What is your favorite Classic car?

Options

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    So, I went to go drop of the tractor for service yesterday and the repair shop was located in a new location. I asked if they had a restroom while I was there and he stated, yeah. Just go up the stairs and to the right.

So, I walk up the stairs, open the door and there is a Bentley staring me in the face. I look over that and I spot a Mustang fastback and the tail end of what I thought was also a mustang (Didn't see much).

So, I did my deed and walked back down into the shop. We finished business and I inquired about taking a look at some of the vehicles that were up there. Apparently, his partner buys and sells old an custom vehicles. My favorite within the room was this....

50lqecd11t3c.png

c9yt6irr030d.png

a9u0qqo3iak8.png

tq580k2el04c.png

zo9qubp2z2zs.png

Now, I'm no expert but this thing looked to be original and was definitely museum quality. The pics don't even do it justice. Looking at this thing seemingly placed me back to the shopping of a new car, in the showroom, in whatever year this Mustang was built in. Mint would be a great word to describe it. In the most literal of terms.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Love me a vintage mustang! That thing is beautiful!

The wheels are correct for the year but in general looks very original and clean
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    If you like Mustangs check this place out. It's about 2-3 miles from me. A friend and I took a tour a month or so ago. Some beautiful cars there and very expensive.

https://texasspeedfactory.com/
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    edited February 2023
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    1957 Buick Roadmaster 75 2 Door HT
    0wuaqzuuuclv.png
    Tom
    Fine lookin' Buick.

We had a '55 Special convertible (which had been my paternal grandmother's) when I was a kid ->
    adolescent. It had a good, long life, and it was a very cool automobile.
    I have to see if I have any halfway decent photographs of it.
    65j48amkxe9f.jpg
    emvn2ho5b3u7.jpg
    Circa 1968 lotus elan +2s.

Now, that's what I'm talkin' about! :)
  • rebelsoul
    rebelsoul Posts: 756
    edited February 2023
    Options
    spg6ssz15fov.jpg
    1970 gsx 455 stage 1
    Fastest production car with a back seat between
    1966 to 1985 as stated by road and track. . Hot rod magazine raced this against a 1970 hemi cuda and the Buick took 2 out 3 races.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    My neighbor had two of those both Red with White stripes. One hardtop one convertible. If I remember correctly they also had the best stopping distance in that shoot out your allude to.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Volvo P1800 coupe.

qhxain6myx47.jpg

wujrfdn6tgzu.jpg

Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Great choice right there!
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Found another Alpina B7 Turbo Coupe pic.

7bls9ml72qrz.jpg

Have to include the 450 SEL 6.9

jxjv5wsumjkq.jpg
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    I owned one of these in the early 90's. Loved that thing! at 112 mph (governer limited top speed) it was quiet, smooth and just a joy to drive.

mdnzv1u41xd7.png
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,008
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hard one for me, there’s several would love to own and drive.
    I’ll go with this if I can only have one…
    1969 Yellow GTX with a black convertible top. White seats with black interior. Must have the 440 Six-Pack mated to a 727 TorqueFlight tranny. Would be a center console because I have bucket seats.

This would do but, I’d have the seats wrapped in Italian white leather.
    https://i0.wp.com/moparinsiders.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/1969-Plymouth-GTX-Convertible-in-Sunfire-Yellow.-Mecum-1.jpg?fit=1406,792&ssl=1

Why I love MOPARS, sold her in 84.
    My 1970 Challenger T/A.
    r1prnis3xosv.jpeg
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    edited February 2023
    Options
    My favorite unobtainium ($$$) classic: Porsche 959

jucxbznk0ucj.jpg

x4e4eg1kq6wn.jpg

My real word favorite is my recently purchased 1993 Nissan Skyline GTS25t.

541stnnvwxdv.jpg

Only ~37k miles or ~58 kilometers and completely stock. I get to start with a "blank sheet of paper"! B)

2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    😳😮😢😢😢
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Since there are some Mopars and assorted other yellow cars on this page, I'll post this up. This 1973 Plymouth Road Runner belongs to my dad. He has had it since 1982. Not necessarily my "favorite," but at 50 years old, it is definitely a Classic.

3d1rntdtq1l3.jpeg
    9030ucnvh8km.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,264
    Options
    One of my favorite classic cars is the one I currently have, ('88 Buick Reatta below), just because it is so unique. I like oddball cars.

My all time favorite classic cars would be a '69 Camaro Z-28 but I can't afford one of those.

xsvn4g52sb8m.jpg
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • treitz3
    Options
    gb8wg68xeswx.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    This might be in my driveway by Christmas... The actual car is still in the garage of the original owner, where it has been for the past 35 years.

cy6evzs8roki.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    Options
    I thought you already had one, John. Like gold or light metallic green....something like that...

Regardless, I know this vehicle REALLY strikes your fancy, so best of luck with acquiring it.

Tom
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I thought you already had one, John. Like gold or light metallic green....something like that...

Regardless, I know this vehicle REALLY strikes your fancy, so best of luck with acquiring it.

Tom

It will all come down to price... The woman that now owns it says she does not care about money but only that it goes to a good home. That usually translates into "I want BIG BUCKS!"
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • bcwsrt
    edited July 2023
    Options
    55 years, maybe? Or, it’s been sitting since 1988?

Brian

• nooshinjohn
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Outside of the wheels, this is exactly what the soon to be mine 1965 Riviera looks like.
    I got to do a cursory walk around on it today, and the old girl is SOLID. The paint needs some minor touchup work, and a good detail. The engine was redone less than 4000 miles ago(28 years have gone by) and the seats were redone as well before it was left to sleep in the garage. It is shaping up to be a very nice drivable classic. We have set a price that is exceptional for the car in this state, so it could be in my driveway in a couple weeks.

qbt537cgh3lo.jpg
    zcrojjg3rju4.jpg

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    my first car was a 1969 Mustang
    bqexmqqm6rec.jpg
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,028
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »
    my first car was a 1969 Mustang
    bqexmqqm6rec.jpg

Hope there's an after picture on the way.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options
    One of my current favorites.

c8ohva2p2e29.jpg
  • treitz3
    Options
    hdz9m4h6tlyf.png

Unique. Would hate to polish this bad boy or be riding another vehicle on a sunny day, near it though. Rolls Royce Phantom II.

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    Is that copper?
  • treitz3
    Options
    The jury is still out on that one. I have no idea.

Tom
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    Copper with many coats of clear, no doubt.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    Loving them to death?

👉 The Drive Classic Car Auction
    Alea jacta est!