Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    I'm a sucker for those tu9900's, just beautiful they are.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    TU-9900 with an AU-11000A integrated amp made for a very pleasant listening experience.
    Sal Palooza
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    TU-9900 with an AU-11000A integrated amp made for a very pleasant listening experience.

Indeed they did. Heck, I'm still looking for a decent au-717 for sale at a decent price. Some of these vintage sellers want far too much.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I'm a sucker for those tu9900's, just beautiful they are.

They're not just pretty faces (as, of course, is also the case with Mr. @KennethSwauger :# )

Sansui made a bevy of fine tuners which also boasted above average aesthetics (both of which, I'd posit, are reflected in prices on the current used marketplace for 'em). Based on my (limited) experience, the tuners in the Sansui receivers were likewise better than average performers. There's a 5000A here, e.g., with surprisingly good FM and AM sections.

9956280994_9b81d20d3c_b.jpgSansui 5000A front by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

• BlueMDPicker
    Options
    My new, favorite pocket T-shirt...

1t3y0hbsxgbv.jpg
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,096
    Options
    hiradfg1b7h8.jpg

Probably a good idea U-Haul.
  • aprazer402
    edited December 2020
    Options
    zv3tcvjnlcmz.jpg

More welding. Adjustable wrench motor mount.

Looks like this motor is on the ground.
    Post edited by aprazer402 on
  • aprazer402
    Options
    zu8s66wjq2tj.jpg

If you can't weld, then!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    ynjsnuh2klda.jpg
    hhhmmmm might need a lil more lift.............8gpngqqhxm0d.jpg

Not to mention where to put that spare tire!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    jrsdzrq4zkcw.jpg

Maybe some folks were upset that he contributed to global warming back in 1967 at the Monterey Pop Festival ? 💥
    Sal Palooza
  • aprazer402
    edited December 2020
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    ynjsnuh2klda.jpg

Whatever those tires go on, forget a jack, you'll need a crane.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    Options
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    zv3tcvjnlcmz.jpg

More welding. Adjustable wrench motor mount.

Looks like this motor is on the ground.

Generator maybe. Pretty clever.
  • pitdogg2
    edited December 2020
    Options
    ynjsnuh2klda.jpg

Those tires can weigh in excess of 10,000lbs each, if they are anything like the Bridgestone plant here makes. Some of the tires they make here are 25,000lbs. each....
    They can take two weeks to make one.
  • aprazer402
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    ynjsnuh2klda.jpg

Those tires can weigh in excess of 10,000lbs each, if they are anything like the Bridgestone plant here makes. Some of the tires they make here are 25,000lbs. each....
    They can take two weeks to make one.

8359zawk5jov.jpg
    Manufactured by Caterpillar, the 797F, introduced in 2008, is the latest in their range of dump trucks and with an operating weight of 687.5 tons, can carry a 400 ton payload. A 4000 horsepower four stroke diesel engine is used, which also features 20 cylinders, and is air-to-air inter-cooled. With Caterpillar priding themselves on being the only ultra-class haul truck manufacturer to use hydraulic torque converter transmissions, the 797F stands out amongst the other biggest mining dump trucks, that all utilize transmissions which are diesel-electric.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sly Stone with another Teac quad deck.

74ef2y43jvfk.png
  • aprazer402
    edited December 2020
    Options
    ^^^^ I recently learned Sly and the Family Stone were a San Francisco area band. I always thought they were East Coast for some reason. I knew they played at Fillmore West and Avalon in the sixties. I saw them in Omaha in Oct. '74, great concert.
    Post edited by aprazer402 on
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    That is very cool Rick.
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    Options
    Always loved Johnny. My dad passed the same day Johnny did. January 23, 2005
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    Johnny was the best..............
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    More trucks and tires; this truck built in the 50's for oil work in Sahara Dessert.

vko41sme2bdd.png
    https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/berliet-t100-truck-will-blow-your-mind/

Note:
    All those tires reminded me of a childhood memory. I was 12-14 years old. My cousin, some type of engineer, went to the Sahara Desert in the 50's after oil was discovered. He was an avid photographer and home movie guy. At a family event, he showed some of the things that were happening in the desert oil work.

I remember tires so large that I could hardly believe the size. I found the truck picture above that was restored but I don't know if those were in the home movies. I remember gigantic trailers with gigantic tires going through the sand. Made an impression on me.

The link above discusses the problems with equipment in the desert.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,451
    Options
    vos1gs68rlet.jpg
    Randy/Maine
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I had a summer job during my college years at a company who built large trailers for oilfield equipment.

When I was there they were finishing up a 32 wheel trailer and were starting to build a much bigger one than that (I don't remember how many wheels it was going to have). Both were going to Alaska.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • boston1450
    Options
    topb4bda7vdn.png
    My son was working for a company & they just got bought out by this company. This is his truck
    Randy/Maine
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    edited January 2021
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »
    vos1gs68rlet.jpg

Beautiful Kenworth conventional.
  • boston1450
    Options
    Much better than the cab over i had back in the early 80's. Couldn't sit a cup of coffee on the dog house or you would wear it. Back then i was hauling seafood to NYC Fulton Fish Market down on 2nd Ave 3-4 times a week. Great in tight spots. Then JB Hunt screwed up my backhauls. They hauled stuff so cheap it ran owner operators out of business with grocery chain backhauls. Back to flatbed i went. Nicer people too. Lumber yard & other places were happy to see you VS groc chain receivers who cop'd attitudes
    Randy/Maine