Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    They look nice. Wonder how they sound?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    BlueFox wrote: »

They sound wonderful!
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    edited February 2021

They're only 40 miles away from you. ;)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    CH46E wrote: »

They sound wonderful!
    How do you know? :p:p;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • CH46E
    edited February 2021

They sound wonderful!

Hahah, right, mine have been torn down for over a year now. Wife is really pissed that our seldom used dinner table looks like this. Plus them hanging out in the living room.

c6gqfd71ibrp.jpg
    llllmdqkkj8o.jpg
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601

They sound wonderful!

Hahah, right, mine have been torn down for over a year now. Wife is really pissed that our seldom used dinner table looks like this. Plus them hanging out in the living room.

c6gqfd71ibrp.jpg
    llllmdqkkj8o.jpg

Well since it's only been a year then that means that they're coming along nicely. :D
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517

They sound wonderful!

c6gqfd71ibrp.jpg
    llllmdqkkj8o.jpg

You do realize that’s not how breaking in works right :wink:

They have to be turned on and working for that......

I KEED!!!!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • CH46E

They sound wonderful!

c6gqfd71ibrp.jpg
    llllmdqkkj8o.jpg

You do realize that’s not how breaking in works right :wink:

They have to be turned on and working for that......

I KEED!!!!

Wait, what? Dang it! 🤣
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited February 2021
    Come on, Chris. You PROMISED you'd get them running. May have to report you to the authorities for abuse. Those Infinity's don't deserve that. You claimed you rescued them. What are you running? A broken down speaker mill? What else is cowering in the corner?
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • CH46E
    edited February 2021
    JayCee wrote: »
    Come on, Chris. You PROMISED you'd get them running. May have to report you to the authorities for abuse. Those Infinity's don't deserve that. You claimed you rescued them. What are you running? A broken down speaker mill? What else is cowering in the corner?

Hahah, well, I thought I was done with one and started the other. Then I realized I never hooked the parallel caps upto the ground. I'm not so sure I'm following the schematic correctly. Honestly I'm regretting not just paying a pro to do them.

@VR3 , is it to late to send ya everything??? 😆

As far as what else do I have hiding in the corner...... I have some Infinity IRS series V sitting on the back porch. But I think the FL humidity is not good for them. Too big to put in the house. They are next to some Wilson Watt Puppies and Polk SRT system.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    Sure man, will even engrave your name on the boards 😜
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • CH46E
    VR3 wrote: »
    Sure man, will even engrave your name on the boards 😜

PM on the way!!!!!!!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Honestly I'm regretting not just paying a pro to do them.

Send them to me Chris! I've got a bottle of Tequila and a soldering iron. I'm ready!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    https://omaha.craigslist.org/ele/d/council-bluffs-vintage-wire-recorder/7280188643.html

No Affil.

Before magnetic tape recorders, there were recorders using thin wire to record on.

98xy33h9x4j9.jpg
    fr3kbsh0s3a7.jpg
    chq5h685dtyo.jpg
    51r7bh8gptgx.jpg

• JayCee
    ^^^^^Whoa, that's cool. First I've seen of this.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • JayCee
    edited March 2021
    @Joey_V, found your next pair of speakers. Demo $260K speaks and you can be just like Uncle Kev. Call to wheel and deal but you may want to start buttering up the misses!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGyq2fFPh_o

rnadqhzkfftw.png
  • CH46E
    audioluvr wrote: »
    On the other hand $260,000 will buy a lot of hookers and blow!

https://youtu.be/D9QCvgKW7fk
  • JayCee
    edited March 2021
    Closest I got to them was at the Munich Hi-End back in 2016. Had the rare chrome finish of the Scala V2 Utopia. Large demo room but the wait was crazy to get in. Decided to move on and never heard them. Think the SDA-SRS's are big. These are massive. You could balance hookers on them, fill them with blow and still have room to spare. Heck, if you can afford $260K you can do both. Throw in a case of Dom Pérignon for good measure.
  • JayCee
    audioluvr wrote: »
    On the other hand $260,000 will buy a lot of hookers and blow!

https://youtu.be/D9QCvgKW7fk

That's some funny Chit! I like the reporter's reaction.
  • aprazer402
    edited March 2021
    https://omaha.craigslist.org/ele/d/elkhorn-1929-majestic-model-91-tube/7287168061.html

No Affil.

Cool 92 year old radio. But I prefer the slightly later art-deco ones.

Think the tubes are 92 years old?

n6ebrhfd11ih.jpg
    mtmwb06xfcro.jpg
    bxvdj9rad6it.jpg
    twn0o5r3w6f5.jpg
    g2euip1zp4qj.jpg

EDIT: I just Googled "Majestic 90,91,92" very common and not worth much.

Being old does not necessarily mean an increase in value or worth!

Also as in appraising, COST (PRICE) does not necessarily equal VALUE!
    Post edited by aprazer402 on
  • aprazer402
    https://omaha.craigslist.org/ele/d/omaha-paradigm-metal-speaker-stands/7286137605.html

No Affil.

6pc00dn0d56m.jpg

I may look at these. Paradigm metal stands model S-18. Fillable.

These might be good for Monitor 7's.

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    Nice. Wonder what the weight capacity is. Could be attached to 16" x 16" dense concrete block (finished matte black). I like my 7B's stands 6" higher.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Model Train STEAM Sound Throttle Magoffin 1001S w/ AutoChuff, ROC - $150 (Snellville)

ioglki8aojq3.png
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/ele/d/snellville-model-train-steam-sound/7290083646.html
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    edited March 2021
    Set of McIntosh ML-4Cs and matching L3C console asking $2,000. No affiliation.
    https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649677684-vintage-mcintosh-mcm-l3c-cabinet-and-ml-4c-loudspeakers/
    2981607-216f5b4d-vintage-mcintosh-mcm-l3c-cabinet-and-ml-4c-loudspeakers.jpg
    2981606-50a695e1-vintage-mcintosh-mcm-l3c-cabinet-and-ml-4c-loudspeakers.jpg
    2981610-a46b3755-vintage-mcintosh-mcm-l3c-cabinet-and-ml-4c-loudspeakers.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.