What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Thanks for help on the seals.

36-40 years ago I delivered windows & (metal) doors so I’m familiar w/door sweeps.

Merry Christmas 🎄! Tony
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    Thanks for help on the seals.

36-40 years ago I delivered windows & (metal) doors so I’m familiar w/door sweeps.

Merry Christmas 🎄! Tony

I've also delivered hundreds myself. Small world.

Merry Christmas to you too.

3q6zk0pn7i09.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited December 2020
    Tony M wrote: »

All Doors should have their names on them. Andersen even has their name and date made on their glass in the upper right hand corners.

I think it would be cool to have doors named "Jim" and "Morrison".
    Or even "Mr. Mojo Risin"

B)

Our outside basement door has a frayed bottom sweep/seal -- I think :) it looks just like the one pictured above, so (in all seriousness) this is ineresting information to me!

• Tony M
    edited December 2020
    LOL.

Jim for reg. doors. Morrison for double doors. :D

If you can't see the sweep's pattern from the edge of the door bottom, tap the hinge pins up and out and tilt the door on its edge.

Get your eyes on how the sweep is attached.

They come in 32" and 36" for 99% of them. I saw some 40" ones... :o

• gp4jesus
    edited December 2020
    Sweeps are a breeze to fit and replace. I did one recently. The seals in the jambs...?
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Congrats man. That’s a beautiful piece of kit!
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    jonicont wrote: »
    10 months—no vacations, no travel, no shows, no entertainment, no restaurants. Merry Christmas to me. Retired my modified 11 yo Rega P3-24 ( gave it to my daughter and sol-they had an orbit). Picked up a Prime and Soundsmith Zephyr MKIII. So quiet! Great detail but not clinical. Only 20 hours in. Waiting for it to open up. Very happy camper here.

eqdq89ung10a.jpeg

You are going to love it. I also have a Prime with a Soundsmith Zephyr. Have had it for a couple of years. Great setup.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    10 months—no vacations, no travel, no shows, no entertainment, no restaurants. Merry Christmas to me. Retired my modified 11 yo Rega P3-24 ( gave it to my daughter and sol-they had an orbit). Picked up a Prime and Soundsmith Zephyr MKIII. So quiet! Great detail but not clinical. Only 20 hours in. Waiting for it to open up. Very happy camper here.

eqdq89ung10a.jpeg

Looks great! Not a table I've been able to get ears on, but I've always wanted to. Same for the Soundsmith. I think that combo can last you as long as you want it last.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • gp4jesus
    eqdq89ung10a.jpeg
    That tonearm looks like a Rega, same as mine - RB 300. Regardless, congrats!

Merry Christmas 🎄🎁

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Nah, that's a VPI arm. They make and use their own arms.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited December 2020
    I also got a Pangea 14se power cord for my Bluesound 2i from my son and a Cullen Crossover Series power cable from my wife for Christmas to go with the used one I got from Marvin.

Got a Record Doctor 5 for my December birthday from my wife. Hit the big 70, I'm now really old, at least my body is
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Tony M
    @Milito, Happy belated Birthday.

I wish my little family would give me gifts like that. :p

You're making a good run at a long life. ;)

And I'm right behind you. :)
  • gp4jesus
    Milito wrote: »
    Hit the big 70, I'm now really old, at least my body is
    😊🎶🎉🎊🎈🍕🎂🎁 X 70!

My FB birthday greeting for most including ANY Autistic under 20. (In an Autistic FB group for my youngest son)

You received the “X” bonus for being “more mature than I. Any Autistic under 10 receives the same.

Celebrate life any way you can, every chance you get.
    I just learned COVID-19 took a 3 year old by stroke!😢
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    CH46E wrote: »
    I got a new Cork matt for the TT. A few albums and a Pangea 14se power cord for the Anthem pre2l pre amp.

Still waiting on the review of the Anthem...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I got a new Cork matt for the TT. A few albums and a Pangea 14se power cord for the Anthem pre2l pre amp.

Still waiting on the review of the Anthem...

Waiting on a part from parts connexion. Picked up the Alps Potentiometer volume pot. Should be able to have it installed next week.
  • CH46E
    Not noticing anything from a cork matt or new albums.

bp4piv3lsu9r.jpg
    s23qhaxaoca9.jpg
    ydsd95jtzpjb.jpg
    65haipf6kkzt.jpg
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Were you able to figure out that woofer movement thing?
  • CH46E
    edited December 2020
    Clipdat wrote: »

No... crazy it is. When I play PF ANBITB it was perfect. When mover the needle to song six, Comfortably Nubm the sub sonic acted up. When I went to Santana all the songs were exhibiting the same issues.
  • CH46E
    edited December 2020
    I'm not sure but I think I need to sell everything and move to Montenegro.
    Oh and 750 ml of vodka down... so..... ya know. A grain. Of salt.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Yeah, that, or try a different cartridge.
  • CH46E
    Yeah, that, or try a different cartridge.

I was so close to a Gardo black. But picked up the cork matt and the Pangea 14se cord.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926

No... crazy it is. When I play PF ANBITB it was perfect. When mover the needle to song six, Comfortably Nubm the sub sonic acted up. When I went to Santana all the songs were exhibiting the same issues.

Sounds like good ol' acoustic feedback, assuming this is a rekkid you're playing?
    Resonance is an interesting topic. What's the arm/cartridge match like?

This may be very old news to all y'all :( but, a while back, I learned an amazing thing somewhere on teh webz: maybe on (IIRC) ASR (sorry!) -- or maybe it was here :p or @ AK.

One may use Audacity to get a good estimate of one's arm/cartridge/stylus suspension resonance.
    Audacity has a built in "FFT" spectrum analyzer. Set up a rekkid to play, "sample" playback of a silent portion of said rekkid (e.g., the lead-in), then use the "analyze" function ("plot spectrum" option), set the "size" parameter large enough (16384) and voila -- visualize the arm/cartridge system resonance!

ou5m67axh2ki.png

N.B. voila is French for Bob's your uncle. :|
  • @CH46E
     http:www.kabusa.com/rf1.htm

I wonder if this would help with the subsonic rumble
  • Tony M
    What table is your TT sitting on?
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    After setting up a second system in the “Pit” a few months ago,this morning I pulled the Graham Chartwell’s out,and put the Nola Boxer 2’s in the system. This is the first time I’ve set up the Nola’s in this system. They sound great to these ears.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    After setting up a second system in the “Pit” a few months ago,this morning I pulled the Graham Chartwell’s out,and put the Nola Boxer 2’s in the system. This is the first time I’ve set up the Nola’s in this system. They sound great to these ears.

Nice avatar!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    audioluvr wrote: »
    TEAforONE wrote: »

Nice avatar!

Thanks! Growing up,we had this poster on the bathroom door. My older brother and sister put it up,and my parents had a great sense of humor.
    See my profile for list of gear.