Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited July 2022
    sucks2beme wrote: »

They called me the day after I retired for an emergency meeting......

Just wow...

I still get calls from a couple of guys there. Mostly electrical issues. Before I left two of the guys were diagnosing an intermittent start issue. It was towed in daily five days straight. I told my manager I won't fix it, they have to learn.

They replaced both batteries, starter, cables, ignition switch, solenoids. So I downloaded the schematics for them. They looked them over and decided to bypass a problem circuit.

It solved the start problem but created another. You could start the truck in drive and reverse. They bypassed the faulty neutral safe switch.

Then there was the ABS issue. "It has to be a wire harness. I replaced the ABS sensor and it still won't read LF wheel." It had a bad wheel bearing. They had it raised on a lift to change the sensor but never checked for loose bearing.

I could go on for hours.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited July 2022
    So, I just learned that the verb enjoin has two, essentially opposite, meanings, not unlike the verb cleave.

xqszptl9x8a5.png

So, I suppose that this can only mean one thing: if one's cleaving is enjoined -- it's gonna be pretty darned hard to figure out what that means.

:#

• tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    Mark,
    Haven't I told you not to try to divide by zero again?
  • mhardy6647
    OleBoot wrote: »
    sm1q62bo5pu7.png

Along the same lines:

w3tqz7xphkt2.png

It's absolutely true, too.
    I touch upon it in my course, because it's so ironic (and I am so sardonic).

o59a0narht2b.png

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    edited July 2022
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Along the same lines:

w3tqz7xphkt2.png

It's absolutely true, too.
    I touch upon it in my course, because it's so ironic (and I am so sardonic).

o59a0narht2b.png

Please try to remain upbeat and seek professional help.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

2xk78xsngopw.png

^^^ I love this one. It reminded me when I just turned 12 years old. I was visiting my cousin, who was barely 11 at the time, for a few days in Atlanta. One evening, we wanted to go to see a movie at the Lowe's Grand Theater on Peachtree Street. My uncle dropped us off at the theater, and my cousin and I purchased two tickets for kids younger than 12. I couldn't think of a reason why my cousin should pay less than me.

When we entered, my cousin gave his ticked to the ticket tacker and went on in. Well the ticket taker stopped me and asked me how old I was. I told him 11. He was confused as I remember. He then asked me what was my birthday. I felt so good because I had already anticipated that question, and I answered with a date that made me 11 years and 11 months old. I guess I had a few guilt feelings about lying at age 12, and maybe that is why the memory still is in my head.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    OleBoot wrote: »
    ufkc4muc3bws.png

Should be a Frito-Lays outlet, methinks.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited July 2022

daddyjt wrote: »
    fixaqkfytk71.png

Bad case of hemorrhoids perhaps?
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    Oh thanks...I'll never eat a piece of ice ever again!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    qzntmxnsqdgy.png

Words. They still have meaning.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited July 2022
    Nightfall wrote: »
    smighbihw89w.jpg

Funny. I give off free smells at work all the time in the elevator. No one seems to be enjoying it though.

Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    d7nhdik7mo25.png

Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066

Thinking is good for all!
    931ai7v1x871.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA