Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 4,304
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Sheer joy, a beautiful thing.
    . I second that motion. Just behind Sweetness IMO.

CH46E wrote: »
    First game I can remember watching was Super Bowl XX. I remember The Refrigerator bulldozing through the D-Line for a Touch Down and the announcer saying something about a earthquake.

I was a Richrd Dent, William Perry, Walter Payton, Mike Singletary and Jim McMahon fan for the rest of my childhood. I had all thier cards from the 1985 and 1986 Topps collection.

The greatest single season team ever. Then management burned it all to the ground. Shame on the McCaskey family. Shame. Shame. The shame of the Windy City.
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 7,512
    rpf65 wrote: »
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

I disabled, I am the South Carolina woman who gouged her eyes out on meth.
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 4,298

txcoastal1 wrote: »
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Would be nice to see the salaries come down as a result of this and watch all the cryin’ and boo hoo-ing
    But I’m sure that would be like worse than systemic fascism (Sub r for the f)

Salaries don't even bother me. It's a trickle down economics private org with no public SEC shareholder's. Players have a short life span on the health and body. I just want them to deliver "SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT"

Ron I agree with you, but with one caveat. I don’t care about the salaries if the average family can go to a game without taking out a loan. Right now that’s not the case at most stadiums (if any).
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Ron I agree with you, but with one caveat. I don’t care about the salaries if the average family can go to a game without taking out a loan. Right now that’s not the case at most stadiums (if any).

I can agree with that. I don’t understand how people can spend so much to go to these games. I make an ok living and I consider the prices ridiculous.

I guess it really depends on what your priorities are in life, but buying a 2 or 4 seat package for the season just seems like so much money. I could never justify the cost going to more than one or two games per season (only been to two or three games in my life). Then again, some people can’t imagine dropping $$$ on audio equipment :D
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 11,483
    Hello Rick...hope you are doing well pal
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 11,483
    Rodney Dangerfield, Bob Nelson and an Entire Football Team (1984)....classic

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a

I hate everybody except the Raiders and Jets but I loved some of the great players especially the Chiefs one of the great old school rivalries. My favourite Marcus Allen jerseys is a Chief's jersey.

Montana ended up there and I hate the **** out of the Niners.

Curtis Martin, so worth watching. Can't seem to find the interview with him and his Mom which is great. It's on my "Jets complete history" dvd. Some of the last money the NFL got out of me.

• Tony MTony M Posts: 9,378
    edited September 22
    I think some NFL coaches should protest their fines for not wearing a mask properly or not at all. $100K fines EACH they said... >:)

Maybe the NFL heads will show mercy and understanding and let them continue to wear them any way they want to if at all. Drop the fines! The players don't have to wear masks... swth! :s

I watched a little of the chiefs yesterday and a little of the Saints tonight. It looks like the man in charge of what we see on TV ( director of video I think ) mainly shows us the front of players and distant shots 95% of the time. That way, we can't read what's on the back of their helmets neck protector. Slick!

My wife said the refs were for the Raiders tonight. She thought it was obvious too. I guess it's easy to call penalties or not when the 50,000+ pr.s of eye balls aren't watching from all around the field. I saw some none calls the little time I watched yesterday (Sun.). :s

I'll bet the "behind closed door" betters are loving this.

One more thing. I heard there were a lot of injured "high level and important" players already. That's got to suck when there's nobody in the stands and viewership is down.
    It's like we have to hear it on the news and our PCs or whatever. I heard Garoppolo was out already and McCaffrey too. :#

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    ftblb6130z6o.jpg

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 5,436
    ^^^^^ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn lived in Vermont for several years. He would always take my calls, but our conversations were short because we couldn't understand each other very well. :'(
    ftblb6130z6o.jpg
    Is that....you??
    ftblb6130z6o.jpg

gdz7v3csxdpn.png
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 5,436
    HA! Charles Bronson also lived in Vermont from 1973 onward.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,909
    Any of you guys give two shitniks about a trip to the Super Bowel?

https://nflepsilon.jebbit.com/7mktomsp?L=Email&JC=CBS&et_cid=136092&et_rid=71766680
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    Not really. :neutral:

I'm sad for the thousands if not millions of business owners and employees who won't earn a dime or just a little throughout this season. And then the big one...how in the heck does the NFL pay for their stadiums and everything else now???
    Taxpayer funding ?

So...Trillions of $$$$$$$$$ will now be lost to hard working people in the hotel, travel, food and vendors of all sorts. And this Covid is supposed to be easily controlled shortly AFTER the turn of the year.

New Years Eve in Times Square has now been cancelled for people participation I heard.

Maybe there should be a protest in Times Square over that.

kevhed72 wrote: »
    ftblb6130z6o.jpg
    Is that....you??

No, l haven't been to the Gulag yet.

Watch a 6' plus run like walking.

He looks like slow motion

• BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,275
    Bruce, thanks for posting the Eric Dickerson video. I had not seen it previously.

The video is incredible just like Eric Dickerson was an incredible running back. He seems to be a happy man in all of his endeavors.
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
  • DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 2,284
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05

“Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”