Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Now here is one I haven't seen before...1953 Ferrari 166 Abarth

f9cv3taeghqo.png

Tom

I love rare Ferrari, but some things should remain unseen.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    That is so ugly it's COOL!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    Nope not even after a night of serious drinking.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    My favorite....

b2yytsh0ghro.jpeg
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    The only Ferrari made by Enzo that didnt carry a "prancing horse" or the name Ferrari anywhere on the car!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • soundfreak1
    Options
    wj89ddpln6zc.jpg
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    wj89ddpln6zc.jpg
    My understanding is that theses cars are still properly referred to as Dino, and not Ferrari Dino. We all know their lineage, but Enzo wanted it to be a stand alone tribute to his son and not to be thought of as anything else.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • soundfreak1
    Options
    Correct, also first mid engine car he built. Colin Chapman ( Lotus) forced his hand due to his kicking his a** all over formula 1 with mid engine design.Enzo hated the idea and fought it viamitly, but couldn't beat it on the track.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,028
    Options
    One of my favorites, from the 45th Anniversary Mustang gathering at Barber Motorsports, Leeds, Ala
    An unrestored (didn't need it) '65 Coupe with only 4,575 original miles
    fhfeyggl9nay.jpg
    ir0z1ebxd4an.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    edited December 2021
    Options
    81 miles per year. BOORING! I'd drive the crap out of that thing!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,335
    Options
    It actually pains me greatly to see that car. Oh, it's nice mind you but...

My Great Grandmother bought one. Baby blue and a convertible in mint condition (she rarely drove it). She passed away when I was 12 years old (1972) and gifted the Mustang to me because I was her first born Grandson, as she always said she would.

Well, Grandpa didn't feel like storing it in his garage for 4 years, so he sold it. Grrr....

I was looking very forward to getting that car when I was 16. The entire family knew that it would be mine. I love Grandpa but damn. I was devastated the day I found out he sold it. Still disgruntled to this very day about that.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options
    It actually pains me greatly to see that car. Oh, it's nice mind you but...

My Great Grandmother bought one. Baby blue and a convertible in mint condition (she rarely drove it). She passed away when I was 12 years old (1972) and gifted the Mustang to me because I was her first born Grandson, as she always said she would.

Well, Grandpa didn't feel like storing it in his garage for 4 years, so he sold it. Grrr....

I was looking very forward to getting that car when I was 16. The entire family knew that it would be mine. I love Grandpa but damn. I was devastated the day I found out he sold it. Still disgruntled to this very day about that.

Tom

Bummer, but at least you received the proceeds from the sale.
  • soundfreak1
    Options
    That's enough to piss off the Pope!
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • treitz3
    Options
    7vf8c60xe911.png
    Here is an example of the Bugs that were all over my neighborhood growing up. Yes, some of them were this well done up.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I had a 66 bug in college (70's) and put two 12" speakers in a plywood piece mounted behind the rear seats which made a shelf to mount the speakers on. Had great bass with my 8 track player. Had front speakers in the door panels.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • treitz3
    Options
    How about an old school topless Suburban for you and the gang? Very nice!

9uipsk05k4nj.png

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    edited January 2022
    Options
    h8rp56inuxcn.jpg
    If I had to pick one this would be it. I remember as a kid our neighbor had a yellow one, it was a beast.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options

1963 AMC Rambler Wagon Bad to the bone!!!!!!!

yxq4abrs06tp.jpg

If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    decal wrote: »
    1963 AMC Rambler Wagon Bad to the bone!!!!!!!

yxq4abrs06tp.jpg

Awesome! Wagons are all the rage nowadays!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    h8rp56inuxcn.jpg
    If I had to pick one this would be it. I remember as a kid our neighbor had a yellow one, it was a beast.

Nothing like a NASCAR for the street!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • pitdogg2
    edited January 2022
    Options
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    h8rp56inuxcn.jpg

Nothing like a NASCAR for the street!

It's the way it should be. They need to go back to that...
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    Options
    h8rp56inuxcn.jpg

The car that made NASCAR designate 360 cubic inches as the maximum. That and constant complaints from Ford and Chevy that they were getting tired of loosing. :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    h8rp56inuxcn.jpg

The car that made NASCAR designate 360 cubic inches as the maximum. That and constant complaints from Ford and Chevy that they were getting tired of loosing. :D

The aerodynamic package on that car necessitated the "vent" package on the front quarter panels to allow the front tires to have room. Without them the car would burn rubber off the tires...

Or so the say. I've never been above 120 mph in one to test that theory.

BUT I'M GAME TO!!
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,472
    Options
    My friend Phil has a Chrysler 300 awd & he changed out a computer chip or something like that he said. He took a picture of his odometer doing 174 on i95 north of Bangor Maine. A few weeks later I was up to camp & I bought 3 tickets to Night Ranger concert. We took his car with his brother too. He was doing 145 & I was in back seat & I didn't feel to comfortable. I noticed the tire light was on & I said please slow down. I feel uncomfortable at high speed
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,472
    Options
    Ive said this before I wonder why GM doesnt make a Camaro to look just like the 69 Camaro. Imo Dodge/Chrysler has done well with the Challenger & Charger vehicles they keep popping out. Such a beautiful car & do they sound sweet
    Randy/Maine
  • treitz3
    Options
    ecjbz21aok80.png
    ywu9icre2d8e.png
    Bad to the bone for 1939. Apparently, this is a custom Cadillac LaSalle C-Hawk. https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1939-CADILLAC-LA-SALLE-C-HAWK-CUSTOM-HARDTOP-ROADSTER-137878

Tom

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    ecjbz21aok80.png
    ywu9icre2d8e.png
    Bad to the bone for 1939. Apparently, this is a custom Cadillac LaSalle C-Hawk. https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1939-CADILLAC-LA-SALLE-C-HAWK-CUSTOM-HARDTOP-ROADSTER-137878

Tom
    There is not a single part on that car that even remotely calls to mind a La Salle...

• treitz3
    Options
    The original...

ts176lsggozj.png

Tom
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I like the custom for what it is and the artistry of it, but THAT is a car!

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,518
    Options
    They nailed the tail lights, though.