Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,697
    ^^ I live a 10 minute drive from downtown Columbus, OH. We get the occasional wild turkey roaming the neighborhood, they have adapted very well.

The turkeys around here walk down the middle of a main road, hold up traffic, and get all Italian puffy when you honk the horn at them as if they’re going to fight you.

I chased one with my lawnmower a couple of weeks ago. They don’t give a chit.

And we’re not talking 1...2...5....
    More like a dozen, strutting around, laughing that they arent in season.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,793
    We've had a rafter of wild turkeys numbering 37 in our yard.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer with Morrow Audios USB cable to DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II; AQ Sky XLRs, McIntosh MC 220 Tube Pre; AQ Sky XLRs, CAT 600.2 Dualmono Amp, Morrow SP7 Speaker Cables, SDA SRS 1.2tls (RD0198s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: "The Abbot" Monastery-Level Xovers, Custom Internal Wiring, Binding Post Plates, & SDA ICs).

Exercise Room, Wadia 171 iPod Dock, PS Audio PerfectWave Transport, Innuos Streamer with Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux PMF3150 Amp, Dreadnought, Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables, SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers).

Synology 713+ NAS on Gigabit LAN serving PW MkII DAC & DirectStream DAC.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,442
    ⬆️ ⬆️ Did you mean turkeys of the feathered variety, or just humanoid “turkeys”?! 😂
    Alea jacta est!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,919
    edited June 8
    mrbiron wrote: »
    ^^ I live a 10 minute drive from downtown Columbus, OH. We get the occasional wild turkey roaming the neighborhood, they have adapted very well.

The turkeys around here walk down the middle of a main road, hold up traffic, and get all Italian puffy when you honk the horn at them as if they’re going to fight you.

I chased one with my lawnmower a couple of weeks ago. They don’t give a chit.

And we’re not talking 1...2...5....
    More like a dozen, strutting around, laughing that they arent in season.

Many years ago I was drivin' to work on MA Root Two, near the reservoir right at the intersection of Root Two with "128" (or, as the signage would have non-Yankees believe, I-95) in Lexington (barely). Traffic came to a halt on Rt. 2 as a family of geese waddled across the highway.

Ironically, nigh on two decades later, I was workin' at a biopharma company just on the other side of that intersection. Our campus was (for lack of a better word) plagued by three or four tom turkeys who liked to strut around like they owned the place.

Now, speaking of turkeys: I think these paisans might want to have a word with you...

hllcxwrct5ul.jpg

• mhardy6647
    or the way back home, according to a very young Bruce Stringbean Springsteen:
    Well I jumped up, turned around, spit in the air, fell on the ground
    Asked him which was the way back home
    He said take a right at the light, keep goin' straight until night, and then boy, you're on your own
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,412
    y0k2ps4n2fm6.jpg

Six-spotted green tiger beetle Cicindela sexguttata

On my sidewalk.
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 8
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,621
    We've had a rave of wild turkeys numbering 37 in our yard.

Fixed it
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

by Dr. Sardonicus
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 991
    22h4dtmawvko.png

A 130m (426') high transmission tower on Mt Wellington above Hobart, Tasmania. The two small figures at the base are people.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,549
    ^^^ Hello Bruce @afterburnt
    Remember at least 2,448 heroes +13 on 08/26/2021
    LIFE has to be LIVED
    “A sad soul can be just as lethal as a germ.” – John Steinbeck
    You Can't Resist Propaganda if You Can't Recognize It
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 19,236
    22h4dtmawvko.png

A 130m (426') high transmission tower on Mt Wellington above Hobart, Tasmania. The two small figures at the base are people.

yes but I do not see any FM antenna on that PRIME spot!!
  • SeleniumFalcon
    That's a devil of a tower.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    For the well healed audiophile, $20,000.00 a pair.

qgz4i2lh19fu.png
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,322
    Wow, those WE 300b"s are that expensive now ? Man, put me in that hot tub time machine so I can collect a bunch.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Evidently those examples are the most rare, the information on their bases is etched into the metal and they are new old stock.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 11,783
    tonyb wrote: »
    Wow, those WE 300b"s are that expensive now ? Man, put me in that hot tub time machine so I can collect a bunch.

Just think about what Brock and many others are holding. I've looked at the price increase recently on just the few tubes I've collected.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 19,236
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »

Just think about what Brock and many others are holding. I've looked at the price increase recently on just the few tubes I've collected.

Just because they ask that price doesn't mean they sell for that price.
    I get the rarity, but let's be honest. Plugging them in and running for any time at will diminish the price. I'm luck I know no one who has that kind of money to literally throw away.

Last Axpona Western Electric was back in a big way and making the 300b again. Yes I know it's not the same, still it's a multitude of magnitude cheaper for day in and out use.