Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,124
    Nightfall wrote: »
    All I did was turn a little too sharp leaving a church driveway so my back tire went off the curb a little bit the tire apparently said nope. So now I've got my summer tires back on and it's supposed to snow up to over 2 feet this weekend. Guess I'm not going anywhere.

614eqgdzxw0t.jpg
    Are these are older tires that spend most of the year in storage?
    Time does eat away at stuff.
    I hate low profile tires. They go flat if you look at them wrong.
    They might look cool and all, but a pothole will eat them for lunch.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 18,569
    A Brazilian tape enthusiast.

v4bmdea0eg1t.png

BOY I'D SAY SO!!

Very Nice indeed.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,235
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

v4bmdea0eg1t.png

BOY I'D SAY SO!!

Very Nice indeed.

Agreed, sweet. However he's gonna have to explain to me the reasoning of the position of those chairs in relation to the speakers.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 18,569
    tonyb wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

v4bmdea0eg1t.png

BOY I'D SAY SO!!

Very Nice indeed.

Agreed, sweet. However he's gonna have to explain to me the reasoning of the position of those chairs in relation to the speakers.

To watch the wheels go round and round, just watch'em goooo
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,359
    ^^^ wow.

Meanwhile, in northern New England -- Mud Season 2021 has arrived in style.
    We had a neighbor get stuck on the hill last night -- her VW Jetta wagon Sportwagen was frame deep in the mud and had to be winched out. The worst of the ruts are 8 to 12 inches deep; worst I've seen here since we got here (2014, in terms of mud season).

51029390157_2c7a025c5b_b.jpgDSC_0933 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    51029392317_a13bdfe10b_b.jpgDSC_0929 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    51028564513_6aa210f16b_b.jpgDSC_0928 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,624
    Yuck.
    Live Free, or Die on Our Muddy Roads.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,359
    edited March 12
    All I did was turn a little too sharp leaving a church driveway so my back tire went off the curb a little bit the tire apparently said nope. So now I've got my summer tires back on and it's supposed to snow up to over 2 feet this weekend. Guess I'm not going anywhere.

Granite curbing?

It's nearly ubiquitous in New England (concrete doesn't hold up well here, and asphalt lasts until the first plowing of the winter) Granite curbs are notorious here for eating tires, all year 'round.

It's also pretty adept at eating alloy wheels (and not too friendly for steelies, either).

:|

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 7,577
    Beautiful sunrise this morning....

Truly beautiful! What peak are we viewing in your pic?
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,025

Mt Rainier, all 14410 feet.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 7,577

Mt Rainier, all 14410 feet.

Thanks! I should have known that, oldtimer's disease. I had a good friend many years ago, now passed, who lived in Enumclaw. Gorgeous country.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,771
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Granite curbing?

It's nearly ubiquitous in New England (concrete doesn't hold up well here, and asphalt lasts until the first plowing of the winter) Granite curbs are notorious here for eating tires, all year 'round.

It's also pretty adept at eating alloy wheels (and not too friendly for steelies, either).

:|

Another enemy of low-profile tires and alloy wheels are the metal plates that are used temporarily to cover pot hole and minor road repairs here in New England, and perhaps elsewhere.

If their edges are not "beveled" with hot-top, a low-profile tire that is under-inflated a bit can compress enough to cut the side wall and warp the wheel. I know whereof I speak because it happened to me with a brand new Lexus LS430 on the Leverett connector in January 2003. And, I was not the only victim that evening: There was a line of at least six or seven vehicles that had driven over the same metal plate who were lined up along side the road waiting for AAA to show up.

Not fun.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer with Morrow Audios USB cable to DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II; AQ Sky XLRs, McIntosh MC 220 Tube Pre; AQ Sky XLRs, CAT 600.2 Dualmono Amp, Morrow SP7 Speaker Cables, SDA SRS 1.2tls (RD0198s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: "The Abbot" Monastery-Level Xovers, Custom Internal Wiring, Binding Post Plates, & SDA ICs).

Exercise Room, Wadia 171 iPod Dock, PS Audio PerfectWave Transport, Innuos Streamer with Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux PMF3150 Amp, Dreadnought, Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables, SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers).

Synology 713+ NAS on Gigabit LAN serving PW MkII DAC & DirectStream DAC.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,139

8vizgqpd77be.jpg

Was that taken in Bonnie Lake?
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,025
    CH46E wrote: »

8vizgqpd77be.jpg

Was that taken in Bonnie Lake?

Puyallup
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 9,550
    Puyallup

What'd you say about my mamma!?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 9,550
    edited March 12
    @KennethSwauger I bet you would've liked this room from CAS 19! Ampex ATR-102!

DSC02683.jpg
    q8hpxl7vcrxq.jpg
    DSC02689.jpg

2.-CAS9-Boardroom-3-Tim-Marutani-768x994.jpg
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 8,193

22gv4fpb5lgn.jpg

MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 14,603

v4bmdea0eg1t.png

That is incredible.. Very Nice!!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 9,677
    mb0syi479oux.jpeg
    Sda-2a crossovers by dhs speaker @westmassguy

I think the FBI will be visiting you soon. :s:D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 22,913
    03ybk66zdz3c.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Statement V2 cartridge and Origin Conqueror Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,139
    edited March 14
    We have a new round of eggs in our Palm tree on the front porch. I forget what bird this is.

Edit: They are Ground Doves.

d6496yybsqdg.jpg
    d3oxue6kiv0r.jpg

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,317
    Yum! Got bacon?
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

by Dr. Sardonicus