Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    0hgswbk95prj.png

I can think of two reasonable explanations.

1) Allie cannot read.
    2) That isn't Allie.

B)

Isn't that a photo shoot for the new Dr. Seuss series of books that build on the "Cat in the Hat" theme.
    To be called "The Kat on the Cake" featuring "Adolph der WunderKat" .

Part of their new emphasis on "Inclusion" which I think they're taking too far

I think you're basically right -- except that cat has more of a soul patch, so he/she/they is/are more of a Joliet Jake, methinks. B)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Sometimes you come across a setup that just makes you say WTF and do a facepalm:

145934947_4156580481047847_7780686333016403223_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=3&_nc_sid=9e2e56&_nc_ohc=mxYlhrRgRPoAX9GUsuy&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.xx&tp=6&oh=f25c44837342c11d715027ebba61a960&oe=6063518F
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited March 2021
    If I may be snarky, what a waste of ARC and Nagra. The JBLs must mean it's in Japan. Not to mention putting the speaker that close to the power amp is a problem.
  • JayDog
    JayDog Posts: 266
    edited March 2021
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Sometimes you come across a setup that just makes you say WTF and do a facepalm:

145934947_4156580481047847_7780686333016403223_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=3&_nc_sid=9e2e56&_nc_ohc=mxYlhrRgRPoAX9GUsuy&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.xx&tp=6&oh=f25c44837342c11d715027ebba61a960&oe=6063518F

What is he doing with that speaker placement here?

Maybe he was moving & making adjustments, I will say, I want this TV stand or one almost exactly like it called the Corridor 8179 Modern TV Stand & Media Console BDI Furniture.
    I wish it wasn't $3000 or I would of aready bought it Caleb from Digital trends loves this stand but 3k is hard to justify for a stand imo. but it is built like a tank and would last a lifetime.

https://www.bdiusa.com/products/corridor-8179-modern-tv-stand-entertainment-center
  • JayDog
    If I may be snarky, what a waste of ARC and Nagra. The JBLs must mean it's in Japan. Not to mention putting the speaker that close to the power amp is a problem.

I was just posted these same thoughts, there was no shielding on those model years..
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    I dunno, I think the vase on top of the JBL helps to bring the whole ensemble together. 😵
    Sal Palooza
  • JayDog
    edited March 2021
    I dunno, I think the vase on top of the JBL helps to bring the whole ensemble together. 😵

His stand, speakers, amps & and turntable show good taste. He has some excellent gear and furniture here, he just needs help with the execution. What, Now, I sound like a reality show.. Never mind!

I just want this stand and need that push to pull the trigger..
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    WTF? When I first saw it without my glasses, I thought the two on the left were a couple of R2D2's on top.

80antnnzsx2g.png
    kyt49ijxolrb.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

I'm thinking the Pioneer is just for nostalgic decoration...the real speakers are located out front
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited March 2021
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    51dun43y56sl.jpg

James Dean died in a tragic car accident @ age 24?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mhardy6647

Not to mention that the vase on top of it is poised to be fodder for a Maxell print ad reboot for the 21st Century.

B)
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    My Buff brothers! Nothing like standing 10 feet from an engine run with one of these.
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    djqfn6uhrrtn.jpg

I'll see your most excellent picture and raise you this...

qdfdpiw6p2zs.png
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • JayCee
    edited March 2021
    @CH46E Chris, let me guess...did you work around them @ Edwards? When I was kid, there, they used them as lifting bodies for many of the experimental aircraft. My dad worked at the Army Aviation Flight Activity and they'd often park between his hanger and the Dryden/NASA direction. I have a really cool pic of him standing next to the X-24 (bionic man/Col Steve Austin/Lee Majors fame) when it was hung under the wing. Pretty wild that I went on to work in support of the G and H model 52's.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited March 2021
    Around what??? The B52? During my time with the Marines HMM-764 CH46E squadron, I don't think I saw a single B52. In April 2001, I saw a JSF F35 doing a VTOL exercise. Never saw a F35 after that. I saw a Airbus A380 test there. Watched F22 Raptors a lot. Got up close to a few at the wash rack right behind the ATC tower. Watched several B2 bombers land and take off. Watched a few Shuttle Landings. Lots of sonic booms.

We did load 6 CH46E into 2 USAF Galaxy C5s and fly to Trinidad Tobago. Our annual Weed Eater operation where we helped local gov hual out tons of Marijuana. WE GOT TO BE THERE WHEN THE INCENERATED IT!!!! 30 day no drug test waivers after that!!! 😀🙃🙃😉

I miss that desert.
  • JayCee
    Sorry 'bout that. Yes, the 52. You "agreed" to the post so I just assumed you had experience with them. LOL on the Trinidad TDY!
  • CH46E
    No doubt B52 is Instrumental to our freedom!

And I'm pretty sure we ate all the Funoinons on the island. Oh and Shaggy the singer was in a room on our floor in the hotel. He just happens to be a Marine. Was a pretty cool night. Not trying to incriminate anyone here. But we had a lot of fun.
  • JayCee
    edited March 2021
    Really? Shaggy was a Marine? Did I just fall for a load of BS? I guess I could look it up. I love Funions! Haven't had them for years. Dammit, add them to the shopping list. Could add somthin' else since it's legal, but it's been many years...............
  • CH46E
    JayCee wrote: »
    Really? Shaggy was a Marine? Did I just fall for a load of BS? I guess I could look it up. I love Funions! Haven't had them for years. Dammit, add them to the shopping list.

gff0i30gvhvr.jpg
  • JayCee
    Well all be...I did a lot of bar hopping just outside of Osan AB, ROK, when he was the rage. Wasn't Me was in heavy rotation after soju, icees and yaki mandu. Good times.
  • CH46E
    All the best are Marines. Rob Riggle, a Special Forces Colonel.... I know. Hard to believe. Drew Carry, Marines. Dan Daily, HERO Marine, Chesty Puller, HERO Marine.

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087

^^^^^ A Les Paul ?

3qccsp6i4v06.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    Here's a nice photo of Jimmy Page backed by Ampex and Technics decks.

t2ycre7qwv5h.png

NOT a Marine.
    Just showin' off my musicological knowlege.
    B)
  • mhardy6647
    58nkhi32c734.png

Gibson whatever ;)