Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    ho5pylit1m9t.png

Am I in Manhattan? Or Another Sequel to ‘Blade Runner’?

(vvvv Hotel Edison was the most interesting thing in the story vvvv)

Scott Geres is the general manager of the Edison Hotel, a Jazz Age showpiece that opened in 1931, when Thomas Edison himself turned on the 26-story building’s lights. Pixelated models’ faces projected from Times Square flood many of its 810 rooms, including the Presidential Suite, where Aaron Judge, the New York Yankees right fielder, spent the 2018 season.

For the last year, Mr. Geres has been one of the few people at the Edison.

“For the first month I didn’t leave the building,” said Mr. Geres, 48, who walks up to 25,000 steps a day checking for pipe leaks and fire hazards. “There used to be 5,000 people in this building on a Saturday night. Now it’s just me and one other person on my team.”

Mr. Geres said his job is to keep the Edison’s lights flickering behind the plywood shielding windows on the Rum Bar and street-side restaurants. The 700-room Paramount hotel, across West 47th Street, however, is “dark dark,” he said, like so many buildings in Midtown.

nw4p56ab10c4.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    Nightfall wrote: »
    All I did was turn a little too sharp leaving a church driveway so my back tire went off the curb a little bit the tire apparently said nope. So now I've got my summer tires back on and it's supposed to snow up to over 2 feet this weekend. Guess I'm not going anywhere.

614eqgdzxw0t.jpg
    Are these are older tires that spend most of the year in storage?
    Time does eat away at stuff.
    I hate low profile tires. They go flat if you look at them wrong.
    They might look cool and all, but a pothole will eat them for lunch.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    A Brazilian tape enthusiast.

v4bmdea0eg1t.png

BOY I'D SAY SO!!

Very Nice indeed.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

v4bmdea0eg1t.png

BOY I'D SAY SO!!

Very Nice indeed.

Agreed, sweet. However he's gonna have to explain to me the reasoning of the position of those chairs in relation to the speakers.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    tonyb wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

v4bmdea0eg1t.png

BOY I'D SAY SO!!

Very Nice indeed.

Agreed, sweet. However he's gonna have to explain to me the reasoning of the position of those chairs in relation to the speakers.

To watch the wheels go round and round, just watch'em goooo
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    ^^^ wow.

Meanwhile, in northern New England -- Mud Season 2021 has arrived in style.
    We had a neighbor get stuck on the hill last night -- her VW Jetta wagon Sportwagen was frame deep in the mud and had to be winched out. The worst of the ruts are 8 to 12 inches deep; worst I've seen here since we got here (2014, in terms of mud season).

51029390157_2c7a025c5b_b.jpgDSC_0933 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    51029392317_a13bdfe10b_b.jpgDSC_0929 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    51028564513_6aa210f16b_b.jpgDSC_0928 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Yuck.
    Live Free, or Die on Our Muddy Roads.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited March 2021
    All I did was turn a little too sharp leaving a church driveway so my back tire went off the curb a little bit the tire apparently said nope. So now I've got my summer tires back on and it's supposed to snow up to over 2 feet this weekend. Guess I'm not going anywhere.

Granite curbing?

It's nearly ubiquitous in New England (concrete doesn't hold up well here, and asphalt lasts until the first plowing of the winter) Granite curbs are notorious here for eating tires, all year 'round.

It's also pretty adept at eating alloy wheels (and not too friendly for steelies, either).

:|

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Beautiful sunrise this morning....

Truly beautiful! What peak are we viewing in your pic?
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638

Mt Rainier, all 14410 feet.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569

Mt Rainier, all 14410 feet.

Thanks! I should have known that, oldtimer's disease. I had a good friend many years ago, now passed, who lived in Enumclaw. Gorgeous country.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Granite curbing?

It's nearly ubiquitous in New England (concrete doesn't hold up well here, and asphalt lasts until the first plowing of the winter) Granite curbs are notorious here for eating tires, all year 'round.

It's also pretty adept at eating alloy wheels (and not too friendly for steelies, either).

:|

Another enemy of low-profile tires and alloy wheels are the metal plates that are used temporarily to cover pot hole and minor road repairs here in New England, and perhaps elsewhere.

If their edges are not "beveled" with hot-top, a low-profile tire that is under-inflated a bit can compress enough to cut the side wall and warp the wheel. I know whereof I speak because it happened to me with a brand new Lexus LS430 on the Leverett connector in January 2003. And, I was not the only victim that evening: There was a line of at least six or seven vehicles that had driven over the same metal plate who were lined up along side the road waiting for AAA to show up.

Not fun.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521

8vizgqpd77be.jpg

Was that taken in Bonnie Lake?
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    CH46E wrote: »

8vizgqpd77be.jpg

Was that taken in Bonnie Lake?

Puyallup
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Puyallup

What'd you say about my mamma!?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited March 2021
    @KennethSwauger I bet you would've liked this room from CAS 19! Ampex ATR-102!

DSC02683.jpg
    q8hpxl7vcrxq.jpg
    DSC02689.jpg

2.-CAS9-Boardroom-3-Tim-Marutani-768x994.jpg
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834

v4bmdea0eg1t.png

That is incredible.. Very Nice!!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    mb0syi479oux.jpeg
    Sda-2a crossovers by dhs speaker @westmassguy

I think the FBI will be visiting you soon. :s:D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    03ybk66zdz3c.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson