• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    New avatar Vegas ? 👶
    Sal Palooza
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options
    New avatar Vegas ? 👶

Yeah, someone got but t hurt about my Mr Mom avatar and had me forced to change it...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    Gtfooh! Really ?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    New avatar Vegas ? 👶

Yeah, someone got but t hurt about my Mr Mom avatar and had me forced to change it...

I don't like the new one. It's disturbing. Could you change it back?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • la2vegas
    Options
    The game in Vegas ain't no slouch either.
  • la2vegas
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Tampa had a tremendous comeback against the Rams, but ultimately lost. Is this the end of Tom Bradys football career?
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    New avatar Vegas ? 👶

I know the feeling - I remember when someone got their panties in a wad over my pro law enforcement avatar.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• la2vegas
    Options
    4 and 13 for the Bills at the 2 minute warning. Their season is on the line.
  • la2vegas
    Options
    Every game has been well played this weekend.
  • la2vegas
    Options
    KC and MaHomes have a ton of time and all 3 timeouts, but Allen is clutch!
  • la2vegas
    Options
    Hill is fastest man in the NFL with the ball in his hands.
  • la2vegas
    Options
    And that ladies and gentlemen, is why the NFL is the KING of all sports!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I really enjoyed the Playoff games, but some of the helmet statements are still 60s related issues to me that were delt with for 60 years. The helmets should say "stop resisting arrest". Or "stop killing each other and innocent people".

Ok, back to a play-off game.

You can't give Mahomes and his team 13 seconds to go 75 yards and score. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Best overall playoff NFL weekend I can remember watching. Usually there is at least one blowout, but not this weekend.

I'll be really surprised if the Superbowl even comes close.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    I agree. Best playoff weekend I can remember. Chiefs and Bills scored 25 points in the final two minutes. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    So in reading the news this morning, I came across an article about the new(?) overtime format in the NFL - is it really possible for one team to NOT get the ball in OT?? And if so, when did this happen? (I stopped watching the NFL about 12 years ago).

I can’t imagine the thought behind such a rule…
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• pitdogg2
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    So in reading the news this morning, I came across an article about the new(?) overtime format in the NFL - is it really possible for one team to NOT get the ball in OT?? And if so, when did this happen? (I stopped watching the NFL about 12 years ago).

Winner of coin flip in most instances will score game over. That needs changed IMHO.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Yea there are people demanding they changed it according to the news today.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Tony M
    Options
    A team consists of offense and defense. 50/50, right?

I guess the higher powers put as much importance on the Defense to stop touchdowns on the first possessions of Overtime now.
    I don't like it either.

By the time "Overtime" happens, both defenses are definitely very tired. I think it's a stupid, stupid new rule. I hope they go back to the way it was AND no tie games either. Base Ball doesn't have tie games.

The commentator on the Chiefs- Bills game said it now depends on who wins the "coin flip" now as to who has the best chance of winning in Overtime. That is so true.

The NFL should just start a game that way then. If the first offensive team scores a touchdown, everybody can go home. Right?

We all can be certain that the Bills would've come back and scored a TD if they had a chance after the Chiefs did. But maybe not. But Darn, let their offense have a go at it and see how the Chief's defense plays.

There WILL be talks about this BS rule after last night's game. I can feel it in my bones. ;)

I tried to ignore the NFL because of the racist banter everywhere but my wife doesn't care and watches every game. Well, after the 2020 season with this flu Virus scare, I wondered how long the NFL could go on NOT SELLING TICKETS and what else those games made $$$$$ for thousands if not millions of people involved with every game.
    It only took the one season and BAMM, this season was full on again. Not one PEEP from the MSM or ANYBODY about the PACKED stadiums and the Covid virus. Not one peep.
    CRICKET FARTS is all I heard.

Why is that?

My old scared to death, hiding in his home from the Virus, friend told me "It doesn't make sense if the stadiums are jam-packed this season". He doesn't watch football ever. So, he'll never see outside the bubble that millions have been told to believe. Sure, people will get ill, some severely, I was severely ill in 2019. I thought I was done for. I lost 15 lbs. in a week or two. I took NyQuil 3 times a day. It was the worst I'd felt next to food poisoning which only lasted about 24 hours of hell. There was no Covid name then. So what did I have? Covid 18?

Anyway, I have been telling my wife to look for people wearing masks in the stadiums since this NFL season started. She smiles every time I say "look, another packed stadium". Even if all were vaccinated, wouldn't there be MASSIVE amounts of Covid infections around the country from these super spreader events? It's now been told vaccinated people can still catch AND spread the Covid as easy as anybody else and yet, these games go on without a peep from you know who. He also said the open border invaders don't have to be vaccinated, only the rest of the G6 world has too.

Hospitals are full because me and my friends have gotten old and there's millions of us. Of course, the hospitals are full because they didn't plan ahead for 2 generation's expected prolonged lifespans. Us "Baby Boomers" are now elderly people.

I'll bet there's more NFL players getting hurt on the fields than there are people getting sick from the stadium's fans packed like sardines yelling and screaming at the top of their lungs for hours at each game.

Anyway, I'll probably enjoy the coming Championship games this Sunday and I'll be looking for masked fans in the stands. I saw one guy wearing one out of 4 games this past weekend. 240,000 fans and one guy w/mask, that I saw. :o

• motorhead43026
    Options
    I like smoking toad venom.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Tony M
    Options
    I was prescribed lizard spit for years. Seriously.

Some doctor took real offense and seemed to want to fight me over the commoner's name for that drug. It controls sugar levels supposedly.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Gila Monster is the lizard, They're poisonous
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options

NFL has always had sudden death overtime. I believe the rule changed fairly recently that requires the team who gets the ball first to score a touchdown to win. Previously a field goal would also win the game.

Even as a kid I thought the rule was dumb.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    It's known as the Farve Rule... It was changed after Brett Farve choked against the Saints in 2009.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Winner of coin flip in most instances will score game over. That needs changed IMHO.

The Chiefs lost the AFC Championship Game to the Pats in 2019, in OT, under the same set of rules.

The Chiefs explained their dismay with the OT rules to the NFL, and were shut down. If the rules are changed now, after yesterdays game?

• Tony M
    Options
    3 more days to go... :D
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    3 more days to go... :D

I've had a friend of mine gift my son and I, with a pair of some very good tickets to the AFC Championship Game this Sunday.

Needless to say I'm stoked :D