Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited April 2021
    Thanks for explaining why they are limp. I'd want at least ONE hand on the cable just in case... ;)

The music in the room is spectacular. All the first class speakers are sounding like I remember them. I'm hearing some of the newer ones I bought after the room was cluttered for the first time set up properly.

I've always had the couch sitting on gliders. I used to turn it years ago. I'm going to go look at when I could. I had Maggies then. I'm going to search for the year they were in the room now...

Nov. 7th, 2013.
    Surprisingly, the room looks very much the same now... WOW. freaky! It's like there was a "time warp" where I went down to hell and back. weird. I see where things were in the same places after 8 years but I moved them here and there lately. wow...
    qvtj9ltq4cc8.png

4ia6nc3kx40x.png

The RTA12b's WERE behind the black Oriental screen until yesterday or the day before. I sold 3 big sets of speakers last week and had a lot of space by the Bowflex to play with. I have other speakers behind the Oriental screen sitting in a tall bookcase. I wanted to get to them soon so I moved the RTA12b's away from behind the screen. I moved some other speakers to that open space beside the Bowflex that I hope sell. Moving those speakers over made space on the right side. There are GREAT speakers in the right corner and against the right wall that I want to listen to in the future. The RTA12b's are in front of them, waiting for their turn to sing in this beautiful reclaimed space too.

I did sell my set of SDA2b's for cheap. Unfortunately the buyer said he got back home in Raleigh and turned them up too loud and he thinks he blew 2 of the mid-woofers. He's supposed to get back to me with more info on what got damaged. I told him I might have a mid-woofer or 2 that I would send him for free like you did for me.
    I'm still waiting for his reply though.
    I might call him tomorrow.
    Post edited by Tony M on
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    ndlkbbiu9wek.jpg

That's always been the case.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    4rsqe3zia3vk.jpg

Going to relax and watch an old movie.

Hope the bulb lasts in the projector.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    1tgriayvltun.jpg

^^^ What could possibly go wrong?
    cf.

jaue7u6kgegk.png
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    hdzca9eslzek.jpg

a skimmer doing its thing

That bird has SKILLs. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mi3t8wbfny73.png
    (as seen at ASR)
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Musta been a hell of a party!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Further work on Der Strat Tele by our Prodigal Son
    Fixed it for you
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Further work on Der Strat by our Prodigal Son
    Great pics! Well done!

P.S. Since the story tells how the Prodigal Son goes off and lives the high life, before coming back with his money all spent, but full of remorse and contrition. So is he coming back full of remorse and contrition? 🤷‍♂️
    Alea jacta est!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    lightman1 wrote: »
    3mnqen6tn2k9.jpg

'Zat you Tom?

Nah....Disgruntled gamer while playing Forenite
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    edited April 2021
    Kex wrote: »
    Great pics! Well done!

P.S. Since the story tells how the Prodigal Son goes off and lives the high life, before coming back with his money all spent, but full of remorse and contrition. So is he coming back full of remorse and contrition? 🤷‍♂️

No, that was Prodigal V. 1.0

This is Prodigal V. 4.0, where our protaganist goes off, prospers, enriches the lives of those around him with his wisdom and humor while those left behind are filled with remorse at their great loss.

Just wait until Prodigal V. 5.0 comes out !! 😳🇺🇸
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    Craigslist comes through again.
    80286 rulez !

si3gtyl8kfxu.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Great pics! Well done!

This is Prodigal V. 4.0, where our protaganist goes off, prospers, enriches the lives of those around him with his wisdom and humor while those left behind are filled with remorse at their great loss.

I'm left to understand HE will return in the guise of Selenium_Rectifier. Can you confirm or deny?
  • mhardy6647
    edited April 2021
    Craigslist comes through again.
    80286 rulez !

si3gtyl8kfxu.jpg

heh -- I was gonna proudly post "No 286s here*"... but... then I remembered an Epson 286 desktop I bought for $20 from my employer at the time (ca. 1991) in a sealed-bid auction. It's in the basement.

Great pics! Well done!

I'm left to understand HE will return in the guise of Selenium_Rectifier. Can you confirm or deny?

I can hope 😇
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited April 2021
    Back in the day, early 80's, I was the proud owner of a Tandy 1000A.
    8086 runnig at a blistering 4.7 Mhz !
    Not just 256k ram but 640k ram !
    And DUAL 5.25" floppies !.
    And you want to talk graphics ? Not your wimpy 4-color IBM CGA but the 16-color Tandy Graphics Adapter (TGA)!
    A software package called "Deskmate" that was actually pretty functional and cool.

Yep, when compared to the IBM PC Jr theTandy 1000A , not unlike Winamp, really whipped the lhama's a$$ . 😳

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HaF-nRS_CWM

Would Eddie's father, who was courting at the time, steer you
    wrong ? I think not !

viodnosjynjs.jpg

Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    darn you, @mrbigbluelight! NOW I am gonna have to go and disinter the one Tandy 'pute downstairs and see if it is a 1000 or a 1000A! :# I do know (i.e., my recollection is) that it uses the... unusual and seldom encountered Intel 80186 processor. Well, OK, wiki-P sez the 80186 was used in the Tandy 2000... so now I am definitely gonna have to disinter the 'pute downstairs. :|

Speaking of more-or-less-but-not-quite PC clones of the early 80s, my (our) own first "PC" was an AT&T 6300, which was a pretty nice computer for its time. It was an AT&T branded version of an Olivetti (!) PC, used the i8086 processor (true 16 bit), and had proprietary high-res (640 x 400, IIRC) mono graphics that were... pretty good, actually, for scientific graphics. We also had one in the lab, which came in handy (and vice versa). :) It was also, like all Olivetti products, attractive and compact (compared to the original IBM PC, which used the i8088 8/16 bit processor, as y'all likely remember). That one I don't have any more, unbelievable as that might sound! :*