Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 24,857
    edited June 2019
    as seen on teh interwebz (via my hifi friend Alan)...

n97ddc1m36nr.png
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,983
    5910sufhgq2y.jpg
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 672
    They're *best* when fried!
    tod0llyi7bo8.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
    to paraphrase Roy Blount, Jr.
    I prefer my capacitators fried
    Then I know my capacitators' died

B)
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 19,321
    mid 1970's to mid 1980's = Dark ages of American automobiles. Remember the 4-banger Mustang? Ouch.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amplifier: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: PSB Imagine T2
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,835
    steveinaz wrote: »
    mid 1970's to mid 1980's = Dark ages of American automobiles. Remember the 4-banger Mustang? Ouch.

They're still making them...
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,904
    edited June 2019

I got a glimpse of one of them a minute ago. It was watching a squirrel come for a peanut. ;)
    f5lcfq89o8rl.png
    44o3wb54jin2.png
    o34jube2zw1v.png
    vtp5l9aw22lb.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    edited June 2019
    doubled post.. :s
    edited June 2019
    Found out a few minutes ago from the wife, we have a Mocking Bird pair in the front Jasmine vine. Now I've read Mocking Birds and Blue Birds DO NOT GET ALONG, so it's going to be interesting to see if they fight around the birdbath water. We had a Mocking bird Pr. in the neighbor's bush in front of their house close to our house for months. We also noticed a nest under our mail box. We haven't seen it but our neighbor has. We think it's a House Wren. It some how thinks a snake skin in the front will be a deterrent toward others. :D

We also have Downy Woodpeckers all day long this spring. My wife saw a baby one wanting it's parent to feed it still. Rapid flapping is a sure give away of a baby wanting food. :D Keeping Suet in this feeder sure draws the Wrens, Nuthatches and Downy woodpeckers all day long. ;)
    8ifevfzbbudu.png
    iayvk2q3wo59.png

e8vzi1cc9mwf.png
    42cfwrk65bhs.png

ixtx9aeq4ydf.png

steveinaz wrote: »

A mistake they keep making...
    Chevy Traverse Ditches 2.0-Liter Turbo-Four Engine
    but "announced a new four-banger"

I agree in general but there were bright spots during those days, such as this '79 396:
    nqb04zdjh0p5.png

In the late '80s I bought my great-uncle's low-mileage '77 Buick Estate wagon with 403. It easily held all but one piece of our church's audio system when in the years of temporary locations. :-)
    It was similar to this one, but with whitewalls, hood ornament and center chrome hood strip:
    h1puyjjoor1o.jpg

Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    542tnozw6lfh.jpg

We're still cautiously optimistic that there will indeed be a summer in northern New England sometime this year -- before winter settles in. B)

mhardy6647 wrote: »
    We're still cautiously optimistic that there will indeed be a summer in northern New England sometime this year -- before winter settles in. B)

In Alabama and Georgia this year, we practically skipped spring.

Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,897
    In Pennsylvania, for the past three years, our four seasons are Waiting for Summer, Rain Season, Fall, and Winter... :/

I honestly don't think we've had a 48-hour stretch without precipitation yet this year.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,980
    Ah Mopar! The masters of recycling! Don't forget the 78 Dodge Magnum/ Charger/ Cordoba!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/311466177317
    One foot on audio nirvana and the other in the poor house.
  • verbverb Posts: 9,790
    9ora8zpk2d0q.png
    Tony M wrote: »
    I ALMOST bought this poster in a 3' X 5' size I think it was but then decided not to.

My step-daughter shortly there after bought me a huge 4x6 Dark side of the moon poster that I've yet to hang up. Some day!

Wise move Tony! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    WAF not to high with that poster! :s
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 11,037

In the man cave???? Come on, or you could hang the ELECTRIC LADYLAND ....just sayin'
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 2,318
    Now that's funny ^^

Our Ms. Hazel had that look when she realized why she was visiting the vet this morning.

Spay time....
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Now that's funny ^^

Our Ms. Hazel had that look when she realized why she was visiting the vet this morning.

Spay time....

po' thang.

Might be a while before she's willing to share puppy dog eyes with you again -- or maybe not? ;)

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/18/733615938/scientists-explain-puppy-dog-eyes

As published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences?!?! :p
  • oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 2,318
    I felt so bad for her.

She was sooo excited about an early morning car ride.
    edited June 2019
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

In the man cave???? Come on, or you could hang the ELECTRIC LADYLAND ....just sayin'

True, my space should have anything I want in it and it does EXCEPT that one poster. :s

My wife wouldn't have given a care about a poster 30 years ago. But man have things changed since she isn't the 105 lb. sexy woman anymore. She still harbors hate from when I showed a very sexy looking neighbor my collection in the cottage 25 years ago and my wife wasn't there. :'( Jealousy has ruined way too many marriages!
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,727
    Dayum! 25 year grudge?!
    Tell me about it! :# Jealousy is bone deep! :s>:)
  • mark090852mark090852 Posts: 970
    Blue trees in Breckenridge, Colorado a few years ago.

jer9bw3cxhad.jpg
    5e26c81z20cv.jpg
    y6l7tvb6hibd.jpg
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • OleBootOleBoot Posts: 640
    Now that's funny ^^

Spay time....

po' thang.

Might be a while before she's willing to share puppy dog eyes with you again -- or maybe not? ;)

Does that imply that cats have also developed muscular control to execute the look of utter disdain?
  • OleBootOleBoot Posts: 640
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

True, my space should have anything I want in it and it does EXCEPT that one poster. :s

My wife wouldn't have given a care about a poster 30 years ago. But man have things changed since she isn't the 105 lb. sexy woman anymore. She still harbors hate from when I showed a very sexy looking neighbor my collection in the cottage 25 years ago and my wife wasn't there. :'( Jealousy has ruined way too many marriages!

You're a more tolerant man than I am, Gungadin.
    They've had it since the days of the Egyptians I would assume. :D

Feed them and leave them alone. :D
    OleBoot wrote: »
    Now that's funny ^^

Spay time....

po' thang.

Does that imply that cats have also developed muscular control to execute the look of utter disdain?

Probably so.
    I do know this, though.

wyrx98hyqo4o.png