Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• CH46ECH46E Posts: 1,876
    mrbiron wrote: »
    We bought a thing...a0w5sz4k2q44.jpeg

Looks like a Porsche. KIA is moving up real nice.
    edited July 2019
    35mya2alytt5.jpg
    vp4c49u9e2bt.jpg
    zcqtsdvbd3bc.jpg
    776eb5bw6w5w.jpg
    nbnkp9pvykal.jpg

We made it into Northern Ireland today. Staying in LondonDerry tonight and got to walk on the walls of the city. Cannons still here. Our tour guide for today was great. You could really see that he is very passionate about sharing the history of Derry. Good and bad. It was an emotional tour, to say the least.

It's a shame that so much blood is shed all over the world in the name of religion.
    74d2n0tic853.jpg
    5lla3wu58b84.jpg
    fe552s2gqsmg.jpg
    952xxx8ftp11.jpg
    6s2fo6k33t4a.jpg

Just a few more.

BTW the people here are very friendly.
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 809
    edited July 2019
    Which bus tour did you take?
    Yamaha RX-A2070, B&K 4420 Reference, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Technics PD867, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 5,248
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    mrbiron wrote: »
    We bought a thing...a0w5sz4k2q44.jpeg

It's very blackish, that thing.

I have to admit something...we bought it in Concord NH :# Don’t be mad that i finally made it that far north without letting you know. SO CLOSE!!

Apparently these vehicles are the 2019 “IT” vehicle and they are flying off the lots. Had no idea until every dealer we went to in a 30 mile driving radius of Northbridge either being sold out, or lower models. Soooo...we took the 80 mile hike to Concord. We overpaid, got crap for a trade-in, and all around i hate car dealers. BUT, my wife got the car she deserves, so she is happy.

She wanted white, but once she saw that vehicle, she was sold. Then she spent 2 hours convincing me while a second couple waited for hours to hear whether or not we were going to buy it. We ruined their day... ;)
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Zu Mission sC’s

Collecting Dust - Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball, Senn's MD HD600
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,980
    Nice looking rig! I like black as a (lack of) color choice but since this area I live in has the second most intense sunlight of anywhere in the US next to Death Valley, black is not an option.
    One foot on audio nirvana and the other in the poor house.
    Milito wrote: »
    Which bus tour did you take?

CIE tours. Highly recommend them.
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 809
    Same tour we took, they were great.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, B&K 4420 Reference, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Technics PD867, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,711
    edited July 2019
    apfy0cqsb6is.jpg
    My 3rd guitar and first nylon strung... a 1965 España guitar (I can't find a specific model number.) My great grandpa gave it to me after he found it and tried to put metal strings on it because he doesn't like nylon strings. that is why there is a second metal bridge at the bottom. I decided to just use the new bridge and put nylons back on, it sounds great and plays very nicely! Not to mention that it is beautiful. :)

Upon a brief Google, I think it's an España SL-11. :)
    signature is in the spoiler window :)
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    Martin Logan LX16s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 CD player and Audio Technica cartridge courtesy of Drew/Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,990
    Fireflies is what we call them
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 24,865
    Willow wrote: »
    Fireflies is what we call them

Yes, much of the country (US) does as well. But in and around B-more, they're lightning bugs. Interstingly the biochemistry of their light production mechanism (luciferin/luciferase) was worked out by McElroy, Seliger, and colleagues at my (and Matt Polk's) alma mater back when I was a lad.

zjpgr1xqmh6o.jpg

(mo' of 'em in this photo -- but poorer focus :( )

• scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,899
    We call 'em fireflies and lightning bugs in PA. I call 'em "glo-a$$es".
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 15,953
    lightning bugs here in my patch of Illinois.
  • mark090852mark090852 Posts: 977
    Lightning bugs in SW Ohio.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,908
    Clipdat wrote: »

That's EXACTLY the ad that made me buy Sony Trinitrons twice. People couldn't believe the pictures on my TVs. back then! They were Amazing! The XBRs that is.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verbverb Posts: 9,816
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    lightning bugs here in my patch of Illinois.

Yep. Lightning bugs, growing up in Chicago area! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,176
    The 32” hi def flat screen I got back in 01-02 was absolutely stunning. Loved that tv except it was so darn heavy.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,908
    People nowadays can't lift that weight. TV makers easily saw it coming a long time ago.

Evolution devolving again.

drtiujfpi60r.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    We're still CRT here -- not Sony, though.
    I do agree, the Sony Trinitrons made for nice lookin' tellys.
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 672

Long lasting too. Mom used her 32" without any issues from the 80s until a couple of years ago!
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,176
    This was the one I had for a long time. Beautiful TV. Stunning 1080i picture.

auzdi8gwbkur.jpeg
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
    CGTIII wrote: »

Long lasting too. Mom used her 32" without any issues from the 80s until a couple of years ago!

Pretty sure ours is an '84 model (hand me down from my parents, long, long ago). We don't do much in the way of TV watching (perhaps needless to say).
    Someone left this at my door while I was out briefly this evening. LOL
    It's only 6/10 box and vinyl, but I appreciate the gesture. :-)
    Maybe they'd prefer to hear it over the CCR I had moderately cranked earlier today.
    av2z9dymharl.jpg

Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    edited July 2019
    CGTIII wrote: »
    Someone left this at my door while I was out briefly this evening. LOL
    It's only 6/10 box and vinyl, but I appreciate the gesture. :-)
    Maybe they'd prefer to hear it over the CCR I had moderately cranked earlier today.
    av2z9dymharl.jpg

What Bert Kaempfert track(s) is/are on it? It'd be very cool to have Swingin' Safari on an LP :)
    What Bert Kaempfert track(s) is/are on it? It'd be very cool to have Swingin' Safari on an LP :)

"Wonderland by Night" on the 1961 side and "Red Roses for a Blue Lady" on the 1965 side
    qt31sw62mnvu.jpg

Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.