Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,858
    The groundhog: my mortal enemy.... The only animal I smite with excessive prejudice. Hate 'em. Oddly enough, I like most spiders.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,280
    tt5quov51c4m.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,763
    edited November 2018
    New master remodel underway.
    Parts gathering at the moment. Should be pretty pimp
    wyvnzmpsaaix.jpeg
    jngukh1ceiao.jpeg
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT - Parasound P6 - Parasound A21+ - Elac Adante AS-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u

HT - Panasonic BDP/Tivo Bolt - Marantz SR5013 - Def tech C and In ceiling - Sony XBR 75"
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 26,062
    As seen on teh internetz.
    Ok, this is from spring, not fall, but still...

3610b29cvxfu.png
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 5,381
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Yesterday morning, I spent an hour staring at my pug puppy wall calendar trying to figure out how to turn it back an hour. :*
    joecoulson wrote: »
    New master remodel underway.
    Parts gathering at the moment. Should be pretty pimp
    wyvnzmpsaaix.jpeg

Looks like a perfect spot for a tube integrated between those mirrors. But where are you going to put the TT? Wall mount? :p
    Interesting
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT - Parasound P6 - Parasound A21+ - Elac Adante AS-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u

HT - Panasonic BDP/Tivo Bolt - Marantz SR5013 - Def tech C and In ceiling - Sony XBR 75"
  • OleBootOleBoot Posts: 704
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

3610b29cvxfu.png

Wonder how the Druids did it without Land Rovers?
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 5,381
    OleBoot wrote: »

yqr14tn0kosq.jpg
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,280
    edited November 2018
    …………………….^^^^^^^^^^
    That right there is a great picture!!! :D

Poster material.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Alien 1: "Lets pile up some big stones in a circle on this little planet, and pop back a 1,000 years later and have a laugh at how they think these morons did this"

Alien 2: "Yeah, then we'll leak the formula for acid and they'll probably dance naked round them. Ark, Ark, Ark."
    I/we got rid of so much old office furniture like that from my parents' house (mostly castoffs from my grad school and other places that my father or I had connections with).
  • OleBoot wrote: »

The Druids could do it specifically because they did NOT have Land Rovers. ;)

MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+

You mean they had Jeeps?
    edited November 2018
    Battlestation

u8e15jecq7p1.jpeg

Great work john
    Looks right out of Mad Men

Except for the tv of course

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 8,483
    Crooked male RCA tips on an Audioquest Carbon digital coaxial cable. Expected better build quality than this on a freaking $200 cable. Kinda ridiculous.

119ybyz7e60a.jpg
    z17focuuc4c8.jpg
    Looks like the stranger built them... :#
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,039
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Crooked male RCA tips on an Audioquest Carbon digital coaxial cable. Expected better build quality than this on a freaking $200 cable. Kinda ridiculous.

119ybyz7e60a.jpg
    z17focuuc4c8.jpg

They're excited....stick'em in D hole
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 8,483
    I tried them out, it was a super tight fit and felt like it was putting unnecessary stress on the female jack itself as well as possibly the plastic insulator inside the jack. Didn't feel good.

This cable's fitment was unlike any of the other Audioquest RCA cables that I own which are fairly easy on/off, yet reassuringly snug. This didn't feel right and I had to exert higher than normal pressure to plug and unplug it.

I've reached out to the authorized retailer where I purchased the cable and we'll see what they say. I bought them earlier this year though, so there's not really any incentive for them to do anything for me at this point. So, I will most likely have to reach out to Audioquest next.

This is unacceptable for a $200 cable, imo.

You mean they had Jeeps?

Broncos, ol' son. Broncos. Real Broncos.
    They got 'em from aliens -- but that's another story.

14803393032_89de782588_b.jpgbronchusspiffed by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I/we got rid of so much old office furniture like that from my parents' house (mostly castoffs from my grad school and other places that my father or I had connections with).

That makes me dizzy. I love the desk and chairs and won’t ever part with them. The desk is in extremely good shape, including the top (which is often one of the worst parts). Restored tanker desks can go for $1,000 and up.

• verbverb Posts: 10,225
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I tried them out, it was a super tight fit and felt like it was putting unnecessary stress on the female jack itself as well as possibly the plastic insulator inside the jack. Didn't feel good.

This cable's fitment was unlike any of the other Audioquest RCA cables that I own which are fairly easy on/off, yet reassuringly snug. This didn't feel right and I had to exert higher than normal pressure to plug and unplug it.

I've reached out to the authorized retailer where I purchased the cable and we'll see what they say. I bought them earlier this year though, so there's not really any incentive for them to do anything for me at this point. So, I will most likely have to reach out to Audioquest next.

This is unacceptable for a $200 cable, imo.

Do they straighten out if you push on it? If not, agreed they would put a lot of radial stress on the female jack. Could lead to problems over the long haul.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • verbverb Posts: 10,225
    Thinking about this, you may be able to bend em back so they are straight. Take the collars off, let's see what they look like under the hood!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub