Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Oil filled caps (10W-30)πŸ›’οΈπŸ›’οΈare good but I think those might be the beeswax filled caps which are much more gooder.
    🐝🐝🐝
    Sal Palooza
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,312
    Options
    For a fluid sound, eh?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    1gp66dkep4vs.png

as seen @ hifihaven
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,096
    edited September 2022
    Options
    602lue2r6jvd.jpg

Photo seen in a local MLS listing. ID the speakers please. Bozak, JBL, Altec maybe? Just for fun.

• mhardy6647
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Maybe Bozak? Someone here has or had a nice pair of Concert Grands and might be able to confirm or deny ;)
    They look too big for "consumer-styled" Altecs, or JBLs for that matter, to me.
    The biggest consumer Altec was the Magnificent, which was essentially a housebroken A7 Voice of the Theater. It looks like a hypertrophied Valencia. :)

EDIT: A B-310B Concert Grand (according to teh interwebz) with a similar looking cabinet, FWIW.

y1cndwib4r8r.png

... and an immodest pair (undraped)

dbbzoz5hau3s.png

PS I think the MLS photo was taken with a hyper wide-angle lens, making the speaker (and the fan) on the right (in particular) look quite wide.

PPS You didn't ask, but the electronic components are Mitsubishi :)

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,428
    Options
    The Blue Angels are here this weekend!
    Check out this awesome photo I got!
    ylise9g0g1ym.png

I disabled signatures.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    fnsz00tnk0fr.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

β€œHuman beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mhardy6647
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Similar Mitsubishi stuffs, from teh webz, FWIW.

hds0e0zcabz3.png

yk42jsfgxisu.png

I won't even hazard a guess re: the tt.

602lue2r6jvd.jpg
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,096
    edited September 2022
    Options
    The home's second floor spare bedroom/den has a receiver and Klipsch Heresy's, no need to show those.

EDIT: Thank you!

P.S. I hate it when then use those super wides. Really gives buyer's a kind of false hope.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    ppo9x894zetx.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    ktu1h01xqsqe.png
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

β€œHuman beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mhardy6647
    Options
    The home's second floor spare bedroom/den has a receiver and Klipsch Heresy's, no need to show those.

EDIT: Thank you!

P.S. I hate it when then use those super wides. Really gives buyer's a kind of false hope.

Dock 'em 10% for havin' a pair of Heresys. :#

Re: your PS. My son gave me a really wonderful Sigma superwide zoom lens some years back. I love it for landscapes and some other things. Early on, I started calling it my "Realtor's Lens". :)

26171358706_2784026da9_b.jpg
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    q9qkf0nw2yel.jpg
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    I'm halfway there ! Excelsior !
    πŸ€—πŸ‘

c7co9l4v3295.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    ymn8z19zjsoc.png
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    Options
    af2mfjo6x1tb.png
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
  • SCompRacer
    Options
    fp07ba99furb.png
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,312
    Options
    4krye22ykcvg.jpg

"Ain't got no gas in it"....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • SCompRacer
    Options
    zgjb1hhl4z3q.png
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    rktutuvap8w5.png

Yeah... one of those.

(as seen @ ASR)
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: Β»
    fnsz00tnk0fr.jpeg

At my grandmother's house, my earliest memory of the The Lawrence Welk was hearing "How Much is That Doggie in the Window". FYI: The best-known version of the song was the original, recorded by Patti Page on December 18, 1952, and released in January 1953.

That jogged my memory; my grandmother also watched Liberace regularly.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,386
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Dont forget "sing along with MITCH" A "ONEA AND A TWOA" follow the bouncing ball.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: Β»
    "Ain't got no gas in it"....
    "I like biscuits and mustard...umph."
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mhardy6647
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Dont forget "sing along with MITCH" A "ONEA AND A TWOA" follow the bouncing ball.

... oh, Lawrence got even worse...

https://youtu.be/t8tdmaEhMHE

Mitch Miller was (for better or worse) head of A&R at Columbia Records for... quite some time. He lived to a ripe old age.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_Miller

Plus he was rockin' a goatee way before they were fashionable (again). :)

aza1iijxzxsq.png

meanwhile, out in the Land of Memes...

bsyrabz0g8t9.png

f5xroltjj8pn.png

(mo' from ASR - credit where credit's due)