Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 8,144
    edited June 16
    Found out a few minutes ago from the wife, we have a Mocking Bird pair in the front Jasmine vine. Now I've read Mocking Birds and Blue Birds DO NOT GET ALONG, so it's going to be interesting to see if they fight around the birdbath water. We had a Mocking bird Pr. in the neighbor's bush in front of their house close to our house for months. We also noticed a nest under our mail box. We haven't seen it but our neighbor has. We think it's a House Wren. It some how thinks a snake skin in the front will be a deterrent toward others. :D

We also have Downy Woodpeckers all day long this spring. My wife saw a baby one wanting it's parent to feed it still. Rapid flapping is a sure give away of a baby wanting food. :D Keeping Suet in this feeder sure draws the Wrens, Nuthatches and Downy woodpeckers all day long. ;)
    8ifevfzbbudu.png
    iayvk2q3wo59.png

e8vzi1cc9mwf.png
    42cfwrk65bhs.png

ixtx9aeq4ydf.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 604
    steveinaz wrote: »
    mid 1970's to mid 1980's = Dark ages of American automobiles. Remember the 4-banger Mustang? Ouch.

A mistake they keep making...
    Chevy Traverse Ditches 2.0-Liter Turbo-Four Engine
    but "announced a new four-banger"

I agree in general but there were bright spots during those days, such as this '79 396:
    nqb04zdjh0p5.png

In the late '80s I bought my great-uncle's low-mileage '77 Buick Estate wagon with 403. It easily held all but one piece of our church's audio system when in the years of temporary locations. :-)
    It was similar to this one, but with whitewalls, hood ornament and center chrome hood strip:
    h1puyjjoor1o.jpg

Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 21,812
    48075914357_a49b1a8110_b.jpgDSC_5305 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    542tnozw6lfh.jpg

We're still cautiously optimistic that there will indeed be a summer in northern New England sometime this year -- before winter settles in. B)

• CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 604
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    We're still cautiously optimistic that there will indeed be a summer in northern New England sometime this year -- before winter settles in. B)

In Alabama and Georgia this year, we practically skipped spring.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,667
    In Pennsylvania, for the past three years, our four seasons are Waiting for Summer, Rain Season, Fall, and Winter... :/

I honestly don't think we've had a 48-hour stretch without precipitation yet this year.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,250
    Ah Mopar! The masters of recycling! Don't forget the 78 Dodge Magnum/ Charger/ Cordoba!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/311466177317
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • verbverb Posts: 6,607
    9ora8zpk2d0q.png
    Tony M wrote: »
    I ALMOST bought this poster in a 3' X 5' size I think it was but then decided not to.

My step-daughter shortly there after bought me a huge 4x6 Dark side of the moon poster that I've yet to hang up. Some day!

Wise move Tony! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    WAF not to high with that poster! :s
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,420

In the man cave???? Come on, or you could hang the ELECTRIC LADYLAND ....just sayin'
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 2,116
    Now that's funny ^^

Our Ms. Hazel had that look when she realized why she was visiting the vet this morning.

Spay time....
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Now that's funny ^^

Our Ms. Hazel had that look when she realized why she was visiting the vet this morning.

Spay time....

po' thang.

Might be a while before she's willing to share puppy dog eyes with you again -- or maybe not? ;)

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/18/733615938/scientists-explain-puppy-dog-eyes

As published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences?!?! :p
  • oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 2,116
    I felt so bad for her.

She was sooo excited about an early morning car ride.
    edited June 18
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

In the man cave???? Come on, or you could hang the ELECTRIC LADYLAND ....just sayin'

True, my space should have anything I want in it and it does EXCEPT that one poster. :s

My wife wouldn't have given a care about a poster 30 years ago. But man have things changed since she isn't the 105 lb. sexy woman anymore. She still harbors hate from when I showed a very sexy looking neighbor my collection in the cottage 25 years ago and my wife wasn't there. :'( Jealousy has ruined way too many marriages!
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,837
    Dayum! 25 year grudge?!
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    Tell me about it! :# Jealousy is bone deep! :s >:)
  • mark090852mark090852 Posts: 921
    Blue trees in Breckenridge, Colorado a few years ago.

jer9bw3cxhad.jpg
    5e26c81z20cv.jpg
    y6l7tvb6hibd.jpg
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • OleBootOleBoot Posts: 477
    Now that's funny ^^

Spay time....

po' thang.

Might be a while before she's willing to share puppy dog eyes with you again -- or maybe not? ;)

Does that imply that cats have also developed muscular control to execute the look of utter disdain?
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

True, my space should have anything I want in it and it does EXCEPT that one poster. :s

My wife wouldn't have given a care about a poster 30 years ago. But man have things changed since she isn't the 105 lb. sexy woman anymore. She still harbors hate from when I showed a very sexy looking neighbor my collection in the cottage 25 years ago and my wife wasn't there. :'( Jealousy has ruined way too many marriages!

You're a more tolerant man than I am, Gungadin.
    They've had it since the days of the Egyptians I would assume. :D

Feed them and leave them alone. :D
    OleBoot wrote: »
    Now that's funny ^^

Spay time....

po' thang.

Does that imply that cats have also developed muscular control to execute the look of utter disdain?

Probably so.
    I do know this, though.

wyrx98hyqo4o.png
    edited June 18
    We had a (dearly departed) Cornish Rex (uninspiringly named Rex) who until he shuffled off this mortal coil at 19 years old, had amazingly acute hearing with his ears like sails. Shake out a kitchen trash bag, and he went running and I expected him to put his paws in his lugs, Play the Rolling Stones at ridiculous levels, and he would sit in front of the speakers and sway with his eyes shut. A very discerning cat, who was also such a grumpy and awkward old f a r t as to be a PITA. Of course all thus was before he went stone deaf and sat smilingly knowing. I counted 64 ear muscles.
    Our cat Cali, who's 15+ and is getting feline dementia now, used to bolt at the sound of that snapping open of the trash bag too. :D

lknrj54sy1ng.png
    ij5uiommc0dk.png
    But over the years, she gotten wise or just plain lazy and just looks up at me and says " here comes that annoying sound again huh?" and doesn't flinch a hair now.

Cali can hear the dry food hit her dry bowl while she is on the back porch, 15' away with the back door shut.

She hears it through her cat door! :D

Cats are cool SOMETIMES.

Our previous neighbor's cat "Capone" was COOL ALL THE TIME!

Nancy and I LOVED that cat!
    Capone;
    8ymej5yqyu8o.png
    is7d0kzqzunp.png
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 6,351
    b5tx1r8vcc0o.jpeg
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

HT:Polk LSiM 706 LSiM 705's VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's| Marantz AV7704 | Sunfire TGA-7401 | Oppo UDP 203 | Sony PS4 Pro| Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | SVS PB13 Ultra | MIT EXP 2's (Fronts & Center)

ManCave: Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro | Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's | Usher BE-616 Center | SVS Ultra Surrounds | SVS SB4000 Sub | SVS SB2000 Sub | Oppo UDP 203 | MIT Shotgun S3's | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life | Samsung 50" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office |Cocktail Audio X14 | KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 | Bluesound Node |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 |
    edited June 19
    I almost get it.^^^^^^^^^^^^ :s

But I just don't get the word play. :'(
    edited June 19
    You know...
    it's kinda too bad that it's not 1969 any more.
    Fifty years ago.

Back in them days, by gum, hifi cables were indestuctible.
    You could even hit 'em with a hammer.
    Guaranteed noise-free!

rub1cteed0ta.png
    source: http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/html/1969/h042.html
    3h07hqjbdbue.jpg
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^Halleluiah!^^^^^^^^^^^^^