stereo effects.
    Tony M wrote: »
    How about trying;
    Olive / Extra Virgin.

I used this CD for listening to new speakers and MANY times demoing speakers I was selling.
    The first 4 songs or so are awesome. The remaining ones...eh.

I'm hearing distortion on this video. Maybe my speakers can't handle the bass.
    Falling
    killing ourselves
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
  • VR3
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    You should try a little of the "Vestbo Trio"!
  • VR3
    Will check it out!
  • VR3
    I believe the rig is where it needs to be.

Lumin U1 with Kenneth Lau umbilical using LEEDH processing volume
    >
    Wireworld Starlight BNC
    >
    ANK DAC 5.1 Pro with Quad C Cores
    >
    Duelund Dca 16 awg ICs
    >
    Musical fidelity kw750 amplifier with revelation audio umbilical cables
    >
    Duelund dca 12 speaker cabling
    >
    JM Lab Grande Utopia with the band aid mod
    -
    Duelund Dca 12 600v power cabling thru out

All network components have linear power supplies, supra ethernet. Nighthawk mesh system and modem.

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    VR3 wrote: »
    I believe the rig is where it needs to be.

Liar. You'll come up w/some great mod that makes them even bettererererer. Would love to hear your system someday.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • VR3
    Welcome anytime! 😁

I'm sure one day I will fly hot rod the grande, one day
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    Appreciate the offer. If PF is in the cards this year I'll have to make a side trip your direction. That would be a treat.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • VR3
    Man this track simply sounds incredible

https://youtu.be/ceJC0_W-0Yg
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Glad you are loving your system right now! :relaxed:
  • VR3
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited May 2022
    Needs more cowbell...😉
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    That plastic play area is doing nothing for the sound.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    Clipdat response approved

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Come on, John. You, of all people, should know that Trey is well beyond this kind of "advice". Life happens and FWIW? He's got the cutest little one that I have seen in some time.

The man just remodeled his home and expanded it for his new family (and did a STELLAR job, might I add). One can't just wave their hand or snap their fingers and have everything absolutely perfect for their listening situation. Just sayin'

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Come on, John. You, of all people, should know that Trey is well beyond this kind of "advice". Life happens and FWIW? He's got the cutest little one that I have seen in some time.

The man just remodeled his home and expanded it for his new family (and did a STELLAR job, might I add). One can't just wave their hand or snap their fingers and have everything absolutely perfect for their listening situation. Just sayin'

Tom

Couldn’t agree more.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    stangman67 wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom

Couldn’t agree more.

My listening area is much worse...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    I don't mind the play pen at all really.

I also find my living room to be extremely enjoyable for sound as well, one of the main reasons it is hard to consider moving anywhere else. Most houses are not built with audio in mind for any room. But my room is 23x15 with somewhat equal corners, works good! 😁
  • treitz3
    ....and a powder room off to the right for those listening sessions that involve an adult drink or 12...

:)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    VR3 wrote: »
    Man this track simply sounds incredible

https://youtu.be/ceJC0_W-0Yg

Who dat be bro'?

Tom
  • VR3
    9clbyu5sg3s6.jpeg