Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I was was thinking that's why the coach didn't throw a challenge flag, but ALL TDs are supposed to be reviewed, right?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Non-reviewable calls can’t be reviewed regardless.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • I think if Madden were there it would've been explained to us.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Tony M
    edited February 2022
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Non-reviewable calls can’t be reviewed regardless.

LIKE I SAID...

I don't know what year this was from, but I know it exists. I quickly found it. The sentence was from this article 2011.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/sports/scoring-play-nfl-reviewed/#:~:text=The new rule states that every scoring play,that this will severely slow down the game.

The new rule states that every scoring play is subject to review. Every touchdown, field goal, extra point, and safety will now be reviewed
  • Tony M
    edited February 2022
    I think if Madden were there it would've been explained to us.

Madden would've gone down on the field and stopped the game until... ;)

I remember a pass interference that was in our face blatant, right in front of the ref. standing 5 feet away, that wasn't called in a Superbowl years ago. 30K+ fans screaming did NOTHING to get a flag thrown. Same as last night.

Move along...nothing to see here. :s
  • PSOVLSK
    A non-reviewable play is not reviewable, touchdown or otherwise. The officials in the booth no doubt saw the violation, but it’s not a call that can be changed per the rules.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    A non-reviewable play is not reviewable, touchdown or otherwise. The officials in the booth no doubt saw the violation, but it’s not a call that can be changed per the rules.

What is a 'non-reviewable' play?

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • PSOVLSK
    Pass interference for one. Holding for another. Anything that is a “judgement call” is not reviewable.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    edited February 2022
    What about failure to call offensive pass interference on a scoring play? Non-reviewable?

I did find out that reviewable plays such as scoring plays and receptions are not challengeable in the last 2 minutes but must be initiated by the replay official.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • PSOVLSK
    What about failure to call offensive pass interference on a scoring play? Non-reviewable?

Correct. No PI is reviewable whether a call or non-call.
  • Mattress Mack is on the mattress losing 4.5M.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Mattress Mack is on the mattress losing 4.5M.

He lost $9.5M...he had placed a 2nd bet.

The cool thing was if you had made a $3k plus purchase in the last couple weeks from his Gallery Furniture store, you would have received a refund if the Bengals won.

He's offered this promo before, along with Astro's win promo's. He just a great generous dude.

I've done electronic security work at his house 20 years ago, super nice guy.

Ran into him about 6 months ago at Buc-ee's gave him a high5 and a hello in passing.

He's put up a lot of people and money during our Houston storms. Big charity guy for the Houston Rodeo.

You name it for Houston...Mack has done it for the community....!!! <3<3
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    edited February 2022
    Gardenstater wrote: »

Correct. No PI is reviewable whether a call or non-call.

rnlxgy3tgnc1.png

Now that’s what I call a Pass Interference that can always be reviewed.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • PSOVLSK
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

The cool thing was if you had made a $3k plus purchase in the last couple weeks from his Gallery Furniture store, you would have received a refund if the Bengals won.

He's offered this promo before, along with Astro's win promo's. He just a great generous dude.

Ran into him about 6 months ago at Buc-ee's gave him a high5 and a hello in passing.

He's put up a lot of people and money during our Houston storms. Big charity guy for the Houston Rodeo.

And a fellow University of North Texas alum.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Tampa Bay Super Bowl chances have increased a lil bit
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    I guess he didn't like the looks of his Honey Dew list.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    The guy who spent 500K on his last football passed for a touchdown, now understands football deflate gate... :D:D
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    I wonder if the fellow that just bought his last touchdown ball for 1/2 mil can get his money back? "Item not as described" maybe?
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

And a fellow University of North Texas alum.

I went there too.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I can't watch!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    The red headed stepchildren of the NFL win!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    No one gives the Vikings any respect unless they can beat Buffalo. Well Josh Allen was playing injured... B S! Allen played great. Buffalo played great. Minnesota just pulled a 2 billion dollar lottery ticket out of their a$$! They do that sometimes.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• Tony M
    edited November 2022
    I think the NFL heads told the refs to make sure the Commanders "redskins" won last night.

A lot of money was lost last night but the people in the "know" won a ton! ;)

I know that long reception and then fumble hurt the Eagles big time but there seemed to be something else happening.

Even Tony Dungee says something has to change so these bad calls or no calls will be made right "before the next play". The video replays don't lie so if 70,000 people can see the big screen show these bad or no calls and millions at home too, why can't the league oversee the game that the refs miss?

I'm starting to watch football as an entertainment just like elections now. There's more behind the scenes crap going on then I'll ever know.

I'm almost done caring about honest and fair anything where there's a winner and loser.
  • audioluvr
    If they threw holding and pass interference flags based on instant replay there would be about 3 to 4 per side per play. Then if they combined them you'd see officials out there with calculators and note pads. That would be fun. :/
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• Tony M
    Over the years I've noticed holding calls come at key times to the detriment of one team's momentum.

Those pass interference calls have become hit-or-miss too.

There was a Super Bowl pass interference that was a blatant impact on the receiver before the ball got to him and...no call. These are the issues I'm talking about now.

It seems "Holding" is allowed now "up to a point determined by any ref" and therein lies the swaying of outcomes in most games.

I also KNOW time is important too. You can't have every game dragging on for 4.5 hours either. I'm certain the time is the BIGGEST factor as to if refs call HOLDING penalties or not.

There was a key penalty charged to a player that hadn't been called in like 40 years. I think it swayed the play so that one team could get a replay of a field goal or gave the team a first and goal result.

When commentators say they're shaking their heads on certain plays because of the ref's decisions, I feel those plays should be ref-called from above.

Sometimes 70,000 fans right there see a lot more than 4 refs do. Just sayin'. :p
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I believe the outcomes, to some extent, are predetermined just like the WWE. New Orleans winning the SB after Katrina for example. They follow a script and tailor the season for a feel-good outcome
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    The Patriots after 9/11...

You conspiracy theory guys watch more football than the guy betting his mortgage on the outcome.
  • Vikings SKOL🏈🇺🇸🏈
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    Vikings SKOL🏈🇺🇸🏈

ggqf116j3g4i.jpg
  • audioluvr
    Typical Vikings...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC