Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    edited November 2023
    Options
    A teaser of what's in the works

eq9w92t74wxi.jpg
    7epmoduzzf0b.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    You tease.
    Is it done yet? Where's the review?!?
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    Options
    lol, you earned a laugh out of me.

I have about 15 hours of design time invested in this part of the build and this is still only a portion of the overall crossover... I have contemplated this part of the build for a little over a year and I am super pumped to see it become a reality
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Too many resistors, not enough time.
  • VR3
    edited November 2023
    Options
    No doubt!

0s0mp1gaujfo.jpg

3s5qcopufkh9.jpg

akyb46hwc3qu.jpg

2a8m64iduwjr.jpg
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    There he go!
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    So far so good! Exemplary workmanship as usual.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    This is gonna be a thing of beauty!

Hopefully, the end result as to what hits his ears is worth the tremendous amount of work.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Options
    Thanks broskizzles

Not gonna lie, had some anxiety about this all fitting but man it fits and the mounting holes line up great.... *wipes brow*

i27jtqc5xo6x.jpg
  • VR3
    Options
    One wired up! The new duelund 10 gauge wire is excellent

bhytp0nb36kn.jpg
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    edited November 2023
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Thanks broskizzles

Not gonna lie, had some anxiety about this all fitting but man it fits and the mounting holes line up great.... *wipes brow*

i27jtqc5xo6x.jpg

At first glance, I thought to myself "what a badass welder"

Excellent as always Trey.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • VR3
    Options
    Thank you Rob! Appreciate it
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Trey, bro, label maker...please! LOL. Your level of work with blue tape just hurts my soul. :#:D
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • VR3
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Lol! I ordered one just for this project actually! You can actually see it in the one photo, the white heat shrink on the wire actually has the printed text on there
  • VR3
    Options
    First stage, rerouting some internal wiring and plugging the old holes.

Also will replace the input wiring at this stage but not the driver wiring.

Average panel thickness is 2 inches... Wood density between enclosures is 2.5 inches thick

Back panel is 1.25 thick

9us5d34m45hn.jpg
    ja9irv7rorf0.jpg
    onhjquplfqqy.jpg

• VR3
    Options
    Drilled the new holes and ran duelund dca 10 gauge wiring for the tweeter and midrange network.

crne7ko7vqpw.jpg
  • VR3
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Good progress!

gblyke74fqgr.jpg
    jcen44rks4g2.jpg
    2qlxl035xx2x.jpg

Post edited by VR3 on
  • VR3
    Options
    One up and running...

Well over a hundred hours of labor invested into this and I am very proud of the outcome!

u9sg80qqhplj.jpg
  • treitz3
    Options
    Now for the second one......and he's off!!!

Then the umbilicals, then he can listen.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Options
    umbilicals? You have me mistaken! :-D

Unfortunately the second one will take a while given my schedule but it is awesome to see my experiment works and sounds ok (mono)! :-D
  • treitz3
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Haha, you are right. That was Rick with the umbilicals. I read that while I was driving...

(From a text thread, not this forum)

Tom
  • VR3
    Options
    Indeed, dont read texts while driving :-D
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    Awesome work so far! As always. I have to get my ears on these when they're complete.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • VR3
    Options
    Thank you sir! I had a chance the past two days to finish up the second one and I have been listening for the past 2 hours... Sounding great!
  • VR3
    Options
    So, having compared the duelund resistors to the mundorf and the difference between the two is mind numbing.

These mundorf resistors are special
  • VR3
    Options
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Better than the Path ? Which Mundorf?
  • VR3
    Options
    Mreu30 that requires a heat sink, I plan to directly compare next few weeks but yes my thoughts are absolutely. Destroyed the duelund cast
  • treitz3
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Indeed, dont read texts while driving :-D

I missed this post. I heard the song fade and the phone beep (playing Qobuz in the family ride), glanced down to the center console and read the banner that displayed at the top of the phone. I assumed it was you who said that about the umbilicals. I assumed incorrectly.

I don't text while I drive. That's just stupid. I mean, how else can I hold my beer? I only have two hands...

Congrat's on your new found sound. I can't wait to hear it!

Tom
  • VR3
    Options
    The performance the mundorfs provide at all volume levels is truly impressive

https://youtu.be/IWEasUDRvBY